FIFA 18

Gazz

World Class is awful. I find the trick to Legendary is to just play a very passing-oriented game. If I rush it they can be brutal on the counter but if I'm patient enough the gaps open and you'll break through. It gets easier when you have a goal or two since they'll push on a bit and the gaps open more.

Pretty much. The key to Legendary is to get the first goal. If you're winning at around the 70th minute, the AI will go all out attack and throw a centre back upfront, so I just switch to counter attack and pick them off and 1-0 at the 70th minute becomes 4/5-0 at full time.

That being said, I was playing my first SB game of the day earlier, winning 5-1 and I was just so fucking bored. Barely any of my goals ever feel rewarding, it's generally always the same, play laterally till the full back nonsensically rushes into the middle of the pitch and knock a through ball around the corner for a low driven finish across the keeper or get a centre back faced up one on one, fake shot which causes them to run 10 yards in the wrong direction, clean through for the low driven at an angle or a finesse if you're in front of goal. There's no crosses, no headers, no free kicks, no volleys and no long shots.

Scoring goals that feel rewarding, or the lack of them, has always been an issue in FIFA. Gradually though, there's been much more variety to goals you can score in recent years. There's still certain situations that lead to goals more than others, but I have my fair share of worldie strikes to go along with the standard FIFA types. 

Determined to have another crack at the battles from tomorrow. My problem is, I see my nephew on a Monday and Tuesday so we usually team up and do UT seasons instead, meaning I don't get time to fit them in on those days. With the weekend so demanding, missing any on weekdays just makes the whole thing pointless as it'll be tough to get higher than Gold if you only play half of the matches.

I stepped up to World Class (gimme a break, I'm shit at this) and I am going old school. I have a 6'8" targetman up front (Traore) and some speedy little bugger. I'm actually getting goals from crosses and corners!

This is the first week I've managed to get every game played, probably. Just done the 8am reset and I'm about 100 points into the Elite 2 mark so should hopefully finish there if I finish all the other games. Won't have a serious go next week since I've already lost Monday and Friday to gigs.

It's raining TOTW players for me, just got Zakaria Labyad in my last pack!

No idea who he is, sorry Eredivisie fans.

Also there's a Germany/France SBC live which is very easy to complete if you have those nationalities in your club, plus they're fetching huge money on the market.

11 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Also there's a Germany/France SBC live which is very easy to complete if you have those nationalities in your club, plus they're fetching huge money on the market.

*strokes beard* hmmm....

I've had a break from Ultimate team this week after an awful start during the first few days. Hopefully next week get back to winning ways!

Managed to get Elite 2, that nets 25k and two mega packs. Not that they turned out to be too great. Got Juanfran from one so that's a nice RB for my fabled La Liga team that's never comes to life. Then Gundongan, Henderson and some German goalie from the other. The first two would be nice for my Prem team but I'm set for CM so sold the two Germans for about 20k total. Not the worst outcome I suppose. 

Got my squad battles done for the day, 5/5. (H)

Really don't know how many I'll get done throughout the week though, but it does seem like around 20,000pts in total will get you something decent even if you can't get them played. 

Not a lot in my free jumbo gold packs today - Naby Keita 83 was my best pull, and if this was next season in his PL card, I would've got far more than the 800 coins this one got me. <_<

Won 4/5 on squad battles today. The one loss was to Sterling's team on pens. 

I won a game 7-3, 6-0, 6-1 and an extra time 3-2 win.

Up to 10,988 points after 1 day of legendary so put myself in a really good position right away. 

10 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Won 4/5 on squad battles today. The one loss was to Sterling's team on pens. 

I won a game 7-3, 6-0, 6-1 and an extra time 3-2 win.

Up to 10,988 points after 1 day of legendary so put myself in a really good position right away. 

I am a good thousand behind you. Most of my games were won by the odd goal. It makes a lot of difference if you can smash sides. Still, over the week as a whole, getting these narrow wins should see me alright.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jericode said:

SBC luck was on point today, got PTG Pastore from the International team one and the Gold Rare Plus one just now got me an 88-rated Bonucci (H)

this is bullshit 

Lanzini was my standout player from the packs I got.  

stop being so selfish & let me pack something 

I noticed yesterday but the goals the AI score range from really shit such as keeper making a save for a tap in, penalties that are given when you don't click any buttons and the player falls to the floor up to 15 quick passes and a goal.

Doesn't seem to be a middle ground 

Oh also feels like if you get to pens, the AI will win. 

The game makes me feel so shit at pens. I had one game where the first 4 were scored between the two of us but then the next 8 were missed. I tend to miss alot on individual ones too. Though, that's just been Cesc recently, Chicharito and Morata have scored some.