Sign in to follow this  
Gazz

FIFA 18

Gazz    47,097

Demo is out.

MadJack    3,601

And the demo is... okay, I guess? Through balls and pacey forwards seem like they'll be more important than last year, although I can't tell as offline often doesn't mirror Ultimate Team all that well. The pitch degrading is kinda cool but they seem to have gone back to a sort of mid to late 00s presentation style with the change to Frostbite - the Bernabeu seems almost artificially lit in the demo.

Also wtf is this shit:

DJiMFOKXUAAhiHE.jpg:large 

Arjen Robben    6,271

Futwiz sounds like a character from A Christmas Carol. 

"Ah, here he is now! Fezziwig's assistant, Futwiz!"

• Like 1

Gazz    47,097

That Bruno card was the same on 17, it's because his stats are either brilliant or shit, like how his absolutely awful crossing ability cancels out his superb passing abilities.

Paton    414

The "face to face" contract negotiations in Career Mode, are they only for high profile players or for all players?

Adam    4,898
11 minutes ago, Paton said:

The "face to face" contract negotiations in Career Mode, are they only for high profile players or for all players?

Every player in the game has a character model, so I'm assuming it's for them all.

9 to 5    11,384

The three different positions and stats/different height/weight slots for your pro player is an update I never knew I wanted so badly.

Gazz    47,097

I can finally realise my dream of having a short, stocky holding midfielder, a not quite as short, stocky holding midfielder and an average height, stocky holding midfielder.

• Like 2

Chris2K    3,699
3 hours ago, MadJack said:

Through balls and pacey forwards seem like they'll be more important than last year,

I genuinely didn't think it could be possible for pacey forwards to be more important than they already were, but I guess that's mirroring the real life Premier League where Ahmed Musa bangs in 25+ goals a season and Harry Kane scores 4 goals in 29 appearances.

MadJack    3,601
54 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I genuinely didn't think it could be possible for pacey forwards to be more important than they already were, but I guess that's mirroring the real life Premier League where Ahmed Musa bangs in 25+ goals a season and Harry Kane scores 4 goals in 29 appearances.

I mean, 17 and 16 were games where if you stuck it out with a passing non pacey game you could succeed. 14 and 15? Not so much. It feels like its going back to those days. *shrug*

Liam Mk2    1,602

I tried the demo yesterday and I'm still not liking it.

Last year was the first time since FIFA10 that I switched back to PES, and this year will be the same. PES has really overtaken FIFA in terms of gameplay at this point. The shooting mechanics feel like they've gone backwards to FIFA 08 territory. 

I get a sense that EA are too focused on the whole Ultimate Team aspect and the gameplay has just fallen behind. 

The re-emergence of that Random Selection mode completely sells PES to me this year.

MadJack    3,601

Honestly, I played the PES demo and wasn't too impressed. Seems like it might two weak entries - and considering Konami no longer gives a fuck about video games, I see Pro Evo going down the toilet again in the near future.

MDK    19,570

Have they actually bothered to update the PC version of PES this year? Last year it was just the PS3/Xbox 360 version that was ported. 

metalman    14,746

have they got the Scottish lower leagues yet?

MDK    19,570
1 hour ago, Just Relegated said:

Next year it'll only be released as a Pachinko game. 

I had to google that. At first I thought it was just the next big player Nerf reckons will sign for Liverpool in the winter transfer window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MDK    19,570
27 minutes ago, Just Relegated said:

Yeah, 2-2 vs Sevilla

34 minutes ago, MDK said:

I had to google that. At first I thought it was just the next big player Nerf reckons will sign for Liverpool in the winter transfer window.

Well, Pachinko did just follow a local kebab shop on his Instagram.

• Like 3

MDK    19,570
1 minute ago, King Jaffellis Joffer said:

Well, Pachinko did just follow a local kebab shop on his Instagram.

Did he order the lamb or chicken doner? Important stuff.

22 hours ago, MDK said:

Did he order the lamb or chicken doner? Important stuff.

Is kind of a moot point considering its all Alsation meat anyway. 

9 to 5    11,384

It feels faster without making the pace of players any more increased.