FIFA 18

Gazz

4-2-2-2, it's the future.

Bellotti is an animal. Two footed, clinical finisher, quick, strong and good in the air.

17 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Damn you! 

I'm stuck in the mindset of he is boss so I should keep him or hope someone actually forks out 500,000 for him which would sort me out for a very long time. 

Finished my first season as Cultural Leonesa yesterday, and we got promoted via the play-offs! :D

Only expected to avoid relegation in La Liga, so hopefully I can achieve that with the squad I've got. I haven't been able to build too much on the one I had in the 2nd tier, mainly because most of the outlay for players was done back then. In terms of numbers, the squad size is about the same, but I have got rid of quite a few who weren't getting games in favour of bringing the youth prospects through.

My team;

GK Joel Pereira 76 (85+ pot, signed from United)

RB Carcelen 69 (was already here when I joined, and performed better than his rating suggested. Also scored a vital goal, his first, in the playoff semi)

CB Zuiverloon (the one player I knew when I first started. The wrong side of 30 now but did well in season 1. Has played in the PL)

CB Saenz (Jan 18 signing, missed a lot of the games through injury but has high potential)

LB Ryan Sessegnon (one of two summer signings, £3.2m from Fulham. 70 rated at 18 but should become a steal)

RM Reiss Nelson (got him from Arsenal at the start of my game, has grown from 59 to 69 in one season

CDM Ortiz (only 68 rated but another who did well last season, already a Leonesa player

CAM Angel Games (dirt cheap from United in season 1 due to his age and low rating, but one for the future)

LM Tete Morente (season 1 signing, still relatively young and time to grow further. Low 70's at the mo)

ST Roy Krishna (I wanted a quick striker in season 1 as I had no pace up front, and he fitted the criteria. 69 rated at 29, he still managed 14 goals and a massive 20 assists, so he'll be coming with me into La Liga for a year at least)

ST Kubilay (a young striker that a Turkish guy recommended to me while I was broadcasting one of my games. Turns out he was dirt cheap, good in the air at 6ft 3 and has high potential. No brainer) 

I have Brahim Diaz from Man City, Joe Riley from Utd (2nd year of his loan), Upamecano (a big CB who was my other summer signing) and Samu Delgado (a winger who was already here) in reserve. Not much by way of cover up front, but a couple of guys who were already at Leonesa to step in if needed, as well as the youth prospects.

If I can stay up and make a go of the Copa del Rey this season to get a Europa spot, I'd be very happy. My players should mostly have much better overall ratings in another year.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Finished my first season as Cultural Leonesa yesterday, and we got promoted via the play-offs! :D

Only expected to avoid relegation in La Liga, so hopefully I can achieve that with the squad I've got. I haven't been able to build too much on the one I had in the 2nd tier, mainly because most of the outlay for players was done back then. In terms of numbers, the squad size is about the same, but I have got rid of quite a few who weren't getting games in favour of bringing the youth prospects through.

My team;

GK Joel Pereira 76 (85+ pot, signed from United)

RB Carcelen 69 (was already here when I joined, and performed better than his rating suggested. Also scored a vital goal, his first, in the playoff semi)

CB Zuiverloon (the one player I knew when I first started. The wrong side of 30 now but did well in Season 1)

CB Saenz (Jan 18 signing, missed a lot of the games through injury but has high potential 

LB Ryan Sessegnon (one of two summer signings, £3.2m from Fulham. 70 rated at 18 but should become a steal)

RM Reiss Nelson (got him from Arsenal at the start of my game, has grown from 59 to 69 in one season

CDM Ortiz (only 68 rated but another who did well last season, already a Leonesa player

CAM Angel Games (dirt cheap from United in season 1 due to his age and low rating, but one for the future)

LM Tete Morente (season 1 signing, still relatively young and time to grow further. Low 70's at the mo)

ST Roy Krishna (I wanted a quick striker in season 1 as I had no pace up front, and he fitted the criteria. 69 rated at 29, he still managed 14 goals and a massive 20 assists, so he'll be coming with me into La Liga for a year at least)

ST Kubilay (a young striker that a Turkish guy recommended to me while I was broadcasting one of my games. Turns out he was dirt cheap, good in the air at 6ft 3 and has high potential. No brainer) 

I have Brahim Diaz from Man City, Joe Riley from Utd (2nd year of his loan), Upamecano (a big CB who was my other summer signing) and Samu Delgado (a winger who was already here) in reserve. Not much by way of cover up front, but a couple of guys who were already at Leonesa to step in if needed, as well as the youth prospects.

