EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

Important: Please note Draft teams will be available to view today and leagues will be processed by Wednesday. We apologise for the delay and appreciate your patience. Rest assured future Gameweeks will be updated immediately.

This is good. Will be able to see eachothers teams, points etc as from today. 

• Like 1

Okay so, leagues have been updated and the results for Week 1 are as follows:

Bombers 42 - 31 Baines & Noble

Spursy 56 - 36 Coop Flew The Coop

Top of the Klopps 30 - 65 Athletic Dildao

#Pogbants 31 - 40 Kindergarten Klopp

@Baddar's Dildao (seriously, got to type this all season?) took the biggest win of the week, perhaps unsurprising given the team name, with NINE players bagging 5+ points to earn a crushing win over @Loz. Dildao's star man was Mkhitaryan, but all in all the 4-0 Man Utd win paid immense dividends with the four MUFC players accounting for 29 of his 65 points. Michael Keane's 8 points were left on the bench as well, so it could have been an even more emphatic victory. Loz toiled with some miserable defender scores, Cahill earning -3 and Zabaleta -1, whilst Huddersfield's Schindler was left on the bench with a nice 6 point haul. Dele Alli and Baldo Silva were the only bright spots earning 8 points apiece, with not a single point earned by a striker for Loz.

@Jimmy sits in 2nd place after a 20-point win over @Moses Julep. Spursy owe Spurs a debt of gratitude, Ben Davies with 14 points for a goal and a clean sheet, and Christian Eriksen earning him another 12. Mane and Giroud were also goalscorers here for Jimmy, with only the red carded Fabregas letting the side down. Moses can look at his strikers Vardy & Rooney for solace in this defeat, they earned the bulk of his points with three goals between them, but besides them only Alderweireld earned more than 2 points. In fact only 9 of his players even got a game due to injuries which must be a concern going forward.

@hugobomb earned an 11-point win over myself (@Dwight K. Schrute) courtesy of Romelu Lukaku's debut double. De Gea's clean sheet and a goal for Welbeck also proved enough with little to shout about elsewhere, only Willian earning an assist throughout the rest of the team. Bobby Firmino's goal and sumptuous assist were the only bright spots for my own team, earning 12 points. A clean sheet for Leighton Baines means he was the only other player in the team to earn more than 3 points this week. Curious to note that we were both missing strikers as well - Harry Kane and Gabriel Jesus - who had goals disallowed which is the one week we'll be glad to see that happen.

The narrowest margin of victory in Week 1 was in favour of @Titi Camara, who bagged a 9-point win over @MadJack thanks largely to goals for Salah and Morata. Mignolet was the only starting goalkeeper to earn 0 points, but defenders Kolasinac and Cedric made up for that to pull Dave's side over the line. Sam can also lean on his MUFC boys to earn the bulk of his points this week, albeit in defeat, with Martial and Valencia accounting for 15 between them. Kompany was the only other player to garner more than 2 points in the team.

Table can be viewed here: https://draft.premierleague.com/league

Waivers can now be requested, so if folk could finally sort out the Draft discrepancies that'd be great. They'll be processed on Friday I believe, I've already set myself to bring Kane in for Gayle so I hope it works and I don't have to do anything else. Hugo needs to bring Jesus in, David needs to get Hazard in and Loz is it needs Aguero? Someone needs Aguero anyway.

I need Aguero and Vertonghen, yeah. 

I've drafted them in for Deeney and Zabaleta respectively. 

I've also drafted in Mounie for Costa seeing as the latter is almost certianly not going to be playing this season. 

3 minutes ago, Loz said:

I need Aguero and Vertonghen, yeah. 

I've drafted them in for Deeney and Zabaleta respectively. 

I've also drafted in Mounie for Costa seeing as the latter is almost certianly not going to be playing this season. 

You might want to hope that you are higher up the waiver list than me and hope he's a higher priority on your waivers as I've put him in as a possible transfer in for Sturridge. 

Just now, Titi Camara said:

You might want to hope that you are higher up the waiver list than me and hope he's a higher priority on your waivers as I've put him in as a possible transfer in for Sturridge. 

:lol: This is when things start getting fun.

There's no way of checking either is there? Either way, one of us is going to be stuck with some shit up front this week. :P

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

My only dilemma this week is whether to stick with Luiz at CB, or bring in Keane. I think Spurs will score goals and probably beat Chelsea, but then, god knows how many City will put past Everton on Monday night.

Zero, hopefully :P

• Like 1

My team is already boned by injuries, proper annoying. Zaha is out for four weeks now, Coutinho remains a mystery, and Lanzini is their back up and he's still out. Shite.

Did everyone get who they wanted through the Waiver Wire? I finally have Kane, let's hope he breaks his August scoring duck this weekend.

Yeah, I got mine through as well. My team looks good. Everybody, barring Blind, are playing at home this week so hopefully should get a decent amount of points on the board. 

Sorry @Davidmarrio, I did get Mounie. Feel a little bad about it now. You should've mentioned you was after him in this thread :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loz said:

Yeah, I got mine through as well. My team looks good. Everybody, barring Blind, are playing at home this week so hopefully should get a decent amount of points on the board. 

Sorry @Davidmarrio, I did get Mounie. Feel a little bad about it now. You should've mentioned you was after him in this thread :(

Don't apologise it's sound. It's a game, gotta pick people you want that others want. 

As long as he does nothing when I match up against you it's all good ;)

Just noticed it's the Klopp Derby this weekend!!

One final move this week, replaced Mirrales with Xhaka, allowing me to play 3-4-3 and move Willian to the bench along with Azpilicueta (Monreal replaces him).

My starting XI this week:

De Gea

Ake, Milner, Monreal

Sigurdsson, Xhaka, Mata, Ramsey

Ihanacho, Lukaku, Jesus