Sign in to follow this  
"Omae wa mou shindeiru!"

Blade Runner 2049

Anyone been to see it yet? Went tonight and thought it was fantastic. It is a very long film, not far off three hours and it starts off very slowly but is well paced, maybe could have been a bit shorter but isn't really an issue. The cinemetograpgy and score are amazing as well. It's a great follow up to what is one of my favourite films. 

I'm gonna go see this in a couple days, but first I want to rewatch the original.  Joey has never seen the original at all, while I've only seen the theatrical release.  Should we watch the final cut version from 2007 before going to see the 2049?

13 hours ago, SheiLDa the She-Wolf said:

I'm gonna go see this in a couple days, but first I want to rewatch the original.  Joey has never seen the original at all, while I've only seen the theatrical release.  Should we watch the final cut version from 2007 before going to see the 2049?

It does a good job of filling in the blanks but I'd still say a lot is lost on you if you haven't seen the original. 

ElTiburon    1,418

I loved it. Even though it was a three hour movie, it didn't feel that long because it was well-paced. 

Jericode    3,873

If I've not seen the original, am I going to enjoy it as a stand-alone movie?

punky    625

I actually liked it a lot but I think they definitely could've trimmed some time off. It was a beautifully shot movie and Ryan Gosling was great in it, IMO.