FIFA 18

Gazz

Nice to see sweat is back and in full force again. Second round of the DKT, won the first game comfortably 4-1. Up against a 4-1-2-1-2, Vardy and Musa up top, Sturridge at CAM, Sane LM, Salah RM. I play 4-2-2-2 with two CDMs.

Recognised they were going to have one method of attack, spamming through balls, so went defensive straight away to sit a bit deeper. Couldn't stop it, 0-3 down inside 15 minutes, sliced through my backline, Vardy in behind, low driven shot across the keeper. Pointless.

Trying out a quicker way of grinding coins by searching for just one player and selling them on rather than just buying whatever I can find. Only made about 500 coins on this run but the previous hour I sold 10 Baccas for 900 coins each after buying them for 450 each. The bigger bulk probably isn't working in my favour.

13 hours ago, Jericode said:

I've said it plenty already but seriously, bronze packs.

I still have little luck with that bronze pack method. Just seem to get lucky with gold packs instead  haha. 

I've been okay this week due to the Marquee Matchups. I seem to have an abundance of A League and J League players. So I've been buying silver and bronze packs with them as the players should help for me completing the hybrid leagues etc. 

Four A-League players sold for 10k each. Lovely. I lucked out because I bought some players a couple of weeks ago due to the Melbourne vs Sydney game that didn't get chosen as a marquee matchup.

I just played a game without nets. Ended 4-4.

• Like 4

This game is wank. The original build was overpowered towards attacking, with shots going in from everywhere. This build is the total opposite end of the spectrum, any yard of space you eke out is immediately rendered pointless by a ridiculous autoblock from the defender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

OTW Sigurdsson got an upgrade this week (H)

Now for the debate of cashing out for at least double my money or just keeping the improved card and hope for more...

Depends on how much he may go for and your need for coins / building a squad. If you can get a good amount and you need to still build some squads I'd possibly go for it. But you could end up with a good player you could use that could sell for more later on in the season. 

Well with the hype for the Purple Hero Card he's going more or less maximum BIN, which is about 100k I think. I'm leaning towards just keeping it since I reckon he'll pick up another one or two once Everton wake up and find some form. Plus with Iceland qualified he's guaranteed a few games at the World Cup if they release any special cards for that.

Yep, I'm throwing the towel in with this year's game. Whatever it is they've done to the physical mechanics of the gameplay has utterly ruined it for me, none of my players are ever capable of holding off a jostle or tackle anymore, in fact they hardly ever even try to stop it. That lunge motion they've added to the standing tackle button is stupid beyond belief, and no matter how well I carve out a chance in or around the box a defender is always there to put in some miracle block.

Add to all of that they have literally left the entire game off the pitch exactly the same as last years, and I'm done. What a waste of time and money.