NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

I don't think I'd say the Sixers look better tonight than the first three games. But I definitely think the Celtics have not looked the same as the first three games. I'm sure they'll clinch it on Wednesday in Boston, but they don't look as cohesive as they have the last few games. 

34 minutes ago, Meacon said:

When my kids hit a milestone, I'm like "Wow, it seems like only yesterday..."

But Christ, it's been four years since you guys hired him? I feel like it was just yesterday we were talking about that hire. 

I know, same. I had high hopes, not that he'd lead us to the promised land, but maybe a perennial playoff team. Not so much, it was weird because there were these brief glimpses where they looked like a fun up and coming team but they always fizzled. 

14 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Kenny Smith said at halftime it might be better if Philly got swept because it will make them tougher. That seems like nonsense to me

...yeah, I think them trying to fight back and play more post-season games would make them better long term than four and done. 

• Like 1

Rumours are obviously going around that the Raptors will fire Casey after we lose this round. I hope and don't think that nonsense isn't true. I'll be devastated if it is.

Jazz are done tomorrow. No Rubio, no Exum, playing in Houston. Been a great season, I'm already excited for next year. Interested in seeing how Mitchell comes out and plays after what he said last night about Harden. 

My prediction from here on is Houston beats Golden State in 6, Cleveland sweeps Boston, then Cleveland beats Houston in 5.

17 hours ago, Meacon said:

When my kids hit a milestone, I'm like "Wow, it seems like only yesterday..."

But Christ, it's been four years since you guys hired him? I feel like it was just yesterday we were talking about that hire. 

What is amusing to me is that he turned down the Golden State job for more power in Detroit. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Since his playoff campaign is over, I really think "Damn, Donovan Mitchell is awesome." @Pooker I totally take back everything I said about him. Can definitely see why you ship him getting the ROTY.

I've never seen a rookie like him. From the day we drafted him until now, he's already improved a ton. He out scored the entire Rockets team by himself in the third quarter. How many rookies can do that? Sucked to see him end his season with a hurt foot, but I'm so excited to have him here in Utah.

Such a great pickup in the draft. Everything about his journey to Utah is wild. Charlotte and (especially) Detroit passing on him. Denver picking him up only to trade him for lesser parts. That's 3 teams who all visibly need a player like Mitchell.

He keeps improving too. He'll probably be a consistent 25-28 pt guy for the next 10 years, and with that you can definitely put the rest to go around him. If there's a problem it's that he was so good so early that the team didn't have a much needed lottery season to lock in another piece.