EWR Real World Update: September '17

Remove Bobby Heenan, he passed away :crying:

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Hardcore3 said:

And what does deleting people achieve? If the game is loading fast what will happen if more are deleted?

Makes it less bloated and even faster <_< 

Seriously though, some people will have slower machines. There will always be fat to trim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hardcore3 said:

And what does deleting people achieve? If the game is loading fast what will happen if more are deleted?

Deleting people who do not wrestle anymore, those who have been inactive for awhile or those who have never really been heard from again can be removed to make room for new additions. There are always suggestions on lower name indy wrestlers and i dont want to add them due to the amout of workers already in the game. Yes the game may be at a low loading time now, but it can be made even faster by taking out a few wrestlers here and there (not a worker exodus, so relax), and limiting the number of relationships, sponors, and alter-egos. 

Like Lineker said, some peoples computers run slower than others, im just trying to maker it easier for everyone across the board. If there is a problem with worker additions and removals, you can always take the updates and try the DIY method. ;)

• Like 1

I haven't downloaded the latest versions since you started trimming down - I personally like having so many options of workers to choose from to sign so I always kept the bloated version...How many are they now approximately in the latest version, just OOC?

16 hours ago, Troy said:

Just a very minor thing that I've complained about, unsure if it was in one of these threads or elsewhere, but can we please remove Eiji Ezaki from the game? He's in there as staff, but has been dead since last March. :shifty: 

Not bloated at all, then. ;)

• Like 3

I'd suggest having an archive of all your updates within the first post or having another thread where you archive past updates, and then having a text file where you record who you removed and the update you removed them from, that way if someone wants a worker removed they can find an earlier update and copy over the info.

• Like 2

WrestlePro Changes

Spoiler

WrestlePro Champion is CPA

Wrestle Pro Tag team Champions are Maxwell J. Feinstein and Valerio Lamorte

Wresle pro Trios Champions are The Beach Bums(Brody , Freddie IV & TJ )

CZW

Spoiler

Tag Team Champs are CCK(Kid lykos & Chris Brooks)

Wired TV Champion is Maxwell J. Feinstein

World Heavyweight Champion is shane Strickland(Kill Shot)

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

...just in case of the event of somebody wanted a more bloated game? :huh:

Yes, I absolutely love a bloated game, sometimes I just need to book Spirit Squad against Mean Street Posse and it sucks when one of them is not in the game.

Workers make the game a little bit slower, but if you want a fast game, just delete the alter egos and the relationships (because they are broken) and the game will run completely fine

• Like 1

In fairness, I fall somewhere along the same lines - my booking style tends to lean on random cameos, old-timer comebacks, and WAR-esque unlikely matches, so would always rather lean towards keeping wrestlers in (assuming their stats are accurate) over stuff like alter egos or superfluous relationships; I don't think relationships should be removed entirely, just that we should exercise some logic in terms of which make the cut, rather than Friendship relationships for everyone who ever shares a selfie together on Instagram. Alter-egos serve no in-game purpose, though, and only serve to slow the game down - it's nothing that can't be solved with a Google search, cagematch, or, at worst, asking on here.

In terms of workers and staff, though, there's a difference between "I want to book Spirit Squad vs. Mean Street Posse" and some of the things that have come up in the past. Earlier in the thread, Troy requested that Hayabusa be removed from staff - and he's been dead for over a year. That's obviously just an oversight, but it's an oversight that mod makers are far less likely to make if they can focus on a smaller, more detailed update, rather than one focused on sheer numbers at the expense of all else.

Similarly, earlier, Lint requested that Bobby Heenan be removed - Heenan hadn't worked a wrestling show for, what, ten years, at least? His health problems would have made it impossible for him to do so. He should not have been in the data in the first place. And that's just one example. If we want any kind of accuracy in a mod, then "I might want to use them" isn't a justification to include people that don't belong in a modern wrestling sim in 2017. Similarly, the old "In Theory & Practice" thread uses examples of guys like Scott Snot; nobodies who were in the data and have just sat there untouched, maybe for years, despite not having wrestled for over a decade. Going way back, there were wrestlers in some of the earliest EWR data sets who were set to the wrong gender, or - like Kriss Sprules - were given grossly inflated stats, or who didn't exist at all. And the fact that they were able to sit there for months or years without being corrected shows me that "as many wrestlers as possible" isn't the route to take, we should value accuracy first and foremost. We need to apply some logic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

...just in case of the event of somebody wanted a more bloated game? :huh:

.....and you have something wrong with that? I myself like to have more workers in the database. Of course, removing dead wrestlers & staffers is only logical but still, where's the problem? If you prefer a thinner database, no problem.

4 hours ago, Daxt said:

Yes, I absolutely love a bloated game, sometimes I just need to book Spirit Squad against Mean Street Posse and it sucks when one of them is not in the game.

Workers make the game a little bit slower, but if you want a fast game, just delete the alter egos and the relationships (because they are broken) and the game will run completely fine

I don't think anyone who has actually been a name should be removed - at some point moving forward, some people will have to be trimmed and no name guys who were added ages back when people were added without question are probably a good candidate.

Also when it comes to moving people to non-wrestlers like Nikki this month - should that really be done until they are someone who is out of the game entirely? When you do that to someone in EWR they will NEVER become an in-ring performer ever again and it's not really a ruled out thing for her and I feel some others who are set to non-wrestler at this point in time. You can fix that with Arsenic, etc - but it's a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

Been away from following wrestling for a few months noticed there's quite a bit of new faces in chikara that weren't in this update. Are any in there under different names? 

Also this doesnt really mean anything towards this months update but, Has Billy Corgan done anything with NWA since purchasing it in June?