Football Manager 2018

Lineker

So, the 2018 summer transfer window has led to

Limerick FC signing: Geof  Cameron, Emmanuel Adebeyor, Aiden McGeady and Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Meanwhile (Fernando Morientes') Shamrock Rovers have strengthened their defense with Christoper Samba and Paul McShane.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MDK said:

Where is the cheapest place to buy this?

Wait for a steam sale maybe?

Just got Parkvilla through to the final round of playoffs for the Champions League in a match against POAK. A 3-2 away win and we scored both their goals. While their keeper opened the scoring for us!

Last friendly before the season, against Chicago. Good chance for a warmup, gonna send my B-team out in the second half, probably won't matter there's no way we'll wi-

a2wKJSdg.jpg

So three matches into the season and we've got 9 points. Not a bad start but with Jacksonville also being at 9 points and with an absurd GD of 10 we're going to need to do better if we're going to be champions.

fXjRUM4.jpg

Obviously getting proper centre-defenders is my priority, though I spent a pretty penny on Darnell King as an all-purpose substitute. And also because fuck Tampa Bay. Rusin is a good sub but I'm not entirely confident in his first team potential yet.

Overall possession is our biggest issue but with results like a 3-1 win over Indy Eleven with only 33% possession it's not my biggest worry.

What IS my biggest worry is Rennella. He's my strongest asset but also my biggest headache; when he's motivated he's a brilliant forward, when he isn't he shoots at everything except the back of the net. Stefano has proven to be a good backup when needed, but Rennella's too good to let go when he's on. The problem is keeping him on as he acts like a complete diva whenever I try to tell him not to be lazy. Two MLS teams are looking at him and he's not interested in staying on next season so I'll be grooming Stefano to be his full time replacement as the season goes on.

Otherwise my biggest struggle is figuring out how to improve my central midfield game. Flat 4-4-1-1 isn't as good a fit as this formation, and Poku is too valuable to keep him on the bench which is what I would have to do for a proper 4-4-2. I could go 3-2-3-1-1 or even 3-5-1-1 but I don't think a three-back formation would be good for us either.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

So Rennella basically forced my hand, and worse yet the board went over my head and transferred Poku as well.

This combined with injury and suspension woes made my dominant, 9 match-unbeaten team now struggling to maintain a top spot, only one point behind San Fransisco and one point ahead of Cosmos and Jacksonville.

I've got some new signings to help my chances in forwards but Rennella was irreplacable.

Good news is, we just had the best cure for the  morale woes... a match with the utterly incompetent Boca Raton FC, ending 8-1.

I started a new game with the intention of replicating Brian Clough's career; basically, I could only leave one club for the next club he went to, and have to win the same number of trophies before I could.

Started with Hartlepool. Clough moved on pretty quickly from there without winning anything, but I'm loving it too much to even think about leaving. Won the Vanarama in my first season, then won League Two in my second. In my third, nipped into 6th on the last day to get a play-off spot, and lost to Portsmouth in the final on penalties. Just brutal.

Eight players out, plus a couple of loan signings not wanting to return, and I've brought ten guys in, so hopefully I'll be able to make it up this season. I've only spent 35k in the first three seasons, but finally had a bit of money, so spent about 300k this season, which hopefully will take me up. The club's highest-ever finish is 6th in League One, which I've equaled, so the goal now is to get them to the Premier League.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigal said:

I was trying to avoid playing with the teams I usually do! Down the line I might try it with Fergie.

Just move to another country ya dafty :P

I'm always gutted in my career games whenever the Notts Forest and Notts County jobs come up. I always want to manage them both and sabotage the team whenever they play Leicester :shifty:

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Avoid the alcoholism part of emulating Clough though.

Football Manager should not be played while drinking.

That reminds me: if anyone wants to read a cracking book about Clough, go for this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Provided-You-Dont-Kiss-Me-ebook/dp/B002RI9QYY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516031103&sr=8-3&keywords=brian+clough

It's bloody excellent.

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Just move to another country ya dafty :P

I'm always gutted in my career games whenever the Notts Forest and Notts County jobs come up. I always want to manage them both and sabotage the team whenever they play Leicester :shifty:

As long as they're doing well the rest of the time, I'll forgive you.