2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Boy there are some depressing 4 PM Eastern time slots this year.  Week 1 it's always an issue because CBS has the US Open in the late slot and you lose an extra game to the double header on MNF.  Next week the late slot seems pretty good.  But once bye weeks start it gets ugly, often times only three games a week with only one appealing game in the bunch.

Unfortunately it's all very deliberate.  The networks hate RedZone because there are no ads - so the agreement is to load up 1 PM and put all the late afternoon focus on the 4:25 PM marquee game of the week.  But man were the first year or two of RedZone fun when there were never fewer than five games on in the late afternoon including multiple good ones.

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Falcons got lucky! Bellamy was held in the end zone with no call and Howard dropped a TD. We didn't win but I feel way good about the team this year

Yeah, we managed to go toe-to-toe with the reigning NFC champions with almost zero offense outside of two running backs.

If Marcus Wheaton brings anything to the table as a WR then it could be a fun season.

And as I type this I've just learned Kevin White is heading to IR again with a broken collarbone. I think I'm ready to label him a bust.

I'm not even sure how much of a difference Beckham would make tonight with how scared Eli is playing.  There's a chance he could've taken one of these crap 3 yard passes and turned it into a huge gain but maybe not.

I'm watching at my dad's. Was planning on watching the whole thing here but I may duck out if the Giants don't score some points fairly quickly.