TEW16 Real World Update: September 2017

Wanted to do a save with Billy Corgans NWA as a standalone fed rather than an alliance, i hear thats the way he's going to go after the last of the name licences expire in October. Has anyone any stats for the NWA as a promotion? Were they ever in an earlier mod i can import? TheWho87 if you were putting them in the mod today what popularity etc. would you set for them?

1 hour ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Wanted to do a save with Billy Corgans NWA as a standalone fed rather than an alliance, i hear thats the way he's going to go after the last of the name licences expire in October. Has anyone any stats for the NWA as a promotion? Were they ever in an earlier mod i can import? TheWho87 if you were putting them in the mod today what popularity etc. would you set for them?

I'd clone TNA/Impact/GFW, set overall 15 pop for US, and then 40 where you want them based, move the NWA titles from None to the fed and then remove the alliance and then set up a PPV broadcaster/network, you could do subscription but that would eat money, with tiny coverage in the US.

• Like 1

Honestly no idea at this point its so confusing. They are removing GFW from their press releases - just says Impact Wrestling so appears with Jarrett out of the picture here and the merger with GFW not being finalised they are distancing themselves from that name.

Certainly looks like their going back to IMPACT now. The BFG logo just says IMPACT aswell. We'll probably see title belt changes aswell again? 

I know their taping BFG and the next set of tapings in Ottawa - but Meltzer seems to be implying they are moving their tapings there from now on? Does that mean a change in home location in game aswell? tbh I think there'll be a lot of unanswered questions until November. 

On that point another couple of changes - 

- Remove Jim Cornette from GFW and untick works in for Canada. Appears he's off the next set of tapings due to priors in canada from a previous stint in ROH that prevent him from working in canada. 

- Set a starting absence for Jeff Jarrett to cover his time off for personal issues - rehab - perhaps until november or december? 

- Change GFW head booker to Scott D'Amore

- Starting Absence maternity leave for Christy Hemme - she's having quadruplets. 

- Starting injury for Davey Richards for knee surgery until end of the year. He has cancelled all remaining indy bookings through the end of the year. 

- Set Works In Ticked for Japan for Dolph Ziggler/Nick Nemeth, he has indicated he would like to work there once he leaves WWE. Which if reports are true is soon - his contract set to expire in october - set his contract to finish in 1 month aswell.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

On 09/09/2017 at 21:59, JohnnyNitro said:

Amend Total Access Impact to the Global Wrestling Network and amend their range to include the rest of the world regions other than just UK. It rebrands next week with the rollout of the GWN platform. 

On that note. Ed Nordholm stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that the network is not specifically impact branded as he sees it long term being an Alternative wrestling network for everything non-WWE and spoke at plans to add AAA, Crash, NOAH etc. content down the line. Would it be best therefore to remove GFW under the company option so that other promotions don't immediately get rejected when negotiating? In order to ensure gfw dosen't unrealistically get kicked off said network, perhaps their agreements can be set to the maximum 5 year term at start of play?

Edit: Also just noticed the Total Access Impact broadcaster has its style as Pay-Per View - this should be changed to Subscription

Should this still be renamed due to their backpeddling over rebranding, also they are PPV instead of subscription because if is was subscription it would constantly eat money from the promotions since if I remember right they need at least 70 pop in every region they broadcast in otherwise they won't break even.

Since it's not official yet, I wouldn't change this right away but reports say that Anthem is looking to move Impact Wrestling to Canada  on a permanent basis - Toronto, to be more precise. So it might be a good idea to think about switching their location.

Edited by SirEdger

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

Since it's not official yet, I wouldn't change this right away but reports say that Anthem is looking to move Impact Wrestling to Canada  on a permanent basis - Toronto, to be more precise. So it might be a good idea to think about switching their location.

When they make the permanent move I'll make the change.

• Like 1

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic