Football Manager 2018

Lineker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always have a soft spot for certain players. I even still sign some when I play FM. Not helped my tendencies to not play the game at all seriously any more and just muck about with budgets of league of Ireland teams.

A few mostly Irish players like Connor Clifford, Conor Ellis, Jamie McGrath, there was a whole where Joey Lapira (the last amateur to get a cap for Ireland) was still around, Wilson Morelo, Taurfic Guanch, Andy Najar, any players that were good for me in other games.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

All of my old soft spot players are regens so can only assume they're unique to me. Built a whole squad of them at Plymouth and Wigan on CM 01/02, great times.

I had a couple on one game, FM12, I think. After I did the Vancouver game I did a mess around with Bohemians and make them super rich game. After a few years I had a regen called Ritchie Stokes. He was a beast of an M/AMC. Came into my first team at 16 and was a full Ireland international by 20 all while playing in Ireland. I also had Bozo Grigic, a Serbian regen who was constantly linked with Barca and Bayern but neither ever came for him. I used to bring him on at half time in Champions League games.

I just found these two on imgr

47Mu4EN.jpg3q1Lm08.jpg

On 16/11/2017 at 20:42, Gazz said:

I find the match engine leaves a lot to be desired still. Case in point, Yedlin receives the ball out on the flank in acres of space, stops, which causes everyone else to stop for some reason, has a think for a few seconds as the other 21 players on the pitch and 52,000 people in the stands looks on, then boots it out of play.

Sounds a lot like the real Yedlin to me tbh. 

Stefano Stuaro, he of 4 league goals in 118 appearances, has just scored a hat-trick against Bournemouth playing as a CDM. Dunno what's going on, he just kept making late runs into the box to sweep home crosses at the near post.

Won the Championship as Fulham at my first attempt. 

Mainly thanks to 19 goals from Simone Palombi, signed on loan from Lazio. I have agreed a £13m fee to join permanently in the summer.  

Update for the start of our return to the Premier League. Was very busy in the transfer market.

Players in: Kyle Naughton (£1.7m), Tomas Kalas (£3.6m), Simone Palombi (£12m), Daniel Johnson (£8.5m), Gabriel Paletta (free), Saviour Godwin (free), Matt Macey (free), Joe Worrall (£2.2m), Petter Strand (£525,000), Jack Fitzwater (free), Jairo (loan), Mathew Hudson (free), Sebastian Szymanksi (£2.5m), Callum Brittain (£400,000).

Players out: Ragnar Sigurdsson (free), Aboubakar Kamara (loan), Marcele Djalo (£275,000), Rui Fonte (loan), Denis Odoi (loan), Floyd Ayité (£21m).

Started with the season with Leicester at home followed by Spurs away. 

Dominated Leicester, and in true FM fashion, they scored with their only shot on target, meanwhile I miss 15 chances. 0-1. 

Went to Spurs with a new defensively minded tactic, barely had the ball, barely had a shot, lost 2-0. 

On 12/2/2017 at 00:22, Liam Mk2 said:

Won the Championship as Fulham at my first attempt. 

Mainly thanks to 19 goals from Simone Palombi, signed on loan from Lazio. I have agreed a £13m fee to join permanently in the summer.  

Update for the start of our return to the Premier League. Was very busy in the transfer market.

Players in: Kyle Naughton (£1.7m), Tomas Kalas (£3.6m), Simone Palombi (£12m), Daniel Johnson (£8.5m), Gabriel Paletta (free), Saviour Godwin (free), Matt Macey (free), Joe Worrall (£2.2m), Petter Strand (£525,000), Jack Fitzwater (free), Jairo (loan), Mathew Hudson (free), Sebastian Szymanksi (£2.5m), Callum Brittain (£400,000).

Players out: Ragnar Sigurdsson (free), Aboubakar Kamara (loan), Marcele Djalo (£275,000), Rui Fonte (loan), Denis Odoi (loan), Floyd Ayité (£21m).

Started with the season with Leicester at home followed by Spurs away. 

Dominated Leicester, and in true FM fashion, they scored with their only shot on target, meanwhile I miss 15 chances. 0-1. 

Went to Spurs with a new defensively minded tactic, barely had the ball, barely had a shot, lost 2-0. 

I got Fulham up in my first season, but the second and third season were just a nightmare. Really hard to build a decent team for some reason.

What do you guys do to get out of scoring ruts? It’s not just one player. I’ve gone five games now without scoring a damn goal. We’ve lost two games 1-0 where each goal was a late minute penalty. We’ve drawn 0-0 in two games. And got slaughtered by the best team in the league 3-0 where we had possession maaaaaaybe 30% of the time.

Ive tried having my guys shoot on sight. I’ve tried having them pump the ball in the box. I’ve tried high crosses. I’ve tried low crosses. I’ve tried everything that I’ve done in the past when we’ve been on a terrible run, but absolutely nothing I do is working.

Any suggestions?

I survived the Premier League with Fulham with one game to spare.

Went through a great run between November and January. Picked up 8 wins out of 13. Then between the end of January and end of April picked up 2 wins out of 12, losing 8 of those.

I reinforced in January, main signign was Gianluca Lapadula coming in on loan from AC Milan and he grabbed 6 goals in 10 games with 5 assists. As well as him, Adrian Embarba, a right winger that I signed in the previous January really stepped up ending up with 8 goals and 7 assists in 19 starts (6 from the bench).

Very happy with that season in the end. Now to build for next and hopefully push for mid table and get a decent cup run.