Football Manager 2018

Lineker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, keeping on the subject of national teams, after managing the same club for 8 years now, my reputation grew a bit and some national teams are willing to call me.

I got to manage Nigeria on their attempt to qualify o the 2022 world cup. Their FA told me I had to qualify easily. A couple losses to Angola and Mozambique later and we were out of it even before the last match. 

Meanwhile, the Japanese manager was fired as well due to a poor showing in the confederations cup even though they had qualified to the World Cup. I applied... They gave me the job.

Basically I screwed Nigeria and ran away to a team that will be playing the World Cup.

I wonder what will happen to me if I set foot in Nigeria again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow. Going into the 2020 Nations League, I realise that England's attacking options are shit.

Harry Kane has got himself a nice 2 month injury, so I am currently left with Dominic Solanke and Callum Wilson as my options up front.

Marcus Rashford is there, but he never gets any game time for Manchester United. 

isnt there a way to ask a player to leave his club for game time? or say 'you need to be playing more'

Rashford is a must for england if theres no kane, the others arent up to standard 😕

3 hours ago, mattu29 said:

isnt there a way to ask a player to leave his club for game time? or say 'you need to be playing more'

Rashford is a must for england if theres no kane, the others arent up to standard 😕

If you don't call them up and they get narked off about it they sometimes ask why they haven't been picked. You can tell them that they need to be playing more.

• Like 1

B35D0D4DDFAE3B169B58D727D9CB5BB485DC92CC

My regen currently has 13 goals in 10 starts (league) this season, perhaps more since I'm in the middle of an epic comeback against Liverpool, and he recently signed a new contract that got rid of his release clause. Good lad.

5 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Good stuff. 4 year contract.

When I got him as a regen and saw his potential I gave him a a pre-contract with an optional 3 year extension. The poor lad spent 3 years on £200 p/w until just before we got into the PL. And he was first team. 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

B35D0D4DDFAE3B169B58D727D9CB5BB485DC92CC

My regen currently has 13 goals in 10 starts (league) this season, perhaps more since I'm in the middle of an epic comeback against Liverpool, and he recently signed a new contract that got rid of his release clause. Good lad.

Can you transfer him to my England save?

World Cup qualifiers have started OK. Beat Israel at home thanks to a 93rd minute winner from Jesse Lindgard, then thumped Lithuania 4-0 away (they scored two own goals).

Next up, a UEFA Nations League semi-final against.........France. 

• Haha 1

It's the summer of 2021, and I still get media campaigns to include Saido Berahino and Troy Deeney in my squads.

Berahino has scored 9 goals in 4 seasons and Troy Deeney is Troy Deeney (ridiculously overrated on FM mind you). 

Fuck them, I finally beat France :w00t: 3-2 after extra-time. A final against Germany now, and all my players are practically dead.

Beat the Germans 2-1 in the final. We have a trophy, football has come home! :w00t: it's the international equivalent of the Carabao Cup, but I don't care. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is a game just as an international manager fun to play? I think I've only ever managed internationally before while managing at club level but I'm kinda curious