NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

Bogdanovic. :P

I admit, even though the Pacers had won the regular season series I wasn't expecting them to win this one in the playoffs.

I just thought, "the playoffs are different, I can't see LeBron losing in round 1". 

Not so sure anymore, to be honest.

Edited by Malenko

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Cavs are a mess. It's still a lot of series left but LeBron is doing some serious heavy lifting for this team. He hasn't had to do this much since his first stint with the Cavs.

They're a mess because of LeBron. He's almost too talented. If it was Jordan or Kobe on that team, I don't think they would struggle as much. But LeBron, who is probably a better team player then those two, tries too hard to get everybody involved. But, when they don't play up to his standard, and he's not capable of making players around him better, any team LeBron plays on will have issues.

That's why LeBron can only win a championship when he has other great players around him. It seems like nobody on the current Cavs knows their place and how to play with LeBron. Say what you want about Jordan and Kobe, but if you were playing with them, you knew your role on that team and they knew how to win with whoever was on their team. LeBron doesn't.

I'm biased, but yes, there is no more fun team to watch then the Jazz. Mitchell is insanely entertaining. Rudy is the best defensive player in the league, and Rubio is always a blast.

Yup, OKC/Jazz is the most fun series of the West this round. Today's game was pretty fun, but my god, when Westbrook shits the bed, he covers every inch of that bed.

The story of LeBron maybe losing in the first round plus Oladipo blossoming into a star makes the Cavs / Pacers so much fun to watch, feel like the Pacers are such a great team to watch. Even though it's a low-scoring series, I like it.

On 4/15/2018 at 20:19, Pooker said:

I think a lot of how I feel about it comes from growing up and watching Stockton and Malone play. Seems like a lot of the great players from that era waited until the end of their careers to go ring chasing.

I like to see the best players competing against the best players. Super teams drive me nuts. Always have, always will. I love the Warriors championship team from three years ago. It was organic. Good drafting, free agent signings that fit with the team. Durant signing there felt like him cheating to me.

I've actually liked most of the teams LeBron has had in Cleveland. I've always thought they've put players around him that fit perfectly. But, for whatever reason, he can't win it all unless he has other great players around him. And that's just the NBA today.  No loyalty to the city/team.

Also, Paul George is freaking on fire today.

The teams often have no loyalty to the player as well. Which is why I rarely blame the players for this.

• Like 1

It's a double-edged sword, for sure. Players show no loyalty, and teams have learned that it's almost better to trade away a player to get something in return, rather then let them walk away for free.

10 hours ago, Pooker said:

It's a double-edged sword, for sure. Players show no loyalty, and teams have learned that it's almost better to trade away a player to get something in return, rather then let them walk away for free.

Players have no reason to show loyalty, it's an intangible thing that means shit in the long run. These players are people with families and lives of their own, having them show some unreasonable sense of loyalty for a team just because it's expected of them is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Players have no reason to show loyalty, it's an intangible thing that means shit in the long run. These players are people with families and lives of their own, having them show some unreasonable sense of loyalty for a team just because it's expected of them is ridiculous. 

They're making enough money no matter where they play at to take care of their families. If they're not happy with where they are playing, then yes, I don't see the need for them to show loyalty. But if you're happy and making lots of money, I think expecting a little loyalty to the team that either drafted you or gave you a chance isn't too much to ask for.