Anyone still play their Wii?

IDOL

Out of curiosity, do many of you still play yours? I've never been able to part with mine (probably because doing so with my original N64 collection made me regret that decision terribly), and always seem to come back to it. 

I bought a mini pc a while back and was going to turn it into basically an emulation machine, and then I remembered that my soft modded Wii already did a damn fine job of that and I could use the SNES and NES style controllers.

plus I have a ton of Wii games that are just down right still fun to play. The Mario Party Games, Wii sports, Mario Kart... I still love this thing 😍

Also, weirdly enough, it was never my main console of choice - but I never have the urge to bust out my XBox 360

I actually never had one, but just 2 weeks ago moved in with my girlfriend who still has one, I own a PS4 and she just bought the Nintendo Switch but we still seem to play the Wii more.

I used to use the Wii primarily to play Gamecube games. If there was the option, I'd also use a Gamecube controller to play Wii games, rather than the finicky motion controller. I only actually picked the system up when it was cheap and well past the zenith of its popularity, so I could sample the best games at reasonably low prices.

I felt that Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. were good, but inferior to their Gamecube predecessors, although Super Mario Galaxy was damn fine. I can't help but think that I'd have liked it even more without the motion controls, but such were the customs of the era.

I still have my Wii but I upgraded a few months back to the Wii U, I was at a point where I was only using the Wii for YouTube and playing GameCube games, I was looking into moving the data from the Wii to the Wii U but that would wipe the Wii so I'd rather keep that around with the data on it for playing GameCube games and grab an SD card for the Wii U and just start over if I do use it for Wii games.

My Wii U's in my room and I used that for Wii games fairly often. Haven't got a sensor bar at the moment so I haven't for a while, but I did play Super Paper Mario today on my computer, through slightly nefarious means... (I do own it otherwise, though!)

• Like 1

Mine is a non-plugged in decoration on a shelf. It's biggest strength became its biggest weakness for me, the motion controls were great, but everything that is needed for them caused me problems. I have a GameCube controller sat in front of me, but I couldn't tell you where a Wii Remote or the sensor bar are, so I can't ever load anything up even if I wanted to.

The games I played the most were a weird combination of Order Up, Mario and Sonic at various Olympics, and G1 Jockey Wii.

On 8/26/2017 at 20:51, Chuck Tingle said:

Mine's gathering dust in the entertainment center next to my printer. Haven't messed with it in years.

Update: Wii is legit a structural component of my entertainment center. Had to move it to take out the printer I have stowed there, shelf above it fell in. Said shelf held nothing of note besides a labeller I bought a while back.

I sold mine off a couple of years ago, while out of work, as I desperately needed the money. I wish I hadn't now - I want to gradually develop a bit of an entertainment station in the living room; currently have the PS4, NES Mini, Switch and third party Mega Drive thing set up there, with the Dreamcast in storage, so I'm always annoyed when I have to part with a console.

There's a few games on it I wish I could play again - Last Story was one of my all-time favourite games, and I'd love to give it another play through. I never had a huge number of games for it - largely because Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower all ate up so much time, but invested a fair bit of time in Mario Galaxy 2, Cursed Mountain, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and probably a whole bunch of stuff I'm forgetting. Great little console!

If any European members want some keys for Wii U games that I got in one of the HumbleBundles just ask. I'd offer it to our US/Canada members but apparently these keys only work for Europe.

Affordable Space Adventures
Darksiders II
Freedom Planet
Runbow
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Swords & Soldiers II

No idea if any of these are any good but I cant use them so fill your boots. Or socks, I wont judge you on footwear.