Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers **SPOILERS**

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

The theme is really awful, made worse by the fact that there isn't even an alternate title, like how Second Chances also had Cambodia. I still haven't even watched a full cast assessment video, the reveal came at a really bad time for me and nearly everyone I looked at the bios of I was like "oh jeez, I'm okay." I think I liked Roark but had full expectations that she's a premerge boot?

eh, I'm not going anywhere yet, I'm just not really getting involved in the preseason stuff the way I usually do. I reserve the right to drop the season like I dropped Game Changers, though.

I'll be watching, even though I don't care for the theme. 

I kind of hppe next season is another Blood vs. Water, but I'll be fine if it isn't as long as it's something decent. (ie, no Brawn vs. Beauty vs. Brains.)

24 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I'll be watching, even though I don't care for the theme. 

I kind of hppe next season is another Blood vs. Water, but I'll be fine if it isn't as long as it's something decent. (ie, no Brawn vs. Beauty vs. Brains.)

The cast and theme of next season has been leaked. Spoilers below.

Spoiler

No returning players, and the name is Survivor: Ghost Island. It seems like it's Redemption Island, but instead of a weekly duel, they all wait there until they compete in one challenge later in the game.

18 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

All the Survivor folks are abandoning ship! :(

The thing I'll give Survivor credit for is their casting in the last few seasons. 

Every year I say I am leaving and I stick around. 

I'll watch the premiere episode whenever I can and make a decision if I am stick around. 

• Like 1

Okay, I always say I want to do a Survivor fantasy style draft thing, but one that I've seen recently is that folks do Power Rankings before each new episode. If you rank someone 1st, and they get voted out, you get 1 point. If you rank someone 10th, and they get voted out, you get 10 points. 

It works better if folks watch live and I'd be happy to keep track of points. The general rule would be if you forget to post a ranking, you're previous week's rankings would stay the same. 

People could also do it who are watching it later, but they have a bit of an advantage in case they get spoilers, but I'd be more than happy to trust that people would be playing legit.

Anybody interested in this or I am just being a super nerd? :P

3 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I would trust that folks here would play honestly. :D

I am cool with it, but with the caveat that Survivor can easily be spoiled and people may be playing spoiled. 

I was actually pretty high on this episode, but the actual vote makes it clear that once again they're not even going to humor the idea of having the story they're telling in the buildup inform how and why someone got voted out.

Spoiler

Instead, they basically made Chrissy look like an idiot because we were never given a reason to believe she might not actually be tight with Katrina or might be more interested in exploiting the fractures in the majority alliance.

and it's a shame, because there really was stuff I loved. Alan's insanity/crazy eyes, Dr. Mike vs. Joe, Ben as this island of sanity amidst a storm of feuding between Alan and Ashley and JP The Stripper Robot. This could actually turn out to be a reasonably interesting season but it's a shame one of my biggest recent season pet peeves reared its ugly head immediately.