eWB Madden league

Vendetta

Is there any rhyme or reason of when the CPU is going to block a kick?

I just lost to the Rams in a game where they blocked a field goal and ran it back for a touchdown and then blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown. They also scored a touchdown right before half, despite having no time outs and only 26 seconds on the clock so I'm assuming it was one of those "Fuck you, we are gonna make sure you lose this game" type game, but seriously. If there's nothing you can do to prevent a blocked kick or punt, and that it's just whenever the CPU decides it wants to, that just seems royally fucked up.

On 9/8/2017 at 16:00, Meacon said:

Also if you're looking for running backs, I highly recommend Ameer Abdullah. Fast, great change of direction, and good hands out of the backfield.

I do not recommend TJ Yeldon. That dude has no change of direction. He nearly comes to a full stop if you try to move even somewhat east/west.

Following up on this, Yeldon ended up being my #1 running back after Abdullah went down in Week 12 with a season ending fracture. Abdullah had been picked up in week five and in those six games, ran for almost 1000 yards. Yeldon, who played in all sixteen games, averaged 3.6 YPC and barely squeaked out a 1000 yard season. If I can get even a nice backrub for him in the off-season, I'll be shipping his ass out of town.

26 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Following up on this, Yeldon ended up being my #1 running back after Abdullah went down in Week 12 with a season ending fracture. Abdullah had been picked up in week five and in those six games, ran for almost 1000 yards. Yeldon, who played in all sixteen games, averaged 3.6 YPC and barely squeaked out a 1000 yard season. If I can get even a nice backrub for him in the off-season, I'll be shipping his ass out of town.

I actually just brought him in.  But considering my offensive game plan involves more passing than the Saints, he shouldn't cause too much of an issue, hopefully.

I can rarely ever make running work, so I adapted accordingly.  Granted, the way I set up my franchises always sees me using a TJ Yeldon tier player at RB so that might have something to do with it.  In the games I've played using the Cowboys I can do a lot of good work with Zeke, and I downloaded a playbook with at least one entirely broken wildcat play that always results in positive rushing yards because the defense ends up with three lineman and only one LB behind them.

A suggestion I have would be to pick a pass play out of your preferred running formation. If the defense isn't stacking the box, do one of the quick audibles to a dive or plunge or off tackle. The CPU seems to know when you're going to pass, so they pick their defense accordingly and don't seem to alter it once you audible. 

As for playing against humans, I find the running much much easier because people tend to just want to rush up the field instead of reading what's happening. So if you give it a second, they'll blow past you, in hopes of a sack, and you can just scoot right on by.

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I don't know how you can run a pass-heavy offense. Any time I try to throw the ball more than fifteen yards downfield it either gets picked off or my receiver catches it and drops it when they're touched, and sometimes even when they're not. 

Oh its more of a high volume thing, lots of short throws in a hurry up, followed by some strikes down field if I can read the defense well enough.  Lots of slants, and then hot routes on almost every play.  Haven't been able to really go full vertical downfield passing attack since whatever Madden had Brees on the cover.  It's not impossible this year, I'm actually happy with how balanced downfield passing seems.  You can't chuck it every play, but I can get some big plays a few times a game.

52 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm the 49ers and I traded for Teddy Bridgewater. Reverse racism. (H)

I shipped out Tyrod and brought in Connor Cook.  Reverse reverse racism.

• 2 months later...

Man there are just some games where the game is going to butt fuck you regardless of what you do huh? Odell Beckham apparently has worse hands than my three year old all of a sudden. He’s even dropping passes when he’s alone. And he’s diving for passes that are thrown to his chest. This fucking game sometimes cracks me up by not trying to hide the fact that it’s gonna fuck you eight ways from Sunday.