Football Manager 2018

Lineker

I think they should have included a 'ultrahard Brexit' where you're forced to play 44fucking2 and every striker has to be at least 18 stone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I think they should have included a 'ultrahard Brexit' where you're forced to play 44fucking2 and every striker has to be at least 18 stone.

How is that any different from my current game?

Choose you half-time 'team talk'

• Steak Pie
  • Chip Butty
  • 20 Benson & Hedges
  • Lager and Black
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gazz said:

Thanks. I'm now going to have to go and watch Mike Bassett England Manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, stokerino said:

I can't wait for the post-Brexit UK edition of FIFA, where Adebayo Akinfewa is the featured player on the box art.

That should've happened already to be fair. Although there'd be no room for the FIFA logo if Bayo was filling the page.

• Like 1

Is it my imagination or do strikers tend to boot the ball well wide, sometimes for a throw in, when they are shooting? I've not noticed this in previous versions. Or it might be my team of donkeys in League One. But I've noticed the opposition do it too.

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

That should've happened already to be fair. Although there'd be no room for the FIFA logo if Bayo was filling the page.

Boom boom boom, lemme hear ya say Bayo, Bayo.

Love me some Fenwa.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Interesting that your goalkeeper got an 8.0 rating after conceding five goals.

This was one of his saves

I guess the game judges that saving 5 out of 10 is somehow spectacularly better than saving 2 out of 13.

There's too many weirdly high scoring games on this, the number of games I've seen that are like 5-3, 6-5, 6-4 or something. Starts to look like a set of tennis. THEY'VE DONE IT! THEY'VE TAKEN THE FIRST SET 7-5!

ALSO.

Advise me. I'm not desperate for a left back, but just browsing around looking for defenders I found this guy

leBZgNZ.png

23 and in their U19's for some reason, think he was on loan or something, but is it worth seeing if I could get this guy on the cheap? Maybe they don't know he's there, just wandering around the training ground like "hey, who's that guy?".

Update: They want £10.5m. Tempting

Update 2: Bid accepted, contract accepted, work permit rejected :(N):

zYZQPBFYDBdR.gif

Moving on. I want an additional centre back, everyone I've tried to get has been met with "WE WANT £200M!" Haven't actually tried bidding for this guy yet but

IfPXrmM.png

He looks promising and somehow simultaneously I'd have a few concerns over his mental attributes. Also he looks about 12 which is disconcerting. Has anyone bought him or anything before?

I wanted to loan to some kid from Bayern, but since you can't loan players under 18 apparently, I instead offered to buy him for £1m with a buy-back of £1m which in my mind seemed the perfect solution.

Their response? "Give us £100m with a buy-back of £120m"

qlIHJ8R.gif

Spoiler

We had a good week that week

034B39F8A857DEC02767D0F26FEE5171E78DD302

Not fair! I couldn't vote for the player of the year!!

56CEE939F0F48685FC8030362CC32BC85F5D8CDB

Put in spoilers due to screenshots

• Like 1