Sign in to follow this  
Maxx

2017 NFL Season Thread

Meacon    18,142

I wish they had show the replays the last two plays of Giants/Eagles. The clock mysteriously stopped a little too soon after each play. I don't think there should've been a second left to kick that. Either way. Phuck Philly 

Chris2K    3,699

Maybe it's karma for not getting involved in the Trump stuff, but losing to Mike Glennon's Bears is just awful. No offence Srar.

Alex.    869

Honestly im not surprised anymore. giants always disappoint .. they had a huge weakness last year and did next to nothing to correct it. 

Buschy Heenan    5,839

The Mets season ended April 30th and the Giants season ended in Week 3.  I've been through years where both teams sucked but never a year where both teams had reason to believe they could contend only to have those hopes dashed in record time.

People ask me all the time why I get so stressed out over sports, and they can't wrap their heads around the fact that watching sports is my biggest passion and #1 hobby, and have suggested that I find a new one.

They're right.  I struggle with anxiety and depression and no matter how much I know logically that sports should never be anything more than a fun diversion from the world, it's pretty much impossible for me to not feel like the world is ending in the moment.  Especially since I really don't have many other passions in life.

The good thing is I don't have to be stressed out when I watch the rest of this year, or until next April really.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find another hobby to focus my mind on so I can stop taking sports so damn seriously.

Sorry to get all schmaltzy here.  Love you all.  :wub:

Lineker    30,385

Least you're not a Jets fan!

• Like 2

Pooker    94

Aaron Rodgers just threw a pick six...its only the second one of his career.

JPanare89    48

That was probably the best slate of 1:00 o'clock games we will see all year....while the results were tough to swallow, especially that Patriots win.

Jets manhandling the Dolphins is OK with me if we only win 1 or 2 more games...but with Jacksonville at home and Cleveland on the road this Jet team might be 3-2 going into Week 6...and that's not something I'm happy about.

Alex.    869
12 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

The Mets season ended April 30th and the Giants season ended in Week 3.  I've been through years where both teams sucked but never a year where both teams had reason to believe they could contend only to have those hopes dashed in record time.

People ask me all the time why I get so stressed out over sports, and they can't wrap their heads around the fact that watching sports is my biggest passion and #1 hobby, and have suggested that I find a new one.

They're right.  I struggle with anxiety and depression and no matter how much I know logically that sports should never be anything more than a fun diversion from the world, it's pretty much impossible for me to not feel like the world is ending in the moment.  Especially since I really don't have many other passions in life.

The good thing is I don't have to be stressed out when I watch the rest of this year, or until next April really.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to find another hobby to focus my mind on so I can stop taking sports so damn seriously.

I love my teams don't get me wrong but I'll be pissed off about it and than just move on lol. I'm already over the Giants loss and its been an hour or so. Now there are some losses that will sting for a long ass time no matter what (think the Miracle at the New Meadowlands) but at this point the season is over and you can sit back and laugh at the stupid Eli face or Ben MacAdipshits haircut. 

Giants may suck, but can always root for another team in the season. I root for the Raidahs success. :P 

Meacon    18,142

I doubt you're the only person getting screwed over by Green Bay in the suicide pools this week. I don't think anybody saw this coming. 

JPanare89    48
41 minutes ago, Buschy Heenan said:

Yea, but you can take some solace in seeing a couple Super Bowls!  At least you're not a Mets-Jets fan.  I have several friends (almost 30 years old) who love the Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers...and with exception to the Rangers winning when they were like 5 or 6 years old...they haven't seen any championships.  It's sad.

VerBlood Drive    7,927
12 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I doubt you're the only person getting screwed over by Green Bay in the suicide pools this week. I don't think anybody saw this coming. 

It is about the only thing that can take the sting out of that Lions loss. 

God damn that's gonna stick in my craw.

Meacon    18,142

Romo really is a natural at this. I'm struggling to think of the last player-turned-analyst that I've enjoyed as much as him. 

• Like 1

Alex.    869
Just now, Meacon said:

Romo really is a natural at this. I'm struggling to think of the last player-turned-analyst that I've enjoyed as much as him. 

Oooh ooh! Cris Collinsworth duh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pooker    94

Packers looking totally different in this half so far.

I really have been impressed with Romo so far. He's awesome at this.

Adam    4,898
1 hour ago, Buschy Heenan said:

I feel exactly the same when it comes to sports, indeed your comment on it in relation to anxiety and depression is spot on for something I've said and thought many times.

VerBlood Drive    7,927

Ah hell. This lost sucked. I know everything was properly interpreted at the end of the Lions game but it still stings. This felt to me, like a chance at winning a game and showing the NFL we're serious. Instead it ends in Lions esque fashion. 

On the other hand, 2-1 with a down to the wire loss to Atlanta isn't a horrible way to start. We picked Ryan off three times, keep that shit up all year and we will win some games.

Meacon    18,142

The NFC North is going to be one of the most fun divisions to watch, because it could legit be Minnesota, Green Bay, or Detroit winning it. It'll be a battle that'll come down to the last weeks of the season, that's fo' sho'. 

Carr just lollipopped an interception. :lol: 

Lint    10,148
1 hour ago, Meacon said:

The NFC North is going to be one of the most fun divisions to watch, because it could legit be Minnesota, Green Bay, or Detroit winning it. It'll be a battle that'll come down to the last weeks of the season, that's fo' sho'. 

Carr just lollipopped an interception. :lol: 

He...what?

Meacon    18,142
12 minutes ago, Lint said:

He...what?

Very first pass of the night he more or less threw the ball straight up in the air for an interception. There was no umph to it at all.

damshow    8,893

The game sucked but I was glad to see Ravens players kneeling and protesting. I am excited to see which 8 people will never watch the team again and the rest of the motherfuckers who are bluffing about their "boycott".

Anyway players didn't have to stand for the anthem until 2009 as part of government-sanctioned propaganda more or less. So glad those chickens came home to roost this weekend.

• Like 3

Buschy Heenan    5,839
45 minutes ago, damshow said:

I am excited to see which 8 people will never watch the team again and the rest of the motherfuckers who are bluffing about their "boycott".

It's already started.  I've gone to the Twitter accounts of so many people who yesterday said they'd never watch their team again if a player took a knee and now today it's "If they let them kneel again next week I'm done forever!"