2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

26 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

You guys are haters :P 

It's not just Brady that does it. Any time a quarterback has a fit about not getting a flag annoys me. You're playing football. You're going to get hit. It's just that Brady does it literally every time he's touched. 

53 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It's not just Brady that does it. Any time a quarterback has a fit about not getting a flag annoys me. You're playing football. You're going to get hit. It's just that Brady does it literally every time he's touched. 

If Brady played in the old days when the QBs weren't protected so much, hed have had a REALLY short career. Just imagine someone like Dick Butkus or Deacon Jones hitting him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Wow @Meacon didn't know the Broncos were a bunch of cheaters.  Using thunderstorms to kill our momentum?  Ya'll should be ashamed.

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Baby. 

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Wow @Meacon didn't know the Broncos were a bunch of cheaters.  Using thunderstorms to kill our momentum?  Ya'll should be ashamed.

Actually I take that back, because now we're subjecting 75% of the country to the Redskins/Rams. :puke:

30 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

If Brady played in the old days when the QBs weren't protected so much, hed have had a REALLY short career. Just imagine someone like Dick Butkus or Deacon Jones hitting him.

Bullshit, if Ken Stabler and gimpy kneed fucking Joe Namath survived, I'm sure the greatest QB (of his generation) could as well.

There's no gimmick or system to Brady, he's just really fucking good at pretty much everything it takes to QB.

I feel dirty now.

• Like 3

I too hate Brady's tendency to moan for flags.  It's one of my biggest pet peeves in sports that the star players often get favorable calls.

The NBA has a huge problem with it with phantom fouls all the time going in favor of the star players.  Has the ability to totally suck away any enjoyment late in games.

I'm all for the NHL doing what it can to protect players but Sidney Crosby's concussion history is so well publicized that a lot of guys are afraid to even give him a standard, legal hockey check because it could draw a penalty that the same hit on another player wouldn't.

Baseball's equivalent would be the elite level pitchers getting the benefit of the doubt on anything close to the strike zone.

Basically, the great players are already great.  They don't need even more help from the officials.

• Like 1