FIFA 18

Gazz

16 hours ago, Chris2K said:

It's a bit hit and miss at the moment, but during the time it was working I got a TOTW Pablo Perez from Boca Juniors. It's the first TOTW I've had in a long, long time.

Unfortunately nobody wants to buy the bugger.

Save it for when SBCs need a TOTW player.

Been trying this early access thing (last night and just now) but it's not having any of it. Can't even get past the start screen. 

Assuming it's server related as I got to do the little "wank off Ronaldo" free kick intro yesterday, but the game didn't load after that and hasn't since. I've closed it again now as it's just eating into the 10hrs I've got with the game. A quick search tells me others are having the same problem. 

I'll have to just keep logging in and wait till the game comes out to start making a team of any substance or making any real coins on it. 

Currently so far just through the packs I got when starting on the Webapp and some of the challenges I've got the spine for an okay Prem side.

CB: Huth and Dunk
DMC: Coquelin
MC: Delph
AMC: Afellay
ST: Berahino and Aguero (6 game loan) 

Been playing some more of the trial...

I like how the rain looks now. Always hated how the falling white pixels were so prominent from the main game camera. Even if it's raining quite heavily at a match, you can't always see it on the TV cam until there's a close up.

Not sure how many managers are in the game, and with sackings/changes this'll quickly become outdated, but they look good in this. Conceded a goal against Spurs, and Vertonghen darted towards the touchline and straight to Poch. Looked good.

I still find the gameplay to be quite clunky but you can't fault the presentation. Pre match PL graphics are top notch too.

Edit: Quick subs are brilliant as well.

Haven't put together a La Liga team in years on UT, so I've used the web app to do so now. Using the free loyalty packs it gave me as a returning player, I managed to get about 4/5k. 

Got Diego Lopez 83 as a GK. Sergi Roberto 81 is my RB, Halilovic 77 CAM, and Tello 77/Montero 78 on the wings (dat pace).

Need to do something about my CB's though. 79 and 80 rated, and the good news is they have 99 pace. The bad news is, that's between the pair of them.

Won't be able to do a lot else until I play some games to get coins in. Determined not to spend a penny on UT this year, the game itself is expensive enough.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Haven't put together a La Liga team in years on UT, so I've used the web app to do so now. Using the free loyalty packs it gave me as a returning player, I managed to get about 4/5k. 

Got Diego Lopez 83 as a GK. Sergi Roberto 81 is my RB, Halilovic 77 CAM, and Tello 77/Montero 78 on the wings (dat pace).

Need to do something about my CB's though. 79 and 80 rated, and the good news is they have 99 pace. The bad news is, that's between the pair of them.

Won't be able to do a lot else until I play some games to get coins in. Determined not to spend a penny on UT this year, the game itself is expensive enough.

Where did you get the loyalty packs? It said I got them as a returning player but within my packs it only had my 1st jumbo premium pack and the Ronaldo loan card pack? 

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

Ummmm, using the Web app, it gave me 3 "all player packs" - 12 items in each, 4 bronze, silver and gold.

Yeh clocked on that I opened them in the web app. 

Got confused by the message coming up when I loaded the gsme and thought WHERE'S MY PACKS! Then realised I already opened them <_<

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I was so tempted by that Icon Edition earlier.

It's £79.99 on cdkeys (a tenner cheaper than the store), which is ridiculous but I will be playing UT after all, and come Friday I'll be putting down £60 on the standadd game.

Funny story. I wasn't  originally getting it. I preordered the wrong one on shopto and didn't clock on until I got charged 70 odd quid...

9 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Funny story. I wasn't  originally getting it. I preordered the wrong one on shopto and didn't clock on until I got charged 70 odd quid...

I went and fucking did it. I'm off work for a few days now, so it's downloading and I'll be able to play it all day tomorrow. Only way I could justify it to myself is that after spending 55 on the game last year, I imagine I spent more overall than the £80 I just paid, factoring in UT packs etc.

Plus I don't buy many games. Still feel a bit guilty mind. :shifty: