2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

I think of all possible backups to have Nick Foles is the best one you could have. He would have been a starter on a number of cellar dwellers this year and while his game isn't as great as Wentz's with all the talent around him he still should get stuff done. He was extremely bad that year in St. Louis but that might be due to Jeff Fisher sucking all things good away from the players he coaches. Basically I'm not ruling the Eagles out this year. NFC has a ton of depth so this probably means they don't make it out of that conference, but I don't think they're gonna lose out the rest of the year with Foles.

I knew Ravens were just teasing me last night. Ben to Brown is just an incredible combination and with no Jimmy Smith to play tight on Brown there was no chance we had of stopping him. That said Humphrey did play extremely well last night, and helped force Ben to make so many short dink-and-dunk passes. Ravens also neutralized the running game pretty early. Just nothing you can do though, Brown is too good and if he catches in the open field he's gonna make people miss. I feel pretty good about this Ravens team should they make the playoffs though, a lot improves every week.

With Wentz out for the season I think Antonio Brown has to be the MVP pick. The voters would probably want to give it to Ben instead but Ben's the QB he is because has a once-in-a-generation player as number 1 WR.

https://deadspin.com/nfl-network-suspends-marshall-faulk-ike-taylor-heath-1821206708

NFL Network has suspended Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans while investigating claims of sexual harassment from a lawsuit filed by one of their former colleagues.

Jami Cantor, who worked as a wardrobe stylist for NFL Network, filed a wrongful termination suit against NFL Enterprises in Los Angeles Superior Court back in October. As first reported by Bloomberg, she described incidents of harassment by the three retired players, as well as Eric Weinberger, a former network executive producer and current president of Bill Simmons Media Group.

In the suit, Cantor claims that Faulk groped her breasts and behind and asked “deeply personal and invasive questions” about her sex life. She said that both Taylor and Weinberger sent her inappropriate pictures, with Taylor additionally sending her a video of him masturbating in the shower. Cantor also noted that Weinberger said on one occasion that she was “put on earth to pleasure me” and pressed his crotch against her, asking her to touch it. She also described receiving explicit texts from former NFL Network analyst Donovan McNabb, who currently appears on ESPN.

The network has suspended the three former players. Bill Simmons could not be reached for comment by Bloomberg regarding Weinberger’s role in his company.

13 hours ago, Linukkah said:

Torn ACL confirmed for Wentz. 

tenor.gif

But yea, for real I'm gonna have faith in Foles.  He never really played terrible for us before we traded him away, and you can't blame him for doing terrible for the Rams, where Jeff Fisher probably gave him up as a sacrifice to The God of 7-9.

• Like 2

Apparently Jacksonville offered him a contract and he turned them down to go to New England. Which is weird because the Jags receiving corps suddenly looks elite (which part of that team doesn't look elite though). I guess he would realized he'd be the 4th WR there whereas in NE he probably slots in as the 3rd.

14 hours ago, damshow said:

Apparently Jacksonville offered him a contract and he turned them down to go to New England. Which is weird because the Jags receiving corps suddenly looks elite (which part of that team doesn't look elite though). I guess he would realized he'd be the 4th WR there whereas in NE he probably slots in as the 3rd.

I'm fairly certain Kenny decided he'd rather play with Tom Brady than Blake Bortles.  Looking at who he has had as a QB during his carer, I can't blame him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busch E said:

I just saw the opening to a headline, "Roger Goodell to retire" and got excited.  But then the page loaded and it was "Roger Goodell to retire at end of his new contract" which runs through the 2023 season.

Saw the same headline. Got a notification a few minutes later from The Score saying Goodell hasn't even thought about it yet. So who knows?

19 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

@Meacon I picked up your boys on Defense to face DMN in Fantasy. How they going to do for me?

Well we shut out the Jets last week. But they’re the Jets.

Honestly they’re one extreme or the other; the may shut the Colts down completely and force four turnovers. Or they’ll make Brisset look like Tom Brady. I’m leaning toward the former but the latter wouldn’t surprise me anymore.

New Browns GM says anything but a division title next year is unacceptable.

Let us keep in mind the Browns have won ONE GAME since last season, and have a grand total of 4 wins since 2015.

John Dorsey, prepare to deal with the unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2