Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

On 24/09/2019 at 17:20, Hellraiser said:

So what does this forum think about lefttube? I'm talking about channels like Contrapoints, Hbomberguy and Philosophy Tube. 

They're good content creators, bront.

See Lindsay Ellis, Dan Olsen and Shaun as well

I came in here to say I learned that the  nostalgia critic made a 40 min musical about The Wall

And there's an album...

I dont even know.

• Confused 1

On 29/09/2019 at 13:33, Hobo said:

I came in here to say I learned that the  nostalgia critic made a 40 min musical about The Wall

And there's an album...

I dont even know.

Nostalgia Critic is still a thing?!? The 'nostalgia' aspect was stretched beyond recognition when I stopped watching 10 years ago. :wacko:

14 minutes ago, GA! said:

Nostalgia Critic is still a thing?!? The 'nostalgia' aspect was stretched beyond recognition when I stopped watching 10 years ago. :wacko:

Yep.

Despite the tired concept, the Change the Channel stuff and everything he still pulls in around 500k to 1million views.

I learned recently he doesn't even show clips from the films anymore instead he does re-enactments. So I guess he got to Demo Reel after all.

A quick look at his Wikipedia page, and there's a paragraph on how shit that The Wall review is... might warrant a hate-watch.

I did hear of the Change the Channel stuff but I assumed he was working on other things these days. Fucking hell, I was watching that shit at university when I was 19 years old. Next you'll be telling me Yahtzee Croshaw still does Zero Punctuation...

*Googles*

well ok then

The only thing Doug Walker has is Nostalgia Critic and he doesn't even own the IP. He sold it to the guy who owns Channel Awesome.

I get the impression he doesn't really care either. He's always kinda lived in his own bubble for all intents and purposes.

What's odd is he basically created the environment for people who are actually good at film criticism while being funny while being not good at either of them himself.

See: Ellis, Lindsay

12 hours ago, Rey Cloudy said:

Someone explain to me what she said? I'm guessing it's to do with what she said about a month ago right?

She basically said that she doesn't like when she's in spaces with all cis women and they go around explaining their preferred pronouns, because it just makes her feel like she's not passing and they're only doing it because she's there.

9 hours ago, Hobo said:

I learned recently he doesn't even show clips from the films anymore instead he does re-enactments. So I guess he got to Demo Reel after all.

He does these clipless reviews when the movie he is talking about is still being shown in theaters. He still does normal reviews. Or at least he did when I was still watching.

10 hours ago, GA! said:

He actually scrapped the nostalgia rule when he revived the Nostalgia Critic after the Demo Reel debacle. 

On 01/10/2019 at 08:41, Hellraiser said:

So I found this youtube channel named "post 10". It is run by a guy and he posts videos of himself draining flooded streets and cleaning blocked culvets. I don't know why, but these videos are oddly satisfying to watch. 

If you want oddly satisfying to watch, fall down an Ear Wax Removal youtube rabbit hole

I don't know why I watched that, I was disgusted for five minutes yet i kept watching...

Anyways, I love dumb sports trivia... So here's one of the best two-part sports trivia documentaries ever created.

Yes, that's two videos totalling to 1.5 hours of talking about athletes named 'Bob', no Rob/Robert/Bobby's, just people that went by the name of 'Bob''. And it's genuinely one of the best pieces of sports trivia ever made.

Jon Bois is one of the best sports documentary makers out there.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I don't know why I watched that, I was disgusted for five minutes yet i kept watching...

Anyways, I love dumb sports trivia... So here's one of the best two-part sports trivia documentaries ever created.

Yes, that's two videos totalling to 1.5 hours of talking about athletes named 'Bob', no Rob/Robert/Bobby's, just people that went by the name of 'Bob''. And it's genuinely one of the best pieces of sports trivia ever made.

His breaking madden series had me doubling over with laughter a few times 

On 06/10/2019 at 07:29, Jasonmufc said:

His story about the death of RadioShack is tremendous. I recommend everyone read it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...