Favorite TV Show themes

VerbalPuke

15 hours ago, Skumanoid said:

The Munsters or gtfo

I came in here to say this and am beginning to think that a wrestling company ran by the two of us would either be the greatest thing in creation or so filled with niche pop culture references that we wouldn't have an audience outside of EWB.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Naitch said:

I came in here to say this and am beginning to think that a wrestling company ran by the two of us would either be the greatest thing in creation or so filled with niche pop culture references that we wouldn't have an audience outside of EWB.

Worth the risk, tbf.

In terms of other great themes...someone else mentioned True Blood. Hate the series, but I bought the first series on DVD almost solely off the strength of that song, because I figured it must be good with that attached to it. Echo the love for the original Doctor Who theme - as a nerd for early electronic music, and a huge fan of Delia Derbyshire and BBC Radiophonic, I have so much love for that piece of music.

Have to mention the main theme from Twin Peaks, too - beautiful piece of music, perfectly matched to the visuals, and gives me goosebumps just hearing it.

Game of Thrones is just a masterpiece. I'm a sucker for good show theme music.

Fargo's is great, some others I love have been mentioned like Dexter, True Blood, Making a Murderer (I almost want to re-watch that series just for the intro!) and even Dr. Who.

Cartoons...it HAS to be the X-Men animated series, doesn't it!? 

8 hours ago, Azazel said:

Best Theme Song:

Greatest American Hero gets a mention as well.  Rawhide just because of Blues Brothers as well.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Game of Thrones is just a masterpiece. I'm a sucker for good show theme music.

Fargo's is great, some others I love have been mentioned like Dexter, True Blood, Making a Murderer (I almost want to re-watch that series just for the intro!) and even Dr. Who.

Cartoons...it HAS to be the X-Men animated series, doesn't it!? 

Talk about two intros that get me utterly hype every single time, these two are certainly it. Also Spiderman: TAS had that awesome Joe Perry guitar-laden intro that was pretty freaking cool in its own right.

Also, F1 on BBC intro/theme is one of the best sports-programme openers ever, consistently until last season when they lost the rights.

• Like 2

F1, great shout. Not only is 'The Chain' iconic and immense, but when I was getting into the sport in the early 2000s, and it was on ITV, they had two songs as the theme that always instantly remind me of Schumey, DC, Montoya and co. when I hear them now: an instrumental version of "You Aint Seen Nothing Yet" by Bachman Turner Overdrive, and "Lift Me Up" by Moby.

On the topic of sports-related theme tunes, can't beat the theme for BBC Superstars. Their Wimbledon tune is pretty great too.

Oh, absolutely, The Chain is the sound of sitting with my Grandad watching the F1 on a Sunday morning. It's also the first song I can remember my half-brother learning to play on bass, and back then only knowing it as the tune from the F1. Lovely stuff.

A lot of love for the X-Men theme, too, which is now going to be stuck in my head all day - replacing the theme from the League of Gentlemen, which I came in here to give an honourary nod to.

• Like 1