FIFA 18

Gazz

39 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Anyone know if there's a button for AI pressure in Pro clubs? We've lost 6-1 and 5-1 in the first two games, AI defence is just letting them waltz through, no pressure, no tackles, no tracking, jogging back when countered, leaving like 4 attackers versus 2 defenders.

Last year it was the same as for AI pressure in other games.

16 minutes ago, Meacon said:

So what's the opinion on this this year? I usually grab FIFA every three or four years, but I've also heard that PES is and has been the better game for a few years now. Thoughts?

Last year's Pro Evo was good if you wanted a more tactical game of football - from what I played of this years demo, it's more arcadey and closer to FIFA in terms of how the games played, just different things are overpowered (through balls in PES, crosses in FIFA).

It's the Push/Pull thing that I was on about earlier, that you do with Circle but I kep doing lunging tackles instead. I'm pretty good at getting clean tackles in if I'm face-on, but if the opponent is attacking the box from the side I'm struggling.

Never known a Fifa game to be so obviously buggy graphically on release day, although I'm sure I've just been lucky in the past. My favourites so far have been the ball floating above a player's head as he walks off the pitch at the end of the game, and, in a distracting but hilarious bug, the referee in a Career Mode game having a white head and an entirely black body :lol:

Won 5 out of 5 in Ultimate Team so far with my JOB squad consisting of English bronze players, and a few gold's from my free packs. J.Ayew, Shawcross, Daniels and Bradley Wright-Phillips.

The most bizarre moment was playing an offline match just for the daily challenge. The AI when down to 9 men. Both conceding a penalty each time. The second time it was the keeper who got sent off... so they stuck El Shaarway in goal... who miraculously saved my penalty!!

Of course i then proceeded to stick 4 past him in the remaining time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Never known a Fifa game to be so obviously buggy graphically on release day, although I'm sure I've just been lucky in the past. My favourites so far have been the ball floating above a player's head as he walks off the pitch at the end of the game, and, in a distracting but hilarious bug, the referee in a Career Mode game having a white head and an entirely black body :lol:

I've only ever got one glitch in the recent FIFA's but it was a goodie. 50/50 tackle on the half way line, one player ends up getting booted off the pitch via the goal. It was an online game as well so I bet the person was fuming.

• Like 1

I've resigned myself to knowing I'll never qualify for the weekend league because I'll face someone who has an 88 rated team and gets a stuffy win in the semis or the final... <_<

Also. One thing I hate about squad battles. It feels like the AI will always score against me off every shot they have 

Squad battles, anything above Professional and I get rinsed, I just can't defend yet, keep rushing challenges and missing them leading to easy goals. I seem to have the attacking side down though, every game is 3-2, 4-3, 3-5.

21 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Squad battles, anything above Professional and I get rinsed, I just can't defend yet, keep rushing challenges and missing them leading to easy goals. I seem to have the attacking side down though, every game is 3-2, 4-3, 3-5.

Same, I haven't adjusted to the new defending yet, Professional is my limit at the moment.

On 29/09/2017 at 14:25, Baddar said:

Come watch me try to get Cultural Leonesa to La Liga for the first time since the 50's!

Brought in a couple of loanees, and managed to sign Reiss Nelson from Arsenal for a mil.

"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Yeah. No idea what the fuck is happening there, either way I can still view all 3 broadcasts myself which is all I really need it for.

I think maybe I have to mute all the songs or stop them from playing altogether...

I know people were having issues with their videos being removed when showing the new PL intro graphics. 

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Yeah. No idea what the fuck is happening there, either way I can still view all 3 broadcasts myself which is all I really need it for.

I think maybe I have to mute all the songs or stop them from playing altogether...

I know people were having issues with their videos being removed when showing the new PL intro graphics. 

I wasn't going to watch it anyway

• Haha 1

So far this game feels like a waste of money. It seems to be the least developed Fifa game I've played in some years, what have they actually changed? Does a whole year of development purely lead to "The Journey 2"? None of the fairly small things that needed improving about the gameplay or the career mode have been addressed, hell career mode is exactly the same as last year just with a different colour scheme. I lost a game 2-1 at Chelsea because I tried to play a short pass forward to Rooney, but Baines stood in his way and tripped him up, allowing them to take the ball and break to score within two passes. Why does shit like that continue to plague this game series after all this time?

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

download.jpg

Well this is always my assumption but I don't understand why Ultimate Team takes so much focus, as in I don't understand what's so complicated about developing and maintaining it, since I've never played it. It's about time they make it a separate bloody game altogether, or at least have two totally independent teams developing FUT and the rest of the game.