Football Manager 2018

Lineker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, I mean, that's not the strongest Europa group either but they averaged 5-0 over the six games.

What formation are they using? :shifty:

Playing the 13/14 season as Norwich on FM12 and I've just noticed that both of my league games against Man Utd are back to back, 4 days apart, in early February. I've had back to back games against the same team before but that's only ever been league-cup combos. Anyone ever had that on any FM game before? I can't imagine it happens too often.

Managing in Brazil is quite irritating. I haven't really had to sign anyone for years cause I had a really good, young squad, but I kind of want to freshen up the squad and rebuild it again just to keep things fresh for myself. But it's fucking impossible to sell anybody for any kind of decent fee. I have players that, if I was playing in Europe I'd easily get upwards of £40m more, but since I'm Santos teams seemingly won't go higher than £15m for pretty much anybody. 

I have Cristian Pavon who's last five seasons have been like this;

0pZN4rU.png

He's also won the World Cup with Argentina, and a bunch of other awards and competitions.

Most any team has ever offered for him is £17m.

Meanwhile! In Europe!

giphy.gif

UjwufgK.png

Shit off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'The fans feel justified in their criticism of the signing of Alfie Miete'

Alfie Miete, who signed for me on an amateur contract, made his league debut, scored and then suffered a spinal injury that will keep him out for nine to fourteen months.

Fans are dicks.

• Like 2

So, I got bored of managing in Brazil and having 600 games a season. Decided to start a new game with the usual starting unemployed and holidaying to the middle of the season.

19M6bBj.png

Southampton seems like a challenge.

tumblr_lpmvceeHdN1r10t78o1_500.gif

Genuinely not sure the season is even salvageable at this point. They sacked Pellegrino in late November, it's January 1st now. Get yourselves together.

Signed Shinji Okazaki on a free for us in my fifth season at Orient, second season in the Championship. By December he is fed up with warming the bench because he has been a bit shit so asked to be put on the transfer list. I say yes and then 3 clubs have made a bid. Never seen that before.

Anyway, think I made a few quid on him.

7 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Yeah, I've seen that happen a couple of times. Nice addition to actually have something result from people asking to leave. Think you get a few when you ask them to speak to clubs themselves too.

But it was literally as soon as I said I'd try and find him a new club. Hit the button and then BAM three offers from Japanese clubs.

Nah, just seems that snapshotting the screen on my MacBook results in huge pictures for some reason.

Also, I've just been amused to find I have Stuart Taylor in my reserves. Still going strong. And by strong I mean 37 years old and still hasn't cracked 100 league appearances.