FIFA 18

Gazz

4 wins out of 4 today. 1-0, 2-0, 4-4 (won 4-2 on pens...HOLY SHIT I BEAT THE AI IN A PEN SHOOTOUT!!!) and a 2-1 win in the 90th minute. 

That leaves me on 18,426 and sitting comfortably in Elite 2 (bout 1000 odd shy of Elite 1) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

4 wins out of 4 today. 1-0, 2-0, 4-4 (won 4-2 on pens...HOLY SHIT I BEAT THE AI IN A PEN SHOOTOUT!!!) and a 2-1 win in the 90th minute. 

That leaves me on 18,426 and sitting comfortably in Elite 2 (bout 1000 odd shy of Elite 1) 

If you can get to Friday with only a few more defeats maximum, I think you'll definitely push into Elite 1 over the weekend providing you play them all. I've found that the points don't seem to jump too drastically during the overnight sets, so playing them means you can make up any lost ground. 

Ideally I need to be 4/4 today. Playing them this evening.

I got hammered by a team on Legendary last night, only 82 rated but somehow had Ronaldinho, Rui Costa, Matthaus and a few other big names. At one point they scored a goal where they passed the ball four times and took the shot in the space of three seconds which to me seems physically impossible.

Another 3/1 day. I beat the 82, 85 and 86 rated teams, and the one loss came against the 81 rated team. Bloody typical. Went 1-0 down early, and just couldn't deal with their ping pong passing and Sterling/Musa up front. :/

Still, I'm at 23k points in Elite 2 and looking at the current points, when tomorrow's set starts, I should still be there. At this point I'd take another 3/1 Day tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

The team ratings are irrelevant since they get dragged down by filling the bench with bronze players.

Oh I know that. But generally, the ratings are accurate. The 86 rated side had a front 4 of Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Aubameyang. Shit chemistry though.

I did play an 82 or 83 rated team a few weeks ago which was filled with superstars but had a bronze bench.

2/2 so far (although one was a penalty win so got 1700 odd points for that compared to the 2000 odd for the 2-0 win). Having a break with The Apprentice then I'll do the other two games 

Completed that Game of Nations SBC...Saw the things pop up at the side and a blank black card thinking OOO IT'LL BE A GOOD TOTW

Nah...Still sticking with the getting the worst player out of the TOTWs. This time i got Sadiku from the Polish league who is a 76 rated striker woohoo!!! <_<

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

This is the first time I've got a TOTW player since 14 when I got an IF Ashley Young. I am ecstatic. 

I had a similar situation with the TOTW De Bruyne I got quite early on with this FIFA. Think the last really good card I got in a pack was Chiellini on FIFA 15

This FIFA has just been a filthy tease though since De Bruyne, If I get a TOTW card it seems to be the worst player for that weak. I've got some guy from Carlisle, some RWB from the Belgium league, that Albanian striker from the Polish league and I got a Hilton card from the French League who's the best one I still have yet is only an 82.  

4/5 on Monday 
4/4 yesterday
3/4 today. 

Today's result on Squad battles were a 2-2 draw but I won 3-2 on pens to net 1708 points, a 2-0 win to net 2026 points, a 3-0 loss to gain a whopping 297 points and a 2-0 to gain 2084 points.

11 wins out of 13 puts me on 24,541 points so I've just crept into Elite 2 which is currently at 23,546. Basically gotta keep up the run of form of getting at least 3 wins each day to hopefully finish in Elite 2 and possibly by a miracle push into Elite 1. I'm at the match on Saturday so will have to get my games in early  but this weekend will probably be the make or break. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Even with the pack luck I've had, curse you Myke :P

Best I got from the new SBC today was Carvajal, which is still better than Jimmy.

I actually did okay yesterday - did a load of the old SBC challenges with Hybrid Leagues or Hybrid Nations. Over like 6 or 7 packs, I got Cech, Miranda,  Carvajal, Pedro. 

And my first ever TOTW player...

...Alcacer. Worth a grand total of about 13k. Ended up using him in the Rui Costa SBC though, which I'm sure I'll never complete but hey. 

• Like 1

Made some alterations to my team. I noticed in the battles that Kroos was getting bullied in the CDM role, and N'zonzi has always been great for me there, so used some position modifiers (which fortunately I had handy) on taking Kroos to the CAM position, and Griezmann back to ST. He'd been ineffective at CAM, honestly.

Managed to sign Varane for 44.5k just now, so his pace at the back should help.

Honestly not sure who I'll save up for next. After this weeks battles, I could get Godin 88 or Oblak 88, but may well keep it and wait for someone even more expensive. Ramos 90 for 240k seems a bit steep though.

Screenshot_20171116-102022.png

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I actually did okay yesterday - did a load of the old SBC challenges with Hybrid Leagues or Hybrid Nations. Over like 6 or 7 packs, I got Cech, Miranda,  Carvajal, Pedro. 

And my first ever TOTW player...

...Alcacer. Worth a grand total of about 13k. Ended up using him in the Rui Costa SBC though, which I'm sure I'll never complete but hey. 

Did you see the Eriksson I got?

• Like 1