The card game thread

=BK=

25 minutes ago, Jericode said:

It isn't my first choice, it's just the only one that I had fully complete and wasn't in the process of rebuilding. Three of my games were against Salamangreat, which was just annoying. I'd play it myself but don't have the key card that makes it all work.

What are you playing?

Mostly playing online through YGOPro until I can scrounge together the dough to put together a Thunder Dragon deck. Perfect balance of simplicity vs viability in my mind, however it's real pricey for what it is. :P 

• 3 months later...

I've developed a print and play card game if anyone who enjoys CCGs feels like giving it some playtesting.

I quit watching YGO some time in the last arc of the first series so suddenly seeing this dude in GX that carries an honest to god crocodile on his back is doing my head in.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A new shop in Northampton opened this week dedicated to card games, it's pretty cool. I did a Magic draft and there was 10 people playing Magic, 10+ playing Pokemon and 20+ playing Yu Gi Oh. Got the guy to agree to get Thrones and L5R stuff in.

If you're looking for some OP events in the midlands check out Manascrew

• 4 months later...

Anyone play Magic The Gathering ey?

With Thrones winding down (I won the biggest regional of the last two years year on the weekend, yey!) I've been playing alot of Magic because it will never die, I've really enjoyed Eldraine, was a super good first set (especially for limited as it's my favourite format) and I think I've settled in to Black/Green as my colours - I went to a PTQ and came 9th, which is pretty nuts given how new I am to the game with a home brew Golgari FoodVentures deck (pre Green bans) and am currently on straight Golgari Adventures or Mono Black atm - Also been slowly building an Elves deck for Modern (that also has uses in Pioneer).

I'm booked in to 3 Theros Beyond Death pre-releases this weekend around the Wrestling, it doesn't seem as engaging a set, but I'm sure it's fun.

Set 1

Pokemon Card GB2 - GR Dan Sanjou! (English Fan Translation)_01.png

Set 2

Pokemon Card GB2 - GR Dan Sanjou! (English Fan Translation)_02.png

Why would I ever use set 2 over the original? Same HP, same retreat cost, same weakness, two energies instead of one for the same damage, two extra energies for 10 more damage. The only way I can see it is if maybe I'm trying for a multi type colorless energy deck?

30 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Set 1

Pokemon Card GB2 - GR Dan Sanjou! (English Fan Translation)_01.png

Set 2

Pokemon Card GB2 - GR Dan Sanjou! (English Fan Translation)_02.png

Why would I ever use set 2 over the original? Same HP, same retreat cost, same weakness, two energies instead of one for the same damage, two extra energies for 10 more damage. The only way I can see it is if maybe I'm trying for a multi type colorless energy deck?

Because technically the Low Kick and Punch are the same number of cards since the colorless energy cards at that time were double energy. Then it gives you the option to add an earth energy to that for a bit of extra...kick!

3 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Because technically the Low Kick and Punch are the same number of cards since the colorless energy cards at that time were double energy. Then it gives you the option to add an earth energy to that for a bit of extra...kick!

I guess if you use DCE that'd work but I just use type energy. Always felt DCE was never useful enough to give a slot to unless I'm building to Charizard specifically to use them as Fire.

5 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I guess if you use DCE that'd work but I just use type energy. Always felt DCE was never useful enough to give a slot to unless I'm building to Charizard specifically to use them as Fire.

Yeah typically I did the same thing myself, only used the 2x colorless for specifically colorless decks. But yeah, that's the rationale behind that Machop.

Frick I want to play that now haha dang it

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe for a joke deck themed around the Village People, because Machop evolves into Machoke, Man.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...