Fortnite Battle Royale

Gazz

Actually, it looks as though we can play together cross-platform through the Epic Friends system.

You have to register here, then link your console account and then we should be able to find each other, my username is GazzP

@Rich @9 to 5 @Jericode

• 4 weeks later...

So it turns out that the company who developed Fortnite have a similar name to where I work and I just took a call from some kid about it. Apparently that wasn't the first time it's happened as my manager took a call last week from an angry guy demanding his money back after his girlfriend spent his credits.

• 2 weeks later...

So I played my first 3 games of this today. Did alright, but I'm useless. I played duos with a mate, and got 4th in my first game, 7th in my second and uh... 46th in my third. It was probably because we landed in Tilted Towers at the start of the third one which made us do so badly.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Spoilers? Isn't it just a basic battle royale game? Drop in and kill one another (while building stuff)?

That happened mid-match.

13 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Spoilers? Isn't it just a basic battle royale game? Drop in and kill one another (while building stuff)?

They've actually done a stupidly good job of creating seasons, game changes and in-game lore as far as I've seen from an observer on the outside. They hinted that one of the locations on the map might be destroyed and the community went into a rave.

There's in game lore? What the heck!?

How do the seasons work? Because when I tried it months ago, it was pretty bare bones from what I could tell. No character customization....they just drop you in and let you go to town.

I don't know if lore was the right thing to say - there's hints of stuff for sure but I don't think it's as heavy as saying "the game has a lore" but I'll leave that to the people who are playing it.

But basically it has stuff that interests people - I think that's why it's a Battle Royale that people are latching heavily onto.

12 minutes ago, Apsham said:

I don't know if lore was the right thing to say - there's hints of stuff for sure but I don't think it's as heavy as saying "the game has a lore" but I'll leave that to the people who are playing it.

But basically it has stuff that interests people - I think that's why it's a Battle Royale that people are latching heavily onto.

That's pretty cool still. I haven't really played it because the crafting is something I can't get my head around...especially at the speed that people build those giant towers. 

I think I'm just getting too old for twitch shooters...my reaction time is down :(

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

There's in game lore? What the heck!?

How do the seasons work? Because when I tried it months ago, it was pretty bare bones from what I could tell. No character customization....they just drop you in and let you go to town.

Season Four, which ends tomorrow was based around superheroes and villains. All throughout season three, there had been a comet gradually getting bigger in the sky. At the start of season four, the comet hit the island and destroyed Dusty Depot, becoming Dusty Divot with the comet still in the middle of it. As the season progressed, a laboratory was built around the comet, which was drilled into and shown to contain a capsule that eventually broke open in week seven.

fortnite-meteor1.jpg

Out popped 'The Visitor'.

blockbuster7-1200x600.jpg

There also appeared at opposite sides of the island a superhero mansion and a supervillian lair built into a mountian, complete with a huge missile in the centre of it. Over the next two weeks, The Visitor made it over to the lair, where he initiated a countdown on the rocket, eventually launching it as seen above. The launch appears to have created cracks within time which have sucked landmarks into them and spewed historical bits and pieces out of them at random places in the map. There's been an anchor, a western style wagon and a dinosaur's skeleton. All this happens in real time within the game world.

So season five is thought to be based around time travel and huge changes to the map.

They've also introduced new game mode such as 50v50 and a playground mode where you have the island to yourself to build whatever you like, Minecraft style.

• Like 2