NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

When LeBron was in his first stint with the Cavs, I went to see him play the Jazz here in Utah. He took the first three quarters easy. Went off in the fourth to get the Cavs back in the game. But when it came time to win the game, he passed the ball. All the talent in the world and one of the best ever. But at the end of the day, he doesn't compare to Jordan or Kobe.

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

When LeBron was in his first stint with the Cavs, I went to see him play the Jazz here in Utah. He took the first three quarters easy. Went off in the fourth to get the Cavs back in the game. But when it came time to win the game, he passed the ball. All the talent in the world and one of the best ever. But at the end of the day, he doesn't compare to Jordan or Kobe.

Yeah, that doesn't in the least mean he doesn't compare to Kobe or Jordan. LeBron has the ball at the end of the game these days, and when he needs to he still manages to pass it. Kobe on the other hand, doesn't. LeBron is actually more versatile that way than Kobe ever was. He might not be as good as Jordan or Kobe, but to say he doesn't compare is bloody ridiculous. 

He spent the first period of his career on a nothing team. He went and won championships, changing the entire dynamic of the league single handedly, then went back to that team and won another one. He's the best goddamn player in the league for the past 15 years. 

First Cavs stint LeBron doesn't compare to what he became in the run for his first title with the Heat. Everyone criticizes (rightfully) Kobe for taking every shot and always hogging the ball during his prime, but LeBron always has tried to get his teammates into the game. He had some really crappy teammates in Cleveland still was able to get them to the Finals one season, and if it weren't for Danny Ainge probably would have done it another 1 or 2 times. But he was not afraid to pass and give someone else the shot, even if it defies all logic since he's LeBron f'n James. He became a little more selfish I feel in Miami when he realized he was so much better than Wade and basically took the team over. Nobody else dictated what was going on out there, it was LeBron's team and they all followed his lead. He started taking the big shots. Come back to Cleveland and it's largely the same thing, which is one of many reasons I'm sure Kyrie left. LeBron has always been a guy who wanted to be a team player and wanted to have trust in everyone, but there was a point he definitely came to accept he was that much better than anyone else on his team and needed to play accordingly.

That said LeBron has, and you can't blame him with how much of a foregone conclusion making the playoffs is, taken it easy on a lot of nights against subpar teams. He still goes all out in some regular season games against fellow contenders but he will conserve himself against the Orlando Magics of the world, and you can't blame him. Warriors grinded hard for 73 wins instead of taking it easy and they came up against a fresher Cavs team who just wore them down on defense.

My big point was that because LeBron does take it easy on the defensive side in a lot of regular season games is what is used to penalize him the most by MVP voters.

On 21/09/2017 at 07:50, Tyrone said:

I see this as a bit of a transition year for the Spurs. I still think they'll win 50+, either 2nd or 3rd seed depending on how Harden and Paul gel. Kawhi will do Kawhi things and be in the MVP running, younger guys will get more playing time and hopefully Rudy Gay will fit right in. I'm just hoping the Aldridge experiment will end and the Spurs can move on.

Or not... I thought Aldridge would test out free agency, but the Spurs extended him on 3 yrs/$72.3 M. Maybe that heart to heart with Pop will rejuvenate him? (Save us Kawhi) :unsure:

Edited by Tyrone

*ahem*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. There goes Hayward's season, hopefully that's all. Gotta feel terrible for the guy, but I can't imagine how Stevens is feeling. He brings in Hayward as his protege and to be his ace and this happens first game. 

Besides that, loving Brown's energy and Smart's development. Kind of surprised they threw Tatum in the deep end, starting his first career game against the Cavs. 

The leg actually didn't look that bad the first million times I saw it. It's when he spun around that I realized how bad it was. I was watching live, and had to turn it off.

Also, how could anyone legitimately argue that Kobe is better than LeBron? I just don't get it. LeBron is so good at many things -- Kobe scores a lot. Maybe I'm subliminally biased against him, but I just don't get how some people put Bryant in the top 5 all-time. LeBron is already the best SF ever. Kobe isn't even a top 3 two-guard. 

...although after typing that, I'm not sure there is a definitive #2 SG out there. Jordan is obviously #1, but after him, there are a few guys who could be #2. West, Gervin.. I'd probably have to slide Kobe into #3 spot at worst. Interesting.

...but yeah, Kobe still isn't making my top five, and probably not even a top ten.

• Like 1

The only thing that LeBron has over Kobe is the ability to get his teammates involved. Other than that, Kobe is so much better than LeBron. I'll agree that Kobe isn't in the top five all time, but I can't name ten players better then him and I hate Kobe.

4 minutes ago, Pooker said:

The only thing that LeBron has over Kobe is the ability to get his teammates involved. Other than that, Kobe is so much better than LeBron. I'll agree that Kobe isn't in the top five all time, but I can't name ten players better then him and I hate Kobe.

MJ, Magic, Bird, Wilt Chamberlin, Bill Russell, Shaq, 

Theres 6 I think were better and I don't even know a ton about Basketball

48 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

MJ, Magic, Bird, Wilt Chamberlin, Bill Russell, Shaq, 

Theres 6 I think were better and I don't even know a ton about Basketball

That's about it. The only thing I would change is maybe putting Kareem in instead of Shaq. Either way, that still puts Kobe in the top ten.