2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

I'm still a bit shocked by the Zeke suspension. It feels like the least amount of punishment someone should get when it's proved but it seems like this wasn't proven. I mean he might have done it I don't really know but it screams the NFL making up for fucking up every single other Domestic Violence case they've had

14 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm still a bit shocked by the Zeke suspension. It feels like the least amount of punishment someone should get when it's proved but it seems like this wasn't proven. I mean he might have done it I don't really know but it screams the NFL making up for fucking up every single other Domestic Violence case they've had

The legacy of the Ray Rice fuckup lives on.

26 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

What has she actually said? I try not to follow these cases honestly

There were allegedly multiple instances of abuse during the course of a few days, to which there are no witnesses, except for the final one.  In that one, the victim alleged Elliot pulled her out of a car and hit her.  Her friend told police, with text message evidence, that she asked her to lie to the police and say she saw Zeke abusing her.  There's also multiple witnesses claiming she was in a bar fight that night, and that's where her injuries came from and Zeke wasn't even there.  There's also witnesses who claim to have heard her telling Elliot that she's going to call the police and ruin his career.

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

There were allegedly multiple instances of abuse during the course of a few days, to which there are no witnesses, except for the final one.  In that one, the victim alleged Elliot pulled her out of a car and hit her.  Her friend told police, with text message evidence, that she asked her to lie to the police and say she saw Zeke abusing her.  There's also multiple witnesses claiming she was in a bar fight that night, and that's where her injuries came from and Zeke wasn't even there.  There's also witnesses who claim to have heard her telling Elliot that she's going to call the police and ruin his career.

Ok so yeah that seems pretty damning there. It doesn't absolve him from the other possible incidents. It casts doubt on them but it doesn't mean he is innocent.

6 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Ok so yeah that seems pretty damning there. It doesn't absolve him from the other possible incidents. It casts doubt on them but it doesn't mean he is innocent.

Yeah, and if anyone was wondering why they never pursued charges against him, it's because their one witness destroyed her own credibility by trying to get people to lie for her.  I would say it should have created enough reasonable doubt to keep them from actually giving him a full 6 game suspension.  Considering Josh Brown got one game for a series of events he admitted to doing, this doesn't make any sense.  Zeke's team has issued a statement claiming the NFL is cherry picking evidence and reporting things inaccurately.

Just now, Maxx said:

I would say it should have created enough reasonable doubt to keep them from actually giving him a full 6 game suspension.  Considering Josh Brown got one game for a series of events he admitted to doing, this doesn't make any sense.  Zeke's team has issued a statement claiming the NFL is cherry picking evidence and reporting things inaccurately.

I for sure agree with you. I don't want it to feel like I don't and I'm just saying damn him or whatever. I'm just saying I'm seeing stuff saying oh he is for sure innocent and I don't buy that at all

39 minutes ago, munky said:

The legacy of the Ray Rice fuckup lives on.

Pretty much, yeah. It's the NFL's way of padding it so that it looks harsh so if a video comes out after the fact it can be said that they came down on them pretty hard and negate the calls for them to suspend the player again for the same transgression like they did with Rice. 

Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and say oh 100% Zeke is innocent, its entirely possible there were legitimate incidents.  I just don't think the NFL is actually taking into account everything that occurred and is instead arbitrarily cutting out the final incident where she gives credence to the idea that she was trying to set him up.  They're basically like "Well on these three days she alleges you hit her, there's not enough evidence to the contrary and you aren't providing any other compelling reasons as to where her injuries came from...so you're suspended.   Oh, and we're ignoring that final day where she tries to get people to lie about you assaulting her, made up a story people are disputing and made threats about trying to ruin your career, we've decided that shouldn't be taken into account"

• Lineker pinned, featured and unpinned this topic

From 2nd round pick to released