Football Manager 2018

Lineker

On their way to winning the Champions League, FC Kobenhavn PSG'd Real Madrid:

AgUA08U.png?1

E7tmB2g.png?1

Spartak Moscow won an all Russian Europa League final with Zenit, Shakhtar were losing finalists in the Champions League.

Bayern and Dortmund topped the Bundesliga, but are joined in the CL places by Wolfsburg and Freiburg. Real won La Liga, Barca second, Atletico and Sevilla round out the top four. I won Ligue 1 as Monaco, Lille and Lyon behind me, and PSG behind them outside of the CL places. Inter won Serie A. Man City and Chelsea were top two in England, but Southampton and Leicester were also top 4:

Spoiler

image.png

The lower leagues are much more interesting. Bolton won the Championship and went up with Reading and Sheffield Wednesday, with Burton, Sunderland and Brentford going down. Portsmouth, Southend and Blackburn (playoffs) go up from League 1, with Oldham, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers and Northampton going down. Coming up from League 2 are Carlisle, Chesterfield, Colchester and Accrington. Wycombe and Crawley go down.

Leicester won the FA Cup against Man City, whilst Man Utd won a League Cup where three of the semi-finalists were from the Championship - Leeds, Ipswich Town and Bolton.

• Haha 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got Hartlepool into the Premier League in my 10th season. We had the lowest budget and attendance in the Championship, and our turnover each year is only 15m, with a 9m a year loss, so that 97m of TV money is going to be lovely. Wage budget immediately tripled, although it's still on the low end. Long season ahead!

• Like 1

Finished my first season in charge of Bangor City in the 2021/22 season after a spell in Northern Ireland. TNS were still winning it every year and the previous season Bangor had finished 2nd, 18 points behind TNS. I'd have been happy to just repeat that.

We ended up taking TNS all the way to the final game of the season, they were 1 point ahead of us at home to Airbus UK and we were away to Gap Connah's Quay. A win would only do unless TNS lost 8-0 and we drew.

In the January transfer window, TNS signed Zack Clough which at the Welsh Premier League level was a massive signing and he banged them in for fun but I noticed before the last game he was injured so I thought we had a chance there and it turned out I was right as TNS lost 3-0 and we won 4-2 to end the 11 year dominance of TNS.

The board are now upgraded my youth facilities, increasing junior coaching and youth scouting scope as one of my philosophies is to bring young players through.

Bring on the Champions League!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Started a new game and went on holiday until January 2022. 

Took the vacant Arsenal job; they're now a lower midtable side, with not a lot of money to boot. First game and I get upset by Peterborough in the FA Cup.

This won't be easy.

What's their team looking like?

• Admin
19 hours ago, MadJack said:

What's their team looking like?

GK: Thomas Strakosha/Joao Virginia/Enric/Andrea Seculin (four keepers! no idea why!)

DR: Hector Bellerin/Kenny Tete
DL: Federico Dimarco/Layvin Kurzawa/Alberto Moreno
DC: Shkodran Mustafi/Rob Holding/Harry Maguire/Luiz Hernandez/Malang Sarr (out on loan)

DM/MC/AMC: Jorrit Hendrix/Jean Michael Seri/Francis Coquelin/Sander Berge/Georginio Wijnaldum/Adam Lallana/Hakan Calhanoglu/Vlad Dragomir/Vladimir Darida

AMR/AML: Pione Sisto/Alex Iwobi/Reiss Nelson/Goncalo Guedes/Ryan Sessegnon (out on loan)

ST: Alexandre Lacazette/Danny Welbeck/Dennis Man

58 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Jack Wilshere is still waiting to fulfil his potential.

Left at the end of the first season at the end of his contract. Picked up on a free by Man Utd, played 28 scored 4. Then sold after that solitary season at Old Trafford to Chelsea for £17.5m, now after three seasons and 41 appearances, he's been placed on the transfer list at Stamford Bridge by manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.

In my quest to raise the Welsh Premier League to one of the top leagues, I'm well on my way as the reputation has risen from 1 star to 1.5. Went into the last day of the season with Bangor City, 2 points off the top with TNS in first and playing TNS at home. They go 1-0 up early on, I level it but they regain their lead before I equalise a 2nd time with a free kick right on half time. 5 minutes into the 2nd half, I go in front for the first time but my lead only lasted 5 minutes before an own goal made it 3-3. After that the match was pretty even until the last 15 minutes when we started pushing for a winner which came 5 minutes from time from 18 year-old newgen Tim Newell who I got on a free from Cardiff Met Uni with his 25th of the season to win the title 2 seasons in a row. 3 days later, I make it a league and cup double with a 2-0 win over Bala Town.

We have now gone full time and were unlucky to lose in the Champions League first qualifier, going out to Sparta Prague on away goals after they scored in the 118th minute. 

I also made it to the group stage of the Europa League last season so the money from that has been invested in upgrading the training facilities for the seniors and youth, increased scouting range and data analysis facilities. Still have a shot of making the group stage again this season.

• Like 3

On 27/02/2018 at 13:59, Nelson said:

In my quest to raise the Welsh Premier League to one of the top leagues, I'm well on my way as the reputation has risen from 1 star to 1.5. Went into the last day of the season with Bangor City, 2 points off the top with TNS in first and playing TNS at home. They go 1-0 up early on, I level it but they regain their lead before I equalise a 2nd time with a free kick right on half time. 5 minutes into the 2nd half, I go in front for the first time but my lead only lasted 5 minutes before an own goal made it 3-3. After that the match was pretty even until the last 15 minutes when we started pushing for a winner which came 5 minutes from time from 18 year-old newgen Tim Newell who I got on a free from Cardiff Met Uni with his 25th of the season to win the title 2 seasons in a row. 3 days later, I make it a league and cup double with a 2-0 win over Bala Town.

We have now gone full time and were unlucky to lose in the Champions League first qualifier, going out to Sparta Prague on away goals after they scored in the 118th minute. 

I also made it to the group stage of the Europa League last season so the money from that has been invested in upgrading the training facilities for the seniors and youth, increased scouting range and data analysis facilities. Still have a shot of making the group stage again this season.

Failed to make the group stage, losing to PSV in the final qualifying round. Can take pride though as the aggregate score was 4-3 which included a 2-1 win in the Philips Stadion.

Tough start to the league campaign with 1 win and 3 draws in my opening 4 which I put down to the number of new (full-time) players settling in. After that, I win the 7 of the next 8 with one draw so back at the top of the table.

Suppose it's time to start a new game now that the patch is out. Hopefully they've tweaked some things in the match engine seen as though one of the mini updates killed my Coventry City game off completely <_<

16 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

Suppose it's time to start a new game now that the patch is out. Hopefully they've tweaked some things in the match engine seen as though one of the mini updates killed my Coventry City game off completely <_<

I absolutely romped to the title as Fulham on pr0s transfer updates. The official patch? Fulham are shit >_>