2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

But wounded prey is a good target for a lion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The performance of the Giants "offense" tonight.....I'd normally call it a disaster but given everything going on in the world right now the word disaster probably shouldn't be used to describe sport even when it's intentional hyperbole.

I'm struggling to take any positives out of tonight at all.  I guess surrendering fewer than 20 points is good in today's NFL, but even still they gave up nearly 400 yards.  And offensively, the score speaks for itself.  Even with a healthy Beckham they wouldn't have been able to do anything offensively with how bad Eli and the line looked.  Bobby Hart looking terrible days after his idiotic comment about being the best RT in the NFL was predictable.  And Weston Richburg/John Jerry still can't run block for shit.  I hope Brett Jones eventually gets a look over Jerry at RG.

All told, it's only one game and I didn't think they'd beat Dallas twice again this year.  Losing this one doesn't bother me, but the way they lost certainly does.

Was arguing with a friend of mine about Washington going 2-14.  Me, the Eagles fan, was trying to convince him, the Washington fan, that they'd be better then 2-14

Yea I was telling him probably 7-9...he was saying

Lose to Rams

Lose to Raiders

Lose to KC

Win against 49ers

Lose to Philly again

Lose to Dallas

Lose to Seattle

Maybe Beat Minnesota

Lose to Nawlins

Lose to Giants

Lose to Dallas again

Maybe beat the Chargers

Lose to Arizona

Lose to DEnver

Lose to Giants again

This is a damn fascinating video

• Like 3

No way are Washington 2-14 bad.  That being said, it's not unusual for people to overreact to week 1 as though it's indicative of the whole season.  One stop on the Giants message board and I've already seen people throwing in the towel figuring if they looked that bad against Dallas' defense there's no way they can possibly hang in their matchups this year with teams like Seattle or the AFC West.

I'm about as pessimistic as it gets with sports (well, in everything......it's a mental issue I have that extends well beyond sports), but I'm not suddenly gonna downgrade a team from the 10 or 11 wins I thought it could get to like 4 or 5 wins based on one clunker of a performance.  It happens.

• Like 1

Okay - so I want to watch more football this year. Instead of just jumping right in, I think I need to pick a team, and try to follow them. I really don't want to pick a team like the Patriots or the Seahawks. I've also always kind of loved that out of my group of friends, everyone follows a different team. So there are a few that I don't want to follow to keep up that trend: Titans, Rams, Vikings, 49ers and the Seahawks.

Thought I might be a Bears fan for a while since Cutler was there and he's also living with type 1. I know he's moved to the Dolphins, but not sure I want to be a Dolphin's fan. Any reccomendations?

41 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Okay - so I want to watch more football this year. Instead of just jumping right in, I think I need to pick a team, and try to follow them. I really don't want to pick a team like the Patriots or the Seahawks. I've also always kind of loved that out of my group of friends, everyone follows a different team. So there are a few that I don't want to follow to keep up that trend: Titans, Rams, Vikings, 49ers and the Seahawks.

Thought I might be a Bears fan for a while since Cutler was there and he's also living with type 1. I know he's moved to the Dolphins, but not sure I want to be a Dolphin's fan. Any reccomendations?

Ravens. Always the Ravens.

• Like 1

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Someone nobody else on here follows. Chiefs?  

*ducks from Meacon*

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Not even kidding with this, but why not join me with the Cardinals? You already have friends supporting each of our divisional rivals, and no one can ever claim we're one of the mighty bunch like the Pats, Cowboys or Packers.