FIFA 18

Gazz

15 minutes ago, MadJack said:

That's not even approaching the likes of popular YouTubers and streamers who don't have the special accounts from EA. Tens of thousands is probably not an understatement for some of them.

A guy I watch on Twitch called Castro loaded up just over 400,000 FIFA points, which I reckon is worth roughly £2700. Of course, he's a popular streamer and it's his job, so he can write that off as a business expense, but still. He'll probably do this four or five times a year too when the big promotions are on.

They removed guest play from UT seasons and I'm a bit gutted. Me and my nephew play this way every year. Seems they've catered to the Youtubers who don't like it. Thing is, plenty enjoy playing as a two, and if you see somebody has a guest active in the squad screen, you can back out if you wish. There's loads of complaints over on their forums about this, but I can't see it being brought back, they'll just call it a new feature in 2019.

I played one game after my download became active at midnight and managed to lose 2-1 to the FUT Team of the Week.

Then I spent an hour on a Spurs career buying the usual array of young talent to develop. The cut scene negotiations are fun to begin with but soon become fairly repetitive.

Standing tackles, don't tap the button, hold it and after a second, you'll do a much stronger tackle. Seems to stop that thing where you tackle someone and the ball bounces straight back to the same player.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Standing tackles, don't tap the button, hold it and after a second, you'll do a much stronger tackle. Seems to stop that thing where you tackle someone and the ball bounces straight back to the same player.

All of my tackles are always strong.

32 minutes ago, Gazz said:

After about 20 games, I'm still on the fence about this. It's all well and good powering up the tackle, but with the ping pong nature of players online and the AI on legendary difficulty, you don't always get the time to do it.

I often will hold the standing tackle button as on previous games it meant jockeying and battling the ball carrier man-to-man, but now my player often lunges into a tackle instead. Have they put the jockeying on another button or are both functions mapped to Circle/B now?

• Like 1

Anyone know if there's a button for AI pressure in Pro clubs? We've lost 6-1 and 5-1 in the first two games, AI defence is just letting them waltz through, no pressure, no tackles, no tracking, jogging back when countered, leaving like 4 attackers versus 2 defenders.

7 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Anyone know if there's a button for AI pressure in Pro clubs? We've lost 6-1 and 5-1 in the first two games, AI defence is just letting them waltz through, no pressure, no tackles, no tracking, jogging back when countered, leaving like 4 attackers versus 2 defenders.

I was watching one of the Youtubers doing a stream earlier this week, and they've made defending a lot more manual, it seems. If you don't control the defender and step into the right position and make the challenge, they'll just stand there like lemons.

I'm actually disappointed at how the games are constantly focused on attacking play. I thought there was too many high scores in previous games, but now if you play against anyone half decent online, I can see a lot of crazy scorelines coming on. Case in point was the top EA TV video, or whatever they're calling it. A 5-5 draw between players and then on to pens. 

16 minutes ago, Gazz said:

This is what happens when you let Myke back in, he does have the worst winning percentage in Dragons history.