Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

I have heard Guru Larry wants to be the last to leave because he thinks it would be funny. I've never watched anything he's produced but I've always gotten the sense he was kinda a dickhead.

I'm a fan of Guru Larry. His logic is Channel Awesome has never given a shit about his content, didn't invite him to the Crossovers, or participate in the 'community' on any meaningful level - so he feels no stake nor reason to publicly quit until he's the last one. His audience has always seemingly been away from Channel Awesome anyway - he's more part of the Ashens crowd.

Question.

The fuck is a "Channel Awesome"?

Seriously. Youtube's been my main form of entertainment for years now and this is something I've never heard of.

9 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Question.

The fuck is a "Channel Awesome"?

Seriously. Youtube's been my main form of entertainment for years now and this is something I've never heard of.

Channel Awesome is/was an aggregator site which posted the videos of a number of different producers. It was originally known as That Guy With The Glasses.com, home of The Nostalgia Critic.

In its peak, all of CA's producer's videos were hosted on blip.tv not YouTube, which is what originally (in part at least) necessitated the need for the site. Although blip closed a few years ago thus negating the need for the site for all intents and purposes.

TGWTG/CA  at one time or another included: Angry Joe, Spoony, Linkara, Lindsay Ellis/The Nostalgia Chick, Ashens and JonTron.The site focused mostly on reviewing media in both serious review and comedic riffing "reviews". 

• Thanks 1

Ahhh, I've only heard of most of them and the only ones I've watched are JonTron and Ashens.

According to the CA wiki which I looked up after writing that response to Kirkland, Brad Jones has also left. So Guru Larry is the last man standing, apparently?

I mean, if one can believe a fan wiki.

The day after I ask about this one of the Youtuber's I watch did a video.

Bosian Bill he's a lockpicking channel.  Earlier videos explains stuff for beginners.  Does some "testing" of various lock picks, tests some lock picking trainers, does "challenge locks" where viewers send in custom locks and he tries to pick them.

This is his most recent video where, to show how trash they are, he picks 10 Masterlocks in 2 minutes

• Like 2

Lock picking seems like a dangerous thing to just be teaching to everyone. Especially when you go to show the most common lock as trash.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 05:02, =BK= said:

Lock picking seems like a dangerous thing to just be teaching to everyone. Especially when you go to show the most common lock as trash.

Or, its showing the maker of the most common lock that they need to improve their shit

The problem, he told The Post, is that the guts of many Master locks are the same.

“They have a wide variety of locks with different styles of bodies and shackles, but all have the identical junky core,” he said.

The former Army officer, who served 28 years on a bomb disposal team, calls up lock manufacturers to point out weaknesses in their products — and many of the smaller companies actually listen and improve their locks, he says.

“Master Lock, not so much,” said Johnson, 56, who hails from Fairfax County, Virginia.

“You get what you pay for,” he warned, conceding that some of the company’s higher-end locks work well.

https://nypost.com/2015/12/21/your-master-lock-doesnt-really-lock-anything-up/

14 hours ago, Hobo said:

look whos back

I only watched the first eight minutes so far (this is exactly the sort of thing my girlfriend and I watch together so I figured I'd wait until she's home to watch the whole thing) but this looks really good!

• Thanks 1

I have had some people contact me directly to say how much they enjoyed it 

An anti amendment campaigner from 1983 said to me both online and in person how it brought back a lot of memories for him 

Wondering when the anti-choice will find it :shifty:

17 hours ago, Hobo said:

look whos back

So do i need to resubcribe to you?  I unsubscribed because you hadn't  uploaded anything for like 50 years

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

A rare figure who managed to get disliked by both the political left and right, I thought in terms of games journalists he was definitely part of a rare breed, and I thought he did a lot for esports and gaming in general. Cancer is shit, he's died and he's younger than I am, whether or not you like him, that's fucking horrible.