EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

6 hours ago, hugobomb said:

I'm bringing in Jese (for Ramsey), Zanka (for Van Dijk), Otamendi (for Monreal) and Okazaki (for Iheanacho). Ramsey and Monreal had to go because I have too many Liverpool and Arsenal players considering they're playing each other this week.

You may not get Okazaki as I'm in for him and I think the lower ranked team gets the waiver?

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

You may not get Okazaki as I'm in for him and I think the lower ranked team gets the waiver?

How dare you! This means war!!

:P Or I will just have to find a different defender, there will be enough time to do that before the game day deadline.

• Like 1

Happy that I managed to pick up Alonso, felt that Mustafi has been crap so far and having 3/5 defenders being involved in the Liverpool/Arsenal match as well as Mignolet wouldn't be ideal. 

@Baddar lost his 100% record thanks to Liverpool's demolition job on Arsenal this weekend, as Dildao lost 55-41 to Kindergarten Klopp. As it turns out, Baddar's tally would have been enough for victory against 5 of the other 6 players in the league, but that's the nature of the fixture list unfortunately. @Davidmarrio can thank his Liverpool charges, Mo Salah with 11 points for a goal and an assist, Matip with 6 points for a clean sheet and a goal off the bench for Sturridge, although Chelsea's Morata top scored with 12 points for his goal and assist in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Everton. All three of his defenders got clean sheets, but in fact sub Charlie Daniels would have been Dave's highest scoring defender if he'd been selected after netting a wonder strike against Man City. Baddar's boys stay top on points difference despite that loss, with nobody in the team earning more than 6 points this week - Bailly, Luiz, Rashford and Bertrand all gaining that tally.

@Loz and his TotK team are joint top after a 42-32 win over @hugobomb's Bombers, handing the Brummie his first defeat of the season. Dele Alli top scored with 9 points in a good all-round team performance, with David Silva, Blind and Schindler all earning 6 points. Gabriel Jesus' goal made him Huw's top scorer on 9, whilst De Gea's clean sheet earned 7 points in the defeat. Huw would have actually won with better team selection though, sub goalie Forster earning 11 points and Cesar Azpilicueta's 9 points squandered with Nathan Ake getting zero, as did Romelu Lukaku after a penalty miss against Leicester.

@Dwight K. Schrute is the 4th player on 6 points to sit joint top heading into the international break after a 37-26 win over Spursy. Sadio Mane again top scored for @Jimmy, who agonisingly missed out on a draw by leaving Cesc Fabregas on the bench, his 11 points the margin of defeat with defender Bellerin earning zero from Arsenal's big defeat. Baines & Noble again have Bobby Firmino to thank after he earned 12 points, whilst debutant Matt Ritchie and substitute Antonio Rudiger earned 6 points apiece. Raheem Sterling's red card adds to the selection woes for myself, with Zaha and Coutinho still injured and Lanzini not yet fully fit either.

@MadJack edged a first win of the season, 35-23 against CFTP, as first pick Antonio Valencia top scored with 9, and fellow Man Utd defender Phil Jones earned 7 points. Nobody else in the team earned more than 3 points, except for unused sub keeper Gomes with 6. Moses (who I can't tag for some reason) endured a poor week and is now the only player without a victory after three matches, Maya Yoshida the only bright spot this week with 6 points for a clean sheet.

International break now, so a week off for everyone to re-assess their squads and keep an eye on tomorrow's final day of the transfer window for potential new additions.