Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers **SPOILERS**

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

I do actually like how they are treating advantages this season.  Only being able to use it at the next tribal council is way better than being able to sit on it, and having to give it to someone if you don't go adds extra layers for later in the season.  More next tribal only advantages, less idols and legacy advantages.

6 hours ago, Hard BD said:

People were really down on this season before it started, but I actually think it's been super fun. Even the advantages and idols and things have been awesome, and less silly than seasons past.

I have not watched the latest episode, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the season after not enjoying the last two seasons. Outside of Roark and Desi, everyone has got a storyline or exposure on screen. 

I think what is also great is that means no one is dominating screen time right now. Even with big characters like Alan and Joe and Ryan, no one seems overexposed. We've gotten great insight into characters like Jessica, Ben, Devon, Chrissy, Ali and Lauren. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The online community seems to hate it, but I have enjoyed it. I think people don't like that a lot of people are unlikeable, but I like that my favourite characters have flaws. Ben especially has been fascinating these last few weeks. After coming off as a guy who would be able to hold these wilder people around him together, he's become such a huge target.

I like Ryan and Chrissy a lot. At this point, JP and Ashley are the only people who don't do anything for me. 

No idea why he played his idol last night. 

I mean, I kind of do. Jessica and Desi were just voted out despite Cole and Joe being bigger threats (though Desi and Cole had immunity in those votes). I think he needed to wait until 8 and people would have flocked to him. They'll all make their move there because they think everyone will try at 7. 

I honestly got a little bored/it became a casualty of how many other shows I'd rather watch. I really like the structural changes they made to this season and they've steered away from some of their worst habits in terms of editing, and it's not like I think the cast is toxic. Maybe the overemphasis on Ryan is a little bit of a turn-off for me, but it's not that he's even bad or annoying so much as "nerdy superfan confessional generator" is a character type that I think I need a good five seasons away from before I start enjoying again. I'll probably put the two episodes I have on DVR on while I'm cleaning or something but it's not really a priority?

I might just be losing interest in Survivor in general, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just caught up on the double elimination episode.  I like how there is a new strategy going on that has been somewhat entertaining most because it was made to make Joe look like an idiot.  My only issue is there seems to be too many things happening and nothing has anything to do with the people themselves, just a bunch of idol hints.

I still think Ben is winning based on everything we've seen so far but I wouldn't be shocked if he lost to Devon.

17 hours ago, Azazel said:

Just caught the latest episode, I was REALLY hoping

Hide contents

After Jeff collected the votes he would reveal the idol Ben gave him was the fake he made earlier in the season and Ben still had the real one.  It would have been probably one of the best moments on Survivor in a long time.

Spoiler

I kept thinking Ben was going to take back the idol. Sure, he gave it to Jeff but it was never mentioned that he said he was officially playing it.

There must have been something said off screen because Jeff confirmed it was a real idol before they voted. A few season's back, Mike tried to get Jeff to verify Joe's fake idol before the vote and he wouldn't do it. Mike played it on Will but Jeff threw it in the fire.