Football Manager 2018

Lineker

So I've surpassed 1000 hours of game play on FM18 - I need a girlfriend!

On the plus side, I won the Europa League with Bangor City!

• Like 6

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Malenko said:

Just won a game 5-1 away and all the pundits, former players, etc. can't stop talking about how great my brazilian striker is and how defenses have no idea how to stop him after his latest hattrick.

All three of his goals were penalty kicks...

The Brazilian Harry Kane

On 03/09/2018 at 10:05, Nelson said:

So I've surpassed 1000 hours of game play

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

• Haha 1

It's kind of a "well, so what?" complaint but it's irritating when you want to read a career game/diary but ninety-five percent of them are people playing with the broken 3-4-3 formation then acting surprised they win the league or achieve back-to-back-to-back-to-back promotions by scoring a hundred goals a season and recording weekly 5-0 wins.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

It's kind of a "well, so what?" complaint but it's irritating when you want to read a career game/diary but ninety-five percent of them are people playing with the broken 3-4-3 formation then acting surprised they win the league or achieve back-to-back-to-back-to-back promotions by scoring a hundred goals a season and recording weekly 5-0 wins.

Watch Thames FC on YouTube.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Watch Thames FC on YouTube.

Couldn't agree more, it's literally the best series out there for me.

Also speaking of broken, 4-4-2 with a defensive forward, is almost unbeatable. Using sortitoutsi's latest update as Atletico - they have like zero players and are under a transfer embargo. I'm top of the league, unbeaten in all competitions and Diego Costa is the best striker on the planet bar none.

• 2 weeks later...

So... for some reason, my good career as a club manager keeps getting me national team jobs even though I suck at those. I've ruined Nigeria, Japan and Australia's hopes in 2 world cups and am now managing Italy.

I picked one of my own players, an uncapped regen. Let's call him Del Piero (because that's his actual name :P ). Anyway, after getting a total of 1 point from games in Finland and at home vs Serbia (as I said before, I really suck at it), I picked him for the games vs Montenegro and Ireland. We finally got a win. He came in as a substitute and scored the winner.

Later he came to thank me (the club Manager, not the NT manager, if that makes sense) and tell me he was very proud and that it was thanks to me he was able to play for Italy. I told him if he keeps playing well for the club the italian manager will notice and he'll become a regular on the team. :shifty:

• Haha 3

I actually play with every league selected (top 2 divisions). It's not that slow, really. It takes a while to start - I'll admit that - but from that moment on it goes fast enough. Once or twice a season it seems to get stuck for a bit, probably processing a lot of changes, but apart from that, no complaints.