TEW16 Real World Update: August 2017

Here is the update for August, the good news this month is that the overhaul of stats and pop has finished, I plan on going through and fixing rosters and popularity but it won't require the time like before, I also want to go through and tweek some promotions products and hopefully set them up a bit better. On top of that I've added some new workers and promotions, mostly adding people I had cuts for that were not in the data. Another big update this month is the updated worker picture pack, finally got to clear my cut picture folder so everything in there is all the images I have, there is still around 1,500 workers with only placeholder images and I plan on reducing that for the next update that will be in a few months. As usual I've done the typical updates for the month and made changes that have been posted in both threads.

Enjoy

Database: August 2017 (V2)
Graphics: August 2017
Workers: August 2017

There is a small mistake with the worker picture pack where you need to rename Awesome_Kong to Amazing_Kong, I am not reuploading 72MB for one incorrect file name.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 2

Firstly thanks so much for all the work you do.I have a quick question in regards to the newest stat update. I noticed you mentioned adding new workers. I was just wondering if you happened to have a list/have a list in the file of the new workers so I can import them into my DB. Please let me now if you need any more info. Thanks again!

1 minute ago, YellowDiscipline said:

Firstly thanks so much for all the work you do.I have a quick question in regards to the newest stat update. I noticed you mentioned adding new workers. I was just wondering if you happened to have a list/have a list in the file of the new workers so I can import them into my DB. Please let me now if you need any more info. Thanks again!

Unfortunately I don't keep a list on workers added and I know a few got renamed so I wouldn't recommend importing, none of them were big names beyond a couple of the NXT rookies so you are not really missing out.

• Like 1

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic

It was pointed out on GDS thatI forgot to make the title changes in GFW, it's a minor oversight but since I want this is the first release after the big cleanup I wanted it to be sorted, I've updated the link in the main post, it just fixes the current champions in GFW.

ROH Notes

Remove Amber Gallows, Bobby Fish, Jason Kincaid, Kamaitachi, Kevin Sullivan, Michael Elgin, Mr. Anderson, Prince Nana, Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott from ROH. 

Remove Kevin Kelly and set Ian Riccaboni to their Announcer. 

Colt Cabana (Heel) should also be added and set as Color Commentator.

Add Flip Gordon (Babyface), Jay White (Babyface), Josh Woods (Babyface) & Chuck Taylor (Babyface) to ROH. Add Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka to ROH and set as a tag team titled "Tempura Boys" (Babyface). Add Leon St. Giovanni (renamed LSG) and Shaheem Ali as a babyface tag team titled "Coast 2 Coast".

Set Chuck Taylor & Beretta as "Best Friends" as a team in ROH.

Add Deonna Purrazzo (Babyface), Sumie Sakai (Babyface) and Jenny Rose (Babyface) to ROH.

He may work backstage and I am not aware, but I think Jerry Lynn should be removed from ROH as well.

The Rebellion was forced to disband so it should be set to Inactive and any teams made up of members should be disbanded as well.

A stable named "Search & Destroy" should be added to ROH consisting of Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jay White & Jonathan Gresham

NJPW Notes

Remove Alex Shelley, Bobby Fish, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kyle O'Reilly, and Takashi Iizuka from NJPW.

PWG Notes

Remove Adam Cole, Andrew Everett, Bobby Fish, Candice LeRae, Jack Evans, Joey Ryan, JT Dunn, Kyle O'Reilly, Mark Andrews & Timothy Thatcher from PWG.

Add Dezmond Xavier, Mark Haskins, Matt Riddle, Keith Lee, Hanson, Raymond Rowe, Rey Horus & Sammy Guevara to PWG. 

Add a tag team of Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb to PWG called "Chosen Bros".

GFW Notes

Remove Deonna Purrazzo, Brooke, Chris Silvio, Jon Bolen, ODB, Rachael Ellering,& Rebel from GFW. The Harris Brothers can likely be removed as well - I don't know if they are involved anymore.