If I can stay up and make a go of the Copa del Rey this season to get a Europe spot, I'd be very happy. My players should mostly have much better overall ratings in another year.

Upamecano is a beast!

• Like 1

On 03/10/2017 at 22:15, Jericode said:

Just keep trying, I've made profit on literally every Bronze pack I've purchased. Hell, my worst profit on a pack is 174 coins. I've made over 1000 on 6 occasions. I even got 950 in profit off of a Bronze gift pack I got as the daily log in bonus, and there's only four items in those :P 

This bronze thing is working for me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jericode said:

See, even Myke can do it @Davidmarrio so it's evidently just you :P

I've sold a few items but not many :( 

Do you set a certain buy out fee on them or? I've still got about 40 things I keep relisting <_<

In other news. I hate the weekend league. Out of 11/12 games I have managed to win 4. Some games I've been the better team and lost, then there's been a few in which I've been bored to death by someone being determined to try and have 65% or more possession and others just downright destroyed. But all of the games have shown bits I hate about this FIFA in that they seem to have made it that every game needs to have a high scoreline...because your defenders will inevitably fuck up at some point.

I mean in real life you can have entertaining 0-0's or 1-0's, just feels like those scorelines don't exist on this game.

2 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Do you set a certain buy out fee on them or? I've still got about 40 things I keep relisting <_<

You aren't going to sell many kits or stadiums or players from Saudi Arabia. I click the compare price and see what the general price for it is and ballpark it from there.

Generally just 150/200BIN but always have a check to see what they sell for in case you find one with a higher price. I had a Bosnian La Liga striker sell for a grand and as I mentioned before, a random South Korean left back who had 80-odd pace got me nearly 3000 by himself :P 

Went up as champions with Sunderland, if you thought that was an overacheivement, James Vaughan ended the season with 21 goals and 15 assists, top of both lists. He'll probably not even be getting a game in the prem as I signed Mark Uth from Hoffenheim on a pre-contract. Started the new season and the board have given me 12mil to spend, I'm lucky I already lined up some free transfers and I have Khazri, Lens, Borini and Djilobodji coming back from loans as they are much better than what I have ratings wise. Finding it difficult to bring in any players right now. 

• Like 1

I got bored with hoarding in forms when half of them are just being used as underwhelming supersubs (except for Jurgen Locadia who is an absolute machine after the 60th minute) so I flogged a load of them off, somehow for profit, and started work on a proper Prem team.

GK: (Schmeicel)
RB: Clyne*
CB: Matip*
CB: Koscielny*
LB: Rose
CDM: Bakayoko
CM: Herrera
CM: Toure
RW: (Salah)
ST: (Morata)
LW: Son

People in brackets I haven't bought yet, people with stars are filling in to let me play games whilst I save for people I actually want. Ideally the defence will be Rose - Tobes - Vertonghen - Valencia but the other three aren't within my current budget. I think regular Morata is more or less extinct at the moment since he only seems to have OTW or TOTW cards so I don't know how much he'll actually cost me, but I dare say it'll be cheaper than Kane or Lukaku :P same reason I've picked Schmeicel for keeper, he's the best of the rest once you take out the expensive top three.

This is my cheap Prem team, originally I had intended to make a standard Gold team for people I could get for 350 a piece just to go through the Single Player stuff. Then, as I got some coins, I figured I'd upgrade since everyone is still really cheap anyway until you start getting into the mid 80's players.

GK: Bravo/Karnezis
CB: Williams/Keane
CB: Matip/Sakho
CB: Otamendi/Christensen
CDM: Roque Mesa/Krychowiak
CDM: Iborra/Xhaka
LM: Mirallas/Albrighton
CAM: Lanzini/Tadic/Affelay
RM: Shaqiri/Ayew
ST: Benteke/Austin (One of my original cards so useful to burn up his 45 contract)
ST: Chicharito/Islami

I have Jese as well but haven't used him yet. Was gonna have a Spanish midfield going on with Mesa/Iborra. I think Mata is relatively cheap for when I want to get him. Otamendi was my biggest steal here, don't know how I got him for only 1.1k. Played my first online seasons game and won 3-1. That was one of my weekly objectives and I got a 2 player pack from it, one of which was a TotW card. Only some Swedish striker from the German 2nd division so nothing too exciting.

The active team I'm playing with now does really well for Squad Battles but gets smashed whenever I play online, I'm putting it down to my lack of wingers.

GK: Leno
RB: Kimmich
CB: Sule
CB: IF Ginter
LB: Schmelzer
RCM: Camacho
CM: Keita
LCM: Forsberg
CAM: Asensio
ST: Rodrigo
ST: Perez