The card game thread

=BK=

Does YGOPro let you select formats then? Because if there's generational formats I might be able to find a fun little place to play.

On 9/10/2017 at 05:18, =BK= said:

Man, I've been watching some videos on the modern game and YGO just does not look fun anymore. Waaaaay too much added that changes the base game. It almost makes me want to seek out a new TCG that has yet to be tainted by "pro' players, stat nerds and power-creep.

So basically, a TCG still in it's first edition then.

SO, I found some of my old cards today. Decided to draw some hands for fun

Hand 1: Blackland  Fire Dragon, Hitotsu-Me Giant, Hitotsu-Me Giant, Jigen Bakudan and Cold Wave

Hand 2: Dragon Zombie, Giant Axe Mummy,  Mother Grizzly, Hungry Burger and Man-Eater Bug

Hand 3:Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress, Skull Mariner, Poison Mummy, Summoned Skull and Red-Eyes Black Dragon.

13 hours ago, Jericode said:

Damn, some of those must be ancient, I'm sure most of those are from the original few sets.

Yeah, I had Starter Deck Yugi and my friend had Kaiba or Joey. Mixed with all that trading are packs and promo cards. My Red Eyes is the one that came from Shonen Jump.

22950_200w.jpg

• 1 year later...

Playing YGO Legacy of the Duelist on PS4.

Man  Kaiba's decks suck ass and get worse as he progresses. I'm playing Kaiba vs Ishizu and dude has like 3 monsters that don't require sacrifice to summon. He has like 3 strats, 2 of which lead to Blue Eyes Ultimate and one that leads to Obelisk(WHICH HE HAS TWO OF BTW) and you need the exact right cards to pop off these plays but has zero way to stall or buy time.  It doesn't matter how powerful your overgrown lizards are if you can't get them on the field!!!! 

14 minutes ago, Jericruise said:

Yeah the old anime decks were not built well at all. If you don't draw the right monsters you can summon it really screws you over.

My very first hand with this deck was two Blue Eyes, Two Obelisk and Kaiser Glider.

Seto-and-Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon-seto-kaiba-22573354-300-300.jpg

That's what your stupid derpy Dragons get you, Kaiba.

I'm planning on using my own and going through the story again that way. Just a way to extend the game.

Drs-ZndWwAA5sTp?format=jpg

Why would I ever use this over a regular Summond Skull? LP every turn for an effect I might not even need to trigger that has a pretty damn big chance to fail when I do need it?

• 4 months later...
On 12/04/2019 at 15:32, Jericode said:

I'm entering a Regional Yugioh tournament for the first time next weekend. 100% certain I'll crash out hard but looking forward to giving it a go anyway.

What deck you running? I've recently started playing again so I'm intrigued.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Gadget ABC, but I went to locals today and absolutely bombed so may rethink it :lol:

Aye, I'd argue they're not particularly viable in proper competitive play anymore. They'd crush most casual players, but competitive players are a whole other breed of good and it scares me just a little.

17 minutes ago, Troy said:

Aye, I'd argue they're not particularly viable in proper competitive play anymore. They'd crush most casual players, but competitive players are a whole other breed of good and it scares me just a little.

It isn't my first choice, it's just the only one that I had fully complete and wasn't in the process of rebuilding. Three of my games were against Salamangreat, which was just annoying. I'd play it myself but don't have the key card that makes it all work.

What are you playing?