Football Manager 2018

Lineker

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's pointing at the fact that SI always seem to introduce a new feature that seems completely half-baked and will take them approx. two more versions to actually have it working as intended. 

At least, that's how I feel about a lot of FM features.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's pointing at the fact that SI always seem to introduce a new feature that seems completely half-baked and will take them approx. two more versions to actually have it working as intended. 

At least, that's how I feel about a lot of FM features.

Exactly, it's like Civ. You don't play Civ properly on release day, you wait for the second or third expansion pack where the game is actually complete.

Football Manager is already released late enough in the football season, it does get irritating having to then wait a month or so after release to get patches to make it playable. 

Even still it’s got quite a few bugs. Luckily none that are all that game-breaking.

Team talks is one, I’ll go into a game 1st and my opponent 2nd and it’ll say “We come into this game in 4th and our opponents in 17th, let’s show them what we are all about!” 

4 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Football Manager is already released late enough in the football season, it does get irritating having to then wait a month or so after release to get patches to make it playable. 

Even still it’s got quite a few bugs. Luckily none that are all that game-breaking.

Team talks is one, I’ll go into a game 1st and my opponent 2nd and it’ll say “We come into this game in 4th and our opponents in 17th, let’s show them what we are all about!” 

That's your positions in the form table.

If anyone wants an interesting challenge, you can become manager of Los Angeles FC now. You sit out the first season, but on 12th December, you can steal five top players in the expansion draft.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gazz said:

If anyone wants an interesting challenge, you can become manager of Los Angeles FC now. You sit out the first season, but on 12th December, you can steal five top players in the expansion draft.

Is it? 

Now someone tells me! 

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Damn it. Now I want to buy this year's version just so I can do an expansion draft. I've got a great long running game in an older version, but I'm always tempted by expansion drafts. :(

Update on the end of the 3rd season with AC Milan.

Finished 2nd (to Juventus, again) for the second year in a row, this time with 3 less points. Juventus running away with the league with 91. 

Got knocked out of the group stages of the Champion's League (Man United, Shakhtar and Villareal made up my group, finished level on points with Shakhtar but they went through due to head-to-heads I believe).

So, the Europa League it was. Had a fairly kind 1st KO round draw against Dynamo Kiev, managed to beat them 3-0 away and then battered them 7-0 in the return at the San Siro. My prize was a quarter final against Chelsea. I fought for a 0-0 in the first leg at Stamford Bridge and followed that up with a 2-0 win at home progress to the semi-finals where I drew FC Porto.

Got a lovely 1-1 draw in the first leg away from home grabbing the all important away goal, well, it would have been important if I hadn't conceded 2 in the return leg at home, losing 2-0 in the process.

Got to the semi-finals of the TIM Cup but was drawn against the might Juventus. They beat me 4-0 on aggregate. Trophy dream over again for another season. Sigh. :(

On the plus side, Suso had another storming season from right-wing. Scoring 20 and assisting 17 in 48 games. The guy is lethal, and I managed to reject all bids from Arsenal and Man Utd to convince him to sign a new contract.

So, I had a very, very busy summer, bringing in plenty of players to add depth to a squad that was fairly thin. right now my squad looks like this:

GK: Donnarumma, Plizzari

DR: Conti, Calabria

DL: Rodriguez, Darmian

DC: Romagnoli, Lemos, Gomez, Tuanzebe (loan)

DM: Radoja, Biglia

MC: Kessie, Elneny, Sturaro 

MC: Locatelli, Fabregas

AMR: Suso, Pereira

AML: De Arrascaeta, Rene-Adelaide

FC: Cutrone, Giroud, Milik

Currently 11 games into the Serie A season and I sit in 4th, 3 points behind top (Juventus, obviously).

Was drawn with Chelsea, Sporting and Galatasaray in the Champion's League. Started off terribly losing to Chelsea and Sporting, but managed two wins against Galatasaray which included a 4-0 win at their place which I was happy with. So, I have given myself a fighting chance going into the final two group games.

The TIM Cup draw looks fairly promising for me this season, I will play either SPAL/Bologna in the first round, followed by Torino, Carpi or Carrarese in the quarters before playing one of Fiorentina, Udinese, Sampdoria, Sassuolo, Parma or Sambenedettese in the semi-final. Fingers crossed for a final appearence and possibly a first trophy. Not sure how long I can continue with not bringing any trophies in.

I will never get this close again. :crying: (a 3-1 home win against Juventus helped me get so close)

Plus, Suso (43 games,  14 goals, 23 assists) went and got himself injured for the final two games of the season. :mellow:

seriea.JPG

Update:

Thanks to relegated Udinese getting a draw with Juventus and me beating Inter 2-0 the league table is as below:

seriea2.JPG

However, more bad news. Top scorer with 24 goals in 34 matches Patrick Cutrone got himself sent off and suspended for the final game.:(

Oh, and Ricardo Rodriguez too.

Update #3:

Juventus played at 15:00, my game is scheduled for 20:45. What sort of scheduling is this?! 

Juventus won. Fuck them. Fuck everything.

• Sad 2

I've seen it a few times but  in the social feed when there's an item about a player getting injured, one of the reactions to it is quite often "This is so unrealistic!" and I honestly have no idea at all what it means? :lol: Like, how does that make any sense as a response to news about an injury?

Can't really settle on a save, so I just started a game and took over City halfway through the season cause Pep got sacked. They were 8th when I took over and even though it's just a nothing save, it's led to one of my favourite season endings ever just for amusement alone.

qlLSSJs.png

6e3cF5u.png

OVOHK9m.png DMHWu7p.png

Don't see how Manchester United as a club recover from this tbh. We were top for literally one matchweek and it happened to be the title decider in which we ruined United fans dreams.

Then again in the FA Cup Final.

Then again in the Champions League Final.

Just fold lads.

mourinho-sad-765x496.jpg

Half tempted to just go mad until I get bored and just sign all the top boys. Front three of Dybala, Aguero and Icardi or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3