EVOLVE Notes

Remove Bill Carr, Cody Rhodes, Dan Barry, David Starr, Dustin, Harlem & Lancelot Bravado, Jigsaw, Jonathan Gresham, Ricochet, Rory Gulak, and Sami Callihan. Given their NXT status Lio Rush & Kyle O'Reilly could likely be removed as well. Rush has a few dates left with them. None announced for Kyle.

Add ACH, Jason Kincaid to EVOLVE.

Darby Allin also needs to be added to the database and added to EVOLVE. He is a huge part of their overall stories. (Sorry I don't do stats - maybe someone else can). Same with Austin Theory. Then Priscilla Kelly should be added to EVOLVE as the manager of Theory.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

WWE® Reaches Broadcast Agreement with Nine Network

08/16/2017 – SYDNEY & STAMFORD, Conn.– WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced it has reached a new agreement with Nine Network to broadcast weekly one-hour versions of WWE’s flagship programs Raw® and SmackDown® in Australia on Nine Network channel 9Go!. Starting this week, 9Go! will televise a one-hour edition of Raw on Thursdays at 11 p.m. and a one-hour edition of SmackDown on Fridays immediately following the conclusion of 9Go!’s Friday Night Movie.

“We are thrilled to add another best-in-class TV partner to our roster in Australia to deliver content to our fans,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “Our partnership with Nine Network enables us to expand our reach in Australia and complements our live programming in the region.”

In addition to this new agreement with Nine Network, WWE recently announced it will extend its partnership with Foxtel to broadcast WWE programming live in Australia. Foxtel’s FOX8 televises Raw live on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and SmackDown live on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.

Additional tv deals for RAW and Smackdown in Australia. 

51 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:
  Reveal hidden contents

WWE® Reaches Broadcast Agreement with Nine Network

08/16/2017 – SYDNEY & STAMFORD, Conn.– WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced it has reached a new agreement with Nine Network to broadcast weekly one-hour versions of WWE’s flagship programs Raw® and SmackDown® in Australia on Nine Network channel 9Go!. Starting this week, 9Go! will televise a one-hour edition of Raw on Thursdays at 11 p.m. and a one-hour edition of SmackDown on Fridays immediately following the conclusion of 9Go!’s Friday Night Movie.

“We are thrilled to add another best-in-class TV partner to our roster in Australia to deliver content to our fans,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “Our partnership with Nine Network enables us to expand our reach in Australia and complements our live programming in the region.”

In addition to this new agreement with Nine Network, WWE recently announced it will extend its partnership with Foxtel to broadcast WWE programming live in Australia. Foxtel’s FOX8 televises Raw live on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and SmackDown live on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.

Additional tv deals for RAW and Smackdown in Australia. 

The key point is that it airs the edited versions of Raw and Smackdown, if it was the only deal for the region I'd let it slide till they start airing full shows but they air the full episodes live on another network, thats the main deal and that should be the one included.

I think Gedo and Jado should be removed from NOAH now since iirc Marufuji has the book now.

Add Naofumi Yamamoto to the CMLL roster as Yoshitatsu, he's currently there on an excursion.

Seiya Sanada should be removed from BJW and Wrestle-1, he hasn't wrestled in either promotion since April 2016.

Hiromu Takahashi should be removed from Lucha Libre Elite and ROH, he hasn't wrestled there as Kamaitachi since May 2016, his ROH appearances since have been under NJPW contract.

Add a stable to NJPW called "Taguchi Japan" with Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ricochet, David Finlay Jr. , KUSHIDA and Manabu Nakanishi. Probably worth making a tag team for Taguchi and Ricochet called "Funky Future" too.

Not really a major change but David Finlay Jr. goes by David Finlay in NJPW now.

Add Adam Page to NJPW as "Hangman Page" and also add Chase Owens, they're used as much as Marty Scurll is when they're on tour.

Spoiler

I don't think Katsuyori Shibata should be a Road Agent, I haven't seen any articles implying that he's working behind the scenes. I'd just put him as injured and leave the time to your discretion as he seems like he wants to return to wrestling when he's fit to do so.

