FIFA 18

Gazz

And the demo is... okay, I guess? Through balls and pacey forwards seem like they'll be more important than last year, although I can't tell as offline often doesn't mirror Ultimate Team all that well. The pitch degrading is kinda cool but they seem to have gone back to a sort of mid to late 00s presentation style with the change to Frostbite - the Bernabeu seems almost artificially lit in the demo.

Also wtf is this shit:

DJiMFOKXUAAhiHE.jpg:large 

I can finally realise my dream of having a short, stocky holding midfielder, a not quite as short, stocky holding midfielder and an average height, stocky holding midfielder.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MadJack said:

Through balls and pacey forwards seem like they'll be more important than last year,

I genuinely didn't think it could be possible for pacey forwards to be more important than they already were, but I guess that's mirroring the real life Premier League where Ahmed Musa bangs in 25+ goals a season and Harry Kane scores 4 goals in 29 appearances.

54 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I genuinely didn't think it could be possible for pacey forwards to be more important than they already were, but I guess that's mirroring the real life Premier League where Ahmed Musa bangs in 25+ goals a season and Harry Kane scores 4 goals in 29 appearances.

I mean, 17 and 16 were games where if you stuck it out with a passing non pacey game you could succeed. 14 and 15? Not so much. It feels like its going back to those days. *shrug*

I tried the demo yesterday and I'm still not liking it.

Last year was the first time since FIFA10 that I switched back to PES, and this year will be the same. PES has really overtaken FIFA in terms of gameplay at this point. The shooting mechanics feel like they've gone backwards to FIFA 08 territory. 

I get a sense that EA are too focused on the whole Ultimate Team aspect and the gameplay has just fallen behind. 

The re-emergence of that Random Selection mode completely sells PES to me this year.

1 hour ago, Just Relegated said:

Next year it'll only be released as a Pachinko game. 

I had to google that. At first I thought it was just the next big player Nerf reckons will sign for Liverpool in the winter transfer window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1