FIFA 18

Gazz

I was going to post at half-time 'I'm 1-0 up to a EPL sweat squad with Icon Larsson as ST and they've not had a shot, how will I lose this one?'

The answer was 'Matic will hit a shot that hits Larsson on the shoulder, which spins it in behind my defender like Bergkamp versus Dabizas and he'll no-look half volley finesse it'.

• Like 2

I'm not a good player by any stretch of the imagination, the other Dragons will tell you that but I do feel that about 25% of the goals I concede against the AI are ones where I actually make a mistake and are punished for it. Often, when I made a horrible mistake, the AI will miss the resulting easy chance. Then ten minutes later it play a driven pass from the backline and then finesse a 30 yarder into the top corner, going from defence to goal in about four seconds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'm not a good player by any stretch of the imagination, the other Dragons will tell you that but I do feel that about 25% of the goals I concede against the AI are ones where I actually make a mistake and are punished for it. Often, when I made a horrible mistake, the AI will miss the resulting easy chance. Then ten minutes later it play a driven pass from the backline and then finesse a 30 yarder into the top corner, going from defence to goal in about four seconds.

Happy to back you up here teammate :)

• Sad 1

Is there a way to see how many games you've played for the week? I'm in Gold 1, can't imagine I'll make it into Elite before the night is over, but feel like I've not played a ton this week.

Whilst I'm here, this is my team that I've been sprinkling with a few moderate purchases.

GK: Cech/Bravo
CB: Matip/Sakho
CB: Cahill/Keane
CB: Mustafi/Otamendi
CDM: Fabregas/Schneiderlin
CDM: Iborra/Xhaka
LM: Coutinho/Arnautovic
CAM: David Silva/Mata
RM: Bernado Silva/Shaqiri
ST: Hernandez/Antonio
ST: Costa/Sturridge

Not sure what else to do next. I can make a few alterations in defence as the likes of Vertonghen/Kompany aren't overly expensive. Azpilacueta would be nice for the whole Spanish thing but I think he's up towards 40/50k. Was thinking of putting Herrera in CDM alongside Fabregas but Iborra is pretty good right now. Might get Mkhytarian on the right, was looking at maybe Firminho or Morata up front. Or I could save up a bit and get Kane. For now, Chicharito is doing the job.

I've been meaning to try a 4-4-2 actually since there's so many teams that do 4-3-3. Have Clyne from a pack so just need to get a LB.

EDIT: Some interesting stuff from my packs. TotW Mooy who I might just throw a defensive chem on and start using as one of my CDMs. Sterling, could use him as my back up RM or maybe try a 4-3-3. Plus a couple of useful players for my on/off La Liga team. I started one as I got an untradable Carrasco and Inigo Martinez but sold it all off during this marquee matchup. Got Bruno and Jose Giminez here so it's back on for now.

Cannot complain about my 2 Mega packs at all.

First one, Carvajal 84 - not worth a lot, but he fits into my team as the best RB. Also had Icardi 84 and Tolisso 82 who should fetch 10k between them.

2nd pack, Leroy Sane 82. Should get 30k+ from him. Not a whole lot else to go with him, but still a good pull.

Following my sales yesterday, I've amassed enough coins for Bale!

But, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Bale is roughly 520k. Looking at the market today, for just less than that, I could get...

Griezmann 310k (ST's Bakambu and Gameiro)
Kroos 70k (CDM's N'zonzi and Saul)
Dembele 59k (RM Inaki Williams and Castillejo)
Godin 40k
Pique 33k (CB's Gimenez and Laporte)

What should I do?

I know I won't be playing much this week, so I'm considering holding on to see if those guys drop in price further.

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

Following my sales yesterday, I've amassed enough coins for Bale!

But, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Bale is roughly 520k. Looking at the market today, for just less than that, I could get...

Griezmann 310k (ST's Bakambu and Gameiro)
Kroos 70k (CDM's N'zonzi and Saul)
Dembele 59k (RM Inaki Williams and Castillejo)
Godin 40k
Pique 33k (CB's Gimenez and Laporte)

What should I do?

I know I won't be playing much this week, so I'm considering holding on to see if those guys drop in price further.

I'd go for the wider squad approach and don't just look at the higher overall rating. Only thing I regret after selling De Bruyne was not getting a better striker than Firmino. 

I'd definitely get Kroos though. 

• Like 2