It might be safe to add Kota Ibushi to NJPW under a PPA contract, looks like he might be doing an angle with Kenny Omega in the future.

spoiler tagged because of G1

Spoiler

Add Adam Cole to NXT.

That's all I could find so far that hasn't been mentioned already, hopefully my feedback helps a bit.

Edited by Remo

21 hours ago, Remo said:

I don't think Katsuyori Shibata should be a Road Agent, I haven't seen any articles implying that he's working behind the scenes. I'd just put him as injured and leave the time to your discretion as he seems like he wants to return to wrestling when he's fit to do so.

It was based on something I saw a while back where the likelihood was he would never wrestle again and would probably become a trainer in the NJPW dojo.

I'm looking into changing up the active promotions for the nest release, I'm open to ideas but these are my key focus

Closing
- Preston City Wrestling - Essentually down to their dickish actions regarding the Kris Travis memorial tournament.
- NWA Smoky Mountain - Running their final even this weekend.

Opening
- Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling - I want a canadian promotion outside Ontario and Quebec.
- Pro Wrestling EVE - The database needs an active women's focused fed.
- Revolution Pro Wrestling - Kept them out as I saw them as a spot show fed, they still are but they do run more shows than their London spot shows.
- Vendetta Pro Wrestling - Replacing NWA Smoky Mountain as an NWA territory.

Some Chikara notes, hopefully somebody like Skummy can give them a once over to see if he agrees with everything.

Add: 
Rory Gulak (face, default gimmick)

Remove:
Argus (hasn't appeared since KOT 2016)
Hype Rockwell (written off in secret season)
Jigsaw (made one appearance in 2017 on a nostalgia-based show)
Kodama (change name to Louis Valle)
Orange Cassidy (hasn't appeared since last October, might still be caught in a net)
The Swamp Monster (same as Orange)
Trent Seven (will be appearing at KOT next month but will be a one-off appearance, so either remove him and Tyler Bate this or next month)
Tyler Bate (see above)
UltraMantis Black (retirement)

Create: 
Scott Holladay -- Announcer/Color, below average announcing and color skill, 31 years old

Turn Face:
DUSTIN
Icarus (change gimmick to Avenger (Wholesome))
Mark Angelosetti
Obariyon

Turn Heel:
Race Jaxon (change gimmick to Ravishing)

Add tag team: 
Hermit Crab/Rock Lobster/Cajun Crawdad (No name for the teams, but these three team with each other fairly regularly.  Hermit Crab and Rock Lobster have teamed with each other the most, so they would have like F+/E- experience while Cajun would have F-/F with both others)

Injured:
Max Smashmaster (knee injury)

Managers:
Sydney Bakabella manages Max Smashmaster

Stables: 
Delete all except The Legion of Rot (updated roster below) and Team Big Deal
The Legion of Rot (Hallowicked, Frightmare, Kobald)
The Furies (Ophidian, Icarus, Fire Ant, Obariyon, Solo Darling, Travis Huckabee, Ashley Vox, Demi Exo)
Xyberhawx2000 (Nytehawk, Razerhawk, Sylverhawk)

Broadcasting:
Remove deal with Smark Mark Video
Ideally they'd have their own streaming service, Chikaratopia, tiny size in the US, Canada, and UK.  If they can't have that because they're too small, then I don't think they should have any broadcasting at all.

Announcers:
Mike Quackenbush and Scott Holladay
(I'd also increase Quack's announcing to above average, he is more of a straight announcer than a color commentator)

Investments
They run shows out of their dojo, The Wrestle Factory, so that should be set up with around a 200-300 capacity.

------------------------------

That's all for now!

Some GFW Updates from Destination X and the tapings this week - ill update as tapings progress. Be warned spoilers contained herein. 

Spoiler

Talent Roster

- Remove Angelina Love and Davey Richards from GFW. Set Davey Richards status to Retired Wrestler or Out of the Business. 

