Star Trek Discovery

K

18 hours ago, Mick said:

:mellow:

Hide contents

No wonder Lorca is a prick.

It's really shining a light on what a shithole the Mirror Universe is.

I also liked some of the more metaphysical aspects of this episode.

Ahhh the theories were correct!

A fantastic end to an episode. A whole week to wait though!

It's like the olden days of having to wait until the next episode of a programme. Actually makes me look forward to it more.

24 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Hide contents

Ahhh the theories were correct!

A fantastic end to an episode. A whole week to wait though!

It's like the olden days of having to wait until the next episode of a programme. Actually makes me look forward to it more.

You gotta admit, it's going to make rewatches fun :shifty: 

You know, I liked the way they were developing the Abrahms universe but... you know how it is, they found a better one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Episode 11.

Hide contents

Not quite finished, but God damn, now Discovery got good. Mirror episodes tends to be great, but the way they've weaved it in with the main story in this one is really fun. Culber tho :(

TBF, he could've looked at the scans, realized someone messed with Tyler, realized 'Oh shit, this guy was a POW for 7 months' and grabbed a phaser or a red shirt or something :shifty: 

23 minutes ago, Benji said:

Episode 12

Reveal hidden contents

I think this show has my total faith now. I'm on board.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:55, Benji said:

Oh my God, you guys. Seriously. I love this show.

I agree.

Spoiler

I like the stuff with Ash. Think about every kind of violation we've seen on Star Trek. I think the only one that really had merit to future storylines was Picard becoming Locutus, and even then it's more ''They hurt me so fuck em, give me a hug". Ash is a true identity crisis.

I got the heavy implication in this episode that Spock is dead.

House D'Ghor: they were the assholes in "The House of Quark". 

And that ending...ohhhh shit. What are they going to do?

18 minutes ago, K said:

Tbh I wasn't into this episode at all. Just felt like a series of monologues. 

Well, they have to setup for the finale next week. 

Well they wrote the series. It's not like there's a law that the penultimate episode has to be a series of longer and longer monologues. If they wrote themselves into a corner that meant they had to spend 45 minutes on exposition, that's on them.

3 hours ago, K said:

Well they wrote the series.

What if... Now hear me out... What if these were scripts that were written by the mirror universe writing staff, and now that they can't go there anymore, the prime universe writers had to step in and try to fill in the blanks. That would go a long way to explaining the drop in quality.

Loving this series, and I can't wait to see where the finale goes. Have we had any news on a second season?

38 minutes ago, DFF said:

Loving this series, and I can't wait to see where the finale goes. Have we had any news on a second season?

Yeah man. Should start filming in April for a early 2019 release

Sweet. Did they confirm whether it is a sequel or whether they are going down the anthology route? (Both were mooted at one time or another)

Spoiler

Oh shiiiiiit. I suspected it might happen due to the loss of Lorca, but God damn. This is gonna be ridiculously interesting. I was gutted when I heard Michelle Yeoh wasn't going to be a part of the regular cast, so hopefully this sets her as part of it going into season two and it's not just a "finale and done again" deal.

Also, I was good with the exposition in this one. We've had a lot of action episodes, so it was nice to have a quick break from that and cover some deeper character and plot development before what will presumably be another action packed episode in the finale.

Finally watched the penultimate episode in anticipation for the finale airing over here soon. Thought it was a solid episode, though obviously not as good as the previous few. I could really do without the Michael / Ash thing, though, so fucking boring and not into it at all.