FIFA 18

Gazz

5 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I got a some guy from Carlisle out of a premium silver players pack from a SBC. I don't think its a TOTW card so i don't know if it is worth keeping him?

Same with the TOTW Hilton I got earlier on if I can't sell him? 

There's usually SBCs that require TOTW so you could keep him for them.

FUT Investment tip if you have spare coins at the moment, Liverpool vs Man Utd is on 14th October, almost certain to be a Marquee matchup. Invest in Sergio Romero's, they're currently going for 350-400 coins. You're bound to need a keeper for a SBC, Karius and Mingolet are both rares and DDG is way too expensive to use, so everyone may be forced to use Romero.

36 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I would say if 17 is on Access, and you aren't a massive football fan meaning the updated squads aren't a big deal, play 17. You'll feel enough of a difference compared to 14 I reckon.

17 was the switch over to Frostbite yeah? That'd likely be why it felt so much different.

Only gone and bagged Christian Eriksen in a pack haven't I (H)

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

Made 2850 off one Bronze player :P

I have sold a total of two bronze cards...both for 150 coins <_<

I'd have sympathy but you just said you packed Christian Eriksen :P

Just keep trying, I've made profit on literally every Bronze pack I've purchased. Hell, my worst profit on a pack is 174 coins. I've made over 1000 on 6 occasions. I even got 950 in profit off of a Bronze gift pack I got as the daily log in bonus, and there's only four items in those :P 

• Like 1

Second attempt ended 4-6. There just doesn't seem to be anything you can do to stop a CB charging out like a knob if the ball is within 25 yards of the goal, if you control one, the other does it and I'm playing with 35 pressure and cover.

Im seriously considering trading this in and going back to 17, it's doing my head in. On top of the fact that the entire game is exactly the same as last year in terms of features and lay-out (I know this is often a complaint for games like this, but I do just feel like they've made nothing better so far) the few minor tweaks to gameplay are just infuriating me. Whenever any of my players try to physically compete for a ball, they lose easily. Any time they run with the ball they don't even need to be tackled to lose it, and AI goalkeepers just save everything. Plus the AI of my own team mates is constantly just stupid beyond belief, running into me when I've got the ball, letting a simple pass bounce off them, and so on and so forth.

Just feels like a massive waste of money at this stage and I've only had it what, five days?

35 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Second attempt ended 4-6. There just doesn't seem to be anything you can do to stop a CB charging out like a knob if the ball is within 25 yards of the goal, if you control one, the other does it and I'm playing with 35 pressure and cover.

I feel your pain. I can seem to do alright in Seasons matches but when it comes to Weekend League or Online Draft....just destined to lose. With the weekend league qualifiers I may get lucky and get to the quarter final  :( 

I know what you mean though about the defenders. Some of the goals I concede are frustrating because I can see what they want to do but I know there's nothing I can do to stop it because the game is going to make a defender charge out like a headless chicken leaving so much space for them to just knock it into. 

I've always kinda defending using jockeying and waiting for the opposition to make a move and then step forward, I can't seem to play like that on this anymore :( 

I defend the same way, jockey, see what the attacker is going for and attempt to react, but giving half a yard of space inside 25 yards from goal is now suicide. It seems like they've taken the feedback from last year that it was too easy to just let the AI do your defending for you but have gone completely towards the other end of the spectrum too. I understand that they want to make one on one defending a skill in the game, but they don't seem to have grasped that defending is something that is done as a unit, the best defender in the world will get destroyed if his fellow defenders aren't doing their bit. They need to find a balance where you can defend the ball carrier without having to also try and simultaneously defend one or two runners since your defenders aren't picking them up.

• Like 1

I think I've figured out this defending lark. Heavy use of the L2/LT button to cover the space while you press with your team mate with R1/RB button and either intercepting the pass or quickly switching to the pressing player when you get a chance to tackle. Its quite hard work but I've managed to use it effectively, but as soon as I let up I concede a goal.

I somehow qualified for the weekend league. 

I resorted to some shithouse tactics at times but I did it. Tbh I deserved to win all 4 games on the basis of play but there were times where the person I was facing would get back into it by something such as a centre back made to lunge out of position by the AI or a shot rebounding of a post and hitting a player and going in. 

I've all but given up with this version. I was never amazing at it but I did okay in FUT/Seasons, usually in or around Div 5-6, but I just cant do anything in this one. I'm just not enjoying it at all.

• Like 1