- Add Low Ki to LAX stable as a heel, hitman gimmick. 

- Add Dick Justice to GFW under a PPA Deal as Richard Justice. Face, Not sure what gimmick. I was looking for Fun Babyface but it no longer seems to be an available gimmick. His gimmick is basically the "Replacement Wrestler", who fills in when in needed but is totally out of shape - a comedy character basically so whatever gimmick is available that comes close. 

- Add Jim Cornette to GFW under a PPA deal. Face, Authority Figure (Wholesome) Gimmick, Authority Figure Roster Usage / Push

- Change Bruce Prichard's Alignment to Heel. He has been "fired" in storyline by Cornette but promises its not the last we have seen of him so assume he will be back onscreen soon. 

- Add Taryn Terrell to GFW under a PPA deal. Heel, Seductress Gimmick. Change her status from Out of the business to Active Wrestler again. 

- Change Caleb Konley's Alignment to Heel, Cocky gimmick. 

- Add Petey Williams to GFW under a PPA deal. Face, Old School Babyface or Showstealer gimmick. Change his status from Retired Wrestler to Active Wrestler. 

- Add Dave and Jake Crist to GFW under a PPA deal. Face, Show Stealer (Cocky).  Add a tag-team for them as OVE, same stats as OI4K in CZW. 

- Add John Hennigan to GFW under a PPA deal as Johnny Impact. Face, Rockstar (Cocky) Gimmick

- Add Taya Valkyrie  to GFW under a PPA Deal. Heel, Cocky (cocky) Gimmick

- Change Laurel Van Ness to Face alignment. 

- Add Hector Guerrero to GFW under a PPA deal. Face, Staff Member. He is to become one of the Grand Title judges. 

- Change El Hijo del Fantasma's alignment to Heel. 

- Add Pagano to GFW under PPA. Heel, Evil Incarnate (Weird) Gimmick. 

- Add El Texano Jr. to GFW under PPA as Texano. Heel, Brute Gimmick. 

Enhancement Talent

The following talents worked as Enhancement talent at the tapings, can be added under PPA deals if you see fit.

- Jason Cade and Zachary Wentz

- The Heatseekers (Eliot Russell & Matt Sigmon)

- Jon Bolen

Titles

- Add the Super X Cup as an Annual tournament title. The 2017 winner is Dezmond Xavier.

- Remove the old GFW titles with the exception of the NeXGen title (set that as retired for now, Jarrett indicated there may be some activity with that title in the fall), it appears they are recognising the former TNA title histories following unification so TNA titles can just be renamed and pictures updated.

- Rename the TNA World Heavyweight Championship to GFW Global Championship. Add a title history entry for Alberto El Patron being stripped/title declared vacant. Add Current champion as Eli Drake. 

- Rename the TNA X Division Championship to GFW X Division Championship. Current Champion is still Sonjay Dutt. 

- Impact Grand Championship remains the same. Remove the "TNA" prefix just. Current Champion is EC3.

- Rename the TNA World Tag-Team Championships to GFW World Tag-Team Championships. Current Champions are still LAX (Ortiz and Santana.)

- Rename the TNA Knockouts Championship to GFW Knockouts Championship. Current Champion is Sienna. 

Also pictures of the new Title belts if someone is willing and able to cut them onto the grey background for next months update:

35 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Some GFW Updates from Destination X and the tapings this week - ill update as tapings progress. Be warned spoilers contained herein. 

Hide contents

Talent Roster

- Remove Angelina Love and Davey Richards from GFW. Set Davey Richards status to Retired Wrestler or Out of the Business. 

- Add Dick Justice to GFW under a PPA Deal as Richard Justice. Face, Not sure what gimmick. I was looking for Fun Babyface but it no longer seems to be an available gimmick. His gimmick is basically the "Replacement Wrestler", who fills in when in needed but is totally out of shape - a comedy character basically so whatever gimmick is available that comes close. 

