Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

During my recent stint of actual productivity, I ended up plotting out the ideas for a youtube series review/critique series about media (super vague yes) and now I'm getting to the point of scripting out the first episode.  This might never see the light of day (I'm enjoying it as a creative outlet but I'm way too busy this summer to shoot anything I think), but if I get to the point of having, like, a "pilot" would anyone here be interested in taking a look and giving some feedback?  I don't wanna end up spamming the forum with shit if there's no interest ya know?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This dude.  At first, its like "Ok, he's a crazy Mexican and a example of why you shouldn't use spray paint in a closed room" as you watch him spray random stuff.  Then he starts to blend it all together and its "Wow, thats really good".  Then he finishes the painting and you see "Wow, thats fucking beautiful!"

My favorite YouTube channel is Quill18. He mainly does Let's Plays for strategy and simulation games, such as Civilization, Simcity, Rimworld, etc. He's not the greatest at most games but is always entertaining. I've bought probably four or five games after watching him play them.

Second favorite would be Lazy Games Reviews. Mostly watch it for his retro computer tech videos. He puts a ton of time and research into his videos.

On 15/07/2018 at 18:03, Pooker said:

My favorite YouTube channel is Quill18. He mainly does Let's Plays for strategy and simulation games, such as Civilization, Simcity, Rimworld, etc. He's not the greatest at most games but is always entertaining. I've bought probably four or five games after watching him play them.

Second favorite would be Lazy Games Reviews. Mostly watch it for his retro computer tech videos. He puts a ton of time and research into his videos.

I like Quill. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. 

• Like 1

I'll third that. 

I watched a few of his Prison Architect videos and got me interested in the game. 

He also managed to help me understand how to play Democracy 3. Other than that, the other games he play don't really interest me, but he seems cool.

Really been into these guys lately.  The videos they post just tend to be filled with such fun and positivity, its great to see

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO DO THIS?!?!?!"

Ummm...I had a pirated copy of Deadpool where the audio was off synced  with the video by about 1 second.  I used VLC, which actually had an option to manually sync audio/video.  After messing with it a few times to figure out the timing, I figured out if I slowed the video down by 1.65 seconds, it synced fine.

So already that first video is making me doubtful...

On 15/07/2018 at 23:03, Pooker said:

I drop in and out of the channels of guys like Quill and Arumba (mainly because I only have so much stamina for those long/numerous Let's Play strategy game vids). Quill is pretty entertaining, and what I like about Arumba is that he's so focused on understanding exactly how game mechanics work that I usually learn new stuff about any game he's playing.

(I think it was a random Quill video that prompted me to buy PC Building Simulator on Steam? I have no idea why a game that's basically a job simulator appealed to me, but somehow it did...)

Another video-gaming guy I like a lot is MegaGWolf, whose review/nostalgia videos tend to be great fun. Not so into a lot of his Let's Play choices (a surprising amount of odd JRPG horror games in there)...but he's an even bigger Sonic nut than I am, so that helps.

Most consistently-excellent channel I subscribe to at the moment has got to be ExtraCredits. Whether it's their original ExtraCredits series on game development, or ExtraHistory, ExtraSciFi, ExtraPolitics or whatever, they always absolutely knock it out of the park for both quality and interest. Plus the drawings they use are great too.

2 hours ago, Lint said:

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO DO THIS?!?!?!"

Ummm...I had a pirated copy of Deadpool where the audio was off synced  with the video by about 1 second.  I used VLC, which actually had an option to manually sync audio/video.  After messing with it a few times to figure out the timing, I figured out if I slowed the video down by 1.65 seconds, it synced fine.

So already that first video is making me doubtful...

The thing about that is he'd have to screen record VLC playing the movie then import that into his video editing software which would be a major pain in the ass considering whatever screen recording software he uses could have sync issues too. It could also fuck with the screen ratio and footage quality.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite ever youtubers was a guy called WeazelZone.

Probably the 3 biggest games he got me into were Rimworld, The Long Dark and Prison Architect. With the Long Dark, I'd never even slightly been interested in even watching a survival game before him. I'd also credit him with my interest in Death Road to Canada, 60 seconds and Papers Please  as well.

He gave up youtube though because of how dickish it was getting with ad revenues and various changes. He tried twitch but is now on Facebook live streaming and posting shorter sub 20 minute lets plays in his facebook group.

Pretty shitty month for him, just now, as his mother just died of cancer 2 days after his father in law committed suicide. :crying:

Edited by Noah

Real lawyer reacts to movie lawyers

A guy who reviews and records MRE's of all era's, from modern ones that are gourmets in a bag to awful ones from the Vietnam/WW2 era that you wouldn't even feed to animals. Here's one of his legendary videos, a taste test of a biscuit of hardtack from 1863(!).

He doesn't eat everything he opens, for obvious reasons, but he tries to eat whatever seems to be still edible, like eating 100+ year old beef stock from the Boer Wars. Some episodes does include gross and icky stuff, so people with a weak stomach beware. The video above is a safe one, all things considered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

RTGame makes me feel good about accidental poop spillage in Cities Skylines given how many countless people he has murdered doing it intentionally.