2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Houston's TEs are all injured, I believe. Plus they're without LB Brian Cushing, because he's been suspended 10 games for a second PED violation.

I read an article on Yahoo Sports yesterday (I was on there checking scores, and I usually only read their articles if I need a good laugh) where the writer said the only two teams that need Kaepernick are the Colts and Jets. 

I'm struggling to think of very many compelling Thursday games over the years, in fact most of them are terrible.  Football just isn't meant to be played on such short rest.

The Thursday night season opener can stay.  I like the defending champs getting to host the first game of the season and it gives them one last chance to do whatever ceremonies they want to before the page officially turns to the next season.  It's a tradition I'd be happy to keep around especially since you don't have the issue with guys playing on short rest beforehand.

And of course Thanksgiving will stay.  The Lions and Cowboys playing are a staple and even if the games suck, it's fun to have on in the background while you're waiting to eat.  I'll even indulge the NFL and say the third Thanksgiving night game can stay too to make it a triple header.

That's it.  Four Thursday games a season.  Nothing more is needed.  Move the rest to Sunday where those games would have a better chance of being watchable.

4 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

I'm struggling to think of very many compelling Thursday games over the years, in fact most of them are terrible.  Football just isn't meant to be played on such short rest.

The Thursday night season opener can stay.  I like the defending champs getting to host the first game of the season and it gives them one last chance to do whatever ceremonies they want to before the page officially turns to the next season.  It's a tradition I'd be happy to keep around especially since you don't have the issue with guys playing on short rest beforehand.

And of course Thanksgiving will stay.  The Lions and Cowboys playing are a staple and even if the games suck, it's fun to have on in the background while you're waiting to eat.  I'll even indulge the NFL and say the third Thanksgiving night game can stay too to make it a triple header.

That's it.  Four Thursday games a season.  Nothing more is needed.  Move the rest to Sunday where those games would have a better chance of being watchable.

That would be nice, but they're not going anywhere. The stations are paying the NFL a crapton to have those games on Thursday, and the NFL doesn't believe in overexposure. 

Especially now that streaming platforms are getting in on the rights to these games. There's still so much money out there for the NFL. 

22 minutes ago, Lineker said:

So you're not going to watch Rams @ 49ers next week?

Y'all gonna miss a modern day classic (H)

• Like 1