2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Since we're talking about the Giants game - I think Ereck Flowers could single-handedly derail the Giants' entire season.  He's that bad.

Generally I don't care about preseason aside from getting everyone to Week 1 healthy, but with a guy like Flowers it's just different.  Reese stood up for him this offseason and said that Flowers was going to work his ass off all summer to improve for 2017.  He refused to bring in another tackle and even consider the possibility that the #9 pick from two years ago is just vastly overmatched at this level.

And yet there Flowers is, still with the same horrible footwork he's had since his rookie year.  Still dropping his head and flailing his arms the second he senses he's going to get beat.  Still having no choice but to blatantly hold the defender who blew past him or else risk Eli getting killed.  And that's not even factoring the daily practice videos beat reporters are posting of Flowers getting just eviscerated by Olivier Vernon over and over again.

TBF, being happy Zeke got suspended getting the cops called on him multiple times by his girlfriend and yanking a girls top down at a party is very different to being happy a player is injured.

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone Cowboys player or otherwise. I don't know if he deserves his suspension but if Zeke is gonna act like an idiot man-child in his off-time then yeah, I'm grateful he won't be playing! Odell will be fine though, I still see him seeing the field week 1. His loss won't be as catastrophic as it would have been last year with Marshall and Engram on board.

OBJ gets way too much hate though. Guy nearly blew out his knee and everyone is busy calling him a diva.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

I'm officially hitting the panic button in regards to Joe Flacco's back. Nobody is giving a clear indication as to when he'll be back.

Karma for not bringing in Kaepernick as a backup.

I knew the 4000 yard season would come with a catch :(

• Admin

You know what we haven't done yet? 

Superbowl Champions: 
AFC Champions:
NFC Champions:
OPOY:
DPOY:
OROTY:
DROTY:
#1 Pick 2018 Draft:

Here's mine:

Superbowl Champions: New England Patriots
AFC Champions: New England Patriots
NFC Champions: Seattle Seahawks
OPOY: David Johnson
DPOY: Joey Bosa
OROTY: Christian McCaffrey 
DROTY: TJ Watt
#1 Pick 2018 Draft: New York Jets

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

You know what we haven't done yet? 

Super Bowl Champions: New England (ugh)

AFC Champions: New England

NFC Champions: Green Bay

OPOY: Thomas Brady (hopefully he'll just retire)

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Toss-up between Fournette and McCaffery. I'll say Fournette

DROTY: Jaylon Smith. If you want a rookie from 2017 NFL Draft, Myles Garrett.

#1 Pick of 2018: Either Chicago or Buffalo. If Buffalo gets the pick, it'll be Sam Darnold going #1. If Chicago gets it, I'm assuming they won't give up on Trubsiky after one year and will go defense or trade it for a king's ransom to Buffalo so they can get the franchise QB they desire (still Darnold). 

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

Super Bowl Champions: New England (ugh)

AFC Champions: New England

NFC Champions: Green Bay

OPOY: Thomas Brady (hopefully he'll just retire)

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROTY: Toss-up between Fournette and McCaffery. I'll say Fournette

DROTY: Jaylon Smith. If you want a rookie from 2017 NFL Draft, Myles Garrett.

#1 Pick of 2018: Either Chicago or Buffalo. If Buffalo gets the pick, it'll be Sam Darnold going #1. If Chicago gets it, I'm assuming they won't give up on Trubsiky after one year and will go defense or trade it for a king's ransom to Buffalo so they can get the franchise QB they desire (still Darnold). 

Are the Jets just so bad that you forgot about them entirely?  Or do you think what they're passing off as an offense is going to get them wins?

If the Spanos family hadn't already proven what tremendous pieces of shit they were....the Chargers equipment manager of 39 years has been fired, after he sold his home in San Diego and relocated with the team to LA.

On 8/11/2017 at 12:17, Maxx said:

Breaking News: Fuck Roger Goodell

Breaking New: Fuck Harold Henderson too

With the appeal hearing in Ezekiel Elliott‘s case coming on Tuesday, arbitrator Harold Henderson has issued key rulings regarding the contours of the process.

Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify. Henderson also has denied requests for notes or transcripts of meetings with Thompson.

Instead, Henderson has required only that Kia Roberts, who was involved in the investigation on the league’s behalf, be available to testify.

And so Elliott will have had no chance to question the key witness in the case, she will have never been placed under oath, and her credibility will have never been tested by either of the people making the key decisions in the case — Henderson now or Commissioner Roger Goodell previously.

None of this excuses domestic violence. But if the NFL is going to have its own in-house justice system aimed at investigating and prosecuting domestic violence, the NFL must have reasonable safeguards in place to ensure that the player has a fair opportunity to defend himself against these charges. Absent those protection, a very real risk of players facing false charges will emerge.

How nice of the NFL to openly flaunt how much of a sham this entire thing is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think Rosen has the talent to be a Top-10 pick. I worry that him speaking out against the NCAA (though I agree with him 110%) may hurt his draft stock next April. The NCAA and NFL bigwigs don't like guys that speak out about the way they (players) get treated. He could throw 30 touchdowns and 4 picks this year, but I can almost guarantee a "uncoachable" or "poor attitude" story will be the bigger story for the guy. Which is a shame, because like I said, I think he's absolutely right in what he's saying. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I think Rosen has the talent to be a Top-10 pick. I worry that him speaking out against the NCAA (though I agree with him 110%) may hurt his draft stock next April. The NCAA and NFL bigwigs don't like guys that speak out about the way they (players) get treated. He could throw 30 touchdowns and 4 picks this year, but I can almost guarantee a "uncoachable" or "poor attitude" story will be the bigger story for the guy. Which is a shame, because like I said, I think he's absolutely right in what he's saying. 

You mean "character issues"

Superbowl Champions: Dallas Cowboys
AFC Champions: Cleveland Browns
NFC Champions: Dallas Cowboys
OPOY: Dak Prescott
DPOY: Jaylon Smith
OROTY: Ryan Switzer
DROTY: Taco Charlton
#1 Pick 2018 Draft: Dallas Cowboys

Nailed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3