BoJack Horseman

livid

• 4 weeks later...

Four episodes in. Just overwhelmingly thankful to have this show back. 

I was thinking the other day that this show would probably make my top ten of all time.

That said, I think it's the right call to end it after this season. In spite of the suggestion that they had more in the tank, I'd always rather end on a high, and for me, there's been slight instances of re-treading similar territory, but never enough to take anything away from how beautifully written and performed it is. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Monkey D. Lars said:

The ending would've been better with episode 15, but I'm okay with the ending now. 

In the end such a good show!

I lost track of what episode I was on and thought episode 15 was the end and was okay with that but then episode 16 started.

It is insane how a cartoon about an anthropomorphic horse and other humans/animal-humans managed to showcase off the problems of addiction and mental illness better than any show with actual actors on screen.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 07:18, Ruki said:

I feel like 15 would have been the more tragic/deserved/gut punch ending.

But this bittersweet one, I dig it. You fuck up, life goes on... You try and be a better person, but the big thing is you go on.

Yeah, this

I also thought episode 15 would've been a perfect end, but it'd have potentially done a disservice to the supporting characters. The quiet, bittersweet ending was far more effective, surprising and beautifully realised.

Loved it. Highly gratifying to get an end so satisfying. 

Would definitely rank in my all-time favourite shows; the way the show evolved and found itself along its run was incredible to be a part of. It seemed to be that very rare kind of show that could make me laugh and cry within minutes. It ended up being one of the most effective and emotionally engaging shows I've ever seen. 

• Like 4

Just finished it myself. Dunno what to say. One of the most incredible shows I'll ever see.

I'm in awe at its ability to mix a whacky cartoon with the darkest shit, and always going against expectations. I think episode 15 was haunting but also an easy ending emotionally - it would've been fine on a cathartic level, but to demonstrate that life goes on (and more positively) is way more devastating. Already read an article that says Bojack was basically longer the main character in his own story due to his actions. Everyone else found contentment and lived happily ever after while he stays stuck in his same old self destructive patterns.

• Like 1

Finished yesterday and still trying to process it. The whole show is a masterpiece and I'm going to miss it but I liked the ending. I felt the tone and outlook for Bojack was fitting.

The View From Halfway Down hit hard. Such a beautiful and haunting episode. Everyone trying to find peace before the end. I loved that Butterscotch and Secretariat were combined. Bojack's absent father and the flawed celebrity father figure he always looked up to meshed into one in his subconscious. That poem was really poignant. Going to live long in the memory.

• Like 1