Titles

- Remove the old GFW titles with the exception of the NeXGen title (set that as retired for now, Jarrett indicated there may be some activity with that title in the fall), it appears they are recognising the former TNA title histories following unification so TNA titles can just be renamed and pictures updated.

- Rename the TNA World Heavyweight Championship to GFW Global Championship. Add a title history entry for Alberto El Patron being stripped/title declared vacant. Add Current champion as Eli Drake. 

- Rename the TNA X Division Championship to GFW X Division Championship. Current Champion is still Sonjay Dutt. 

- Impact Grand Championship remains the same. Remove the "TNA" prefix just. Current Champion is EC3.

- Rename the TNA World Tag-Team Championships to GFW World Tag-Team Championships. Current Champions are still LAX (Ortiz and Santana.)

- Rename the TNA Knockouts Championship to GFW Knockouts Championship. Current Champion is Sienna.

Spoiler

Davey Richards is not retired

The fun babyface gimmick was converted into the "Comic Relif" gimmick, sounds like the best option would be Comic relif (Wholesome).

I'm not removing the old GFW titles because that would remove their histories, they will be set as retired, also the Nex*Gen title is still in their alliance since Cody has it and I havent heard they have stripped him...yet.

Are you using the recent data, all the TNA title have been renamed as GFW titles although the ones that were unified at the PPV state they were unified, I guess they are now no longer refered to as "unified" then.

Spoiler

Add Taiji Ishimori under the name Ishimori as a babyface with the Foreign Star gimmick

Add Pagano as a heel with the Weirdo gimmick

Add El Hijo del Fantasma as a heel

Add Taya as a heel

Add John Hennigan under the name Johnny Impact as a babyface

Add Dave and Jake Crist under the team name oVe

Add Petey Williams as  babyface

Rosemary is now a babyface

Add Jim Cornette as a babyface

Add Taryn Terrell as a heel

Add El Texano Jr. as a heel

EC3 is now a babyface

Eli Drake is the new GFW World Champion

Hania the Howling Huntress and Kiera Hogan have signed, but are yet to debut

Add Davey Richards to EVOLVE. 

Some Spoilers from GFW Tapings

Edited by Y2JFan111

Good news

I have removed one of the cheaty ways to gain international pop by using the internet broadcasters, rather than have them broadcast worldwide, I've split them up for each region meaning they can still be used to boost pop but you won't be able to use it to boost in a foreign region. Plus they were limited by the amount of companies that could sign with them, the new method will allow more promotions to use them.

On 18/08/2017 at 17:40, TheWho87 said:

Closing
- NWA Smoky Mountain - Running their final even this weekend.

Opening
- Vendetta Pro Wrestling - Replacing NWA Smoky Mountain as an NWA territory.

A little update on this situation, from some of the stuff I've been reading Billy Corgan is not renewing any NWA affiliates when their contracts with the NWA end, this leads to a couple of options

1) Keep updating the active NWA promotion when one leaves the NWA, I'd rather not do this.
2) Leave it as it is and rebrand NWA Smoky Mountain to it's new name (Innovate Pro Wrestling) and keep them as an NWA territory till Corgan does something with the NWA
3) Just forget about having an NWA alliance completly and wait for what ever Cogan plans to do with it.

At the moment I'm going to stick with option 2, so for September NWA Smoky Mountain will become Innovate Pro Wrestling and be in the NWA, I don't see the point in closign and opening promotions just for the NWA.

Just a note that I've updated most of whats been posted, I've also closed PCW and activated Crash. EVE and RevPro, I'm going to hold off on the NWA promotion switch as they are all going to leave eventually.

I've also made a drastic change regarding global broadcasters, in short for every broadcaster not owned by a promotion I've split them up by region so that they will only offer coverage in one region rather than all seven and cuts down on a cheaty way to gain quick global popularity, plus it means more feds can use these broadcasters since they are limited to the amount of promotions they can have deals with.

I'll likely release it a little early, maybe Wednesday, since I'm busy Thursday and Friday.

Edited by TheWho87