2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Are you drinking actual beer, or beer flavored water (aka light beer), though?

I'm not watching the game, but I did pick the Lions to win. Reminds me I need to go look up how I've done so far this week. I know for sure I picked 3 games wrong.

• Admin
5 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Miami is the last team that should sign Kaepernick, even if all their QBs were injured. He once praised Fidel Castro, so the fans there would probably eat him alive.

I think a team will eventually sign him, but right now he still brings too much baggage for most teams to deal with. Baltimore would have been a good place for him, if his girlfriend hadn't acted like an idiot. 

I do not agree with that Yahoo article I mentioned that said the only two teams that could use him are the Colts and Jets, but I do think the Jets are a team that should be giving him a look.

No.

• Like 2

The whole Kaepernick's girlfriend said stupid shit thing seems like such a cop-out from the Ravens. It's more like "We have one of the largest African-American fanbases in the league and we wanted to not look like we were blackballing him but still needed a good excuse not to sign him".  Greg Roman is here and I do think he along with John Harbaugh really did want to bring him on board, but can't trust a bunch of rich white guys in suits to have the same sentiment. I'm just super cynical about these billionaire owners, every last one of them are pieces of shit. Except Mark Davis, his hair is great.

Kaepernick would have been a great backup, and hell with how shitty Flacco has looked throwing anything beyond 10 yards so far he could have been a viable starter for this team. But we didn't need him in the same way Jacksonville, Indianapolis, NY Jets, or even Chicago needed him. Miami was out of the question when Tannehill went down regardless of his comments about Fidel Castro. Cutler and Gase have history together, you can't really say that Gase should have turned to someone he hadn't coached before. If the league cared about teams not tanking they would have all but forced the Jets to sign Kaepernick. Instead the NFL is dealing with the reckoning of the 2017 tankapalooza where no less than 6 teams are actively trying to be bad this year. And then a handful of others will just happen to be bad. I can't think of a year with this many bad teams before. 2011 was Suck for Luck and even then the Colts weren't trying to tank until maybe real late in the year.

• Like 3

Oh it most certainly does suck.  I mostly agree with him, I just thought it was too funny to not post.  I mentioned it a couple of pages ago but Pro Football Focus just seems like a total joke, especially with grading offensive lines.  If you don't know the blocking assignments, you can't put a grade on how somebody actually did.

I don't really see any reason to be optimistic that the Giants' miserable offensive line can hold up against the Eagles' front seven this week.  That's particularly bad news because an 0-3 start all but assures no playoffs unless the rest of the division totally fucks it.

I want nothing more than a Giants win, because around here it's accepted as a victory already. Like I don't think anyone around here can even comprehend the possibility of losing this week, which means they'll all be lighting themselves on fire if the Giants did pull this one off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can confirm.   Have jerry can and lighter on standby

• Haha 1

Sam Bradford, the living IR slot that occasionally plays a few games as a QB, is out again this week and has to go get a second opinion on his knee injuries.