Music that is awful (that you like)

VerbalPuke

Sometimes shitty music is endearing. 

Total Chaos for example. Totally cliche punk band from their looks, to their musical themes. Yet...they're sorta catchy. 

Its fucking cringe worthy but pretty cool anyway. 

And of course, Flipper. Thing is, not being very good was sorta their thing. The music is sloppy, the lyrics are absurd, but they're great anyway. 

I don't think anything I listen to is awful, if I didn't I wouldn't listen to it.:huh:

53 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I swear we've have this topic before.:unsure:

Anyway, um in terms of music that is awful... probably the YouTuber disstrack trend that went around earlier this summer.

Case in point. This is probably awful, but I like it (and some of the diss tracks were just awful)

Probably, but alcohol clouds my judgement and memory.

• Like 2

In terms of critical acclaim (or lack thereof), at one point the worst three rock bands in the world were cited as Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, and Creed, and I owned all their albums. Limp Bizkit I'm still a big fan of, and I like listening to Nickelback's older albums* from time to time for nostalgia. Creed seem pretty weak now Alter Bridge exist.

Oh, according to EWB, Alter Bridge is awful so them too.

*"Older" is up to All The Right Reasons (the one with Photograph and Rockstar on) - which is the most hilarously inconsistent album ever recorded. IIRC, they follow up one song about Chad Kroeger wanting to beat people up for even looking at his stripper girlfriend, into a song begging for world peace. Their follow-up, which included the old Raw theme tune, was gash even by Nickelback's standards.

3 minutes ago, GA! said:

In terms of critical acclaim (or lack thereof), at one point the worst three rock bands in the world were cited as Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, and Creed, and I owned all their albums. Limp Bizkit I'm still a big fan of, and I like listening to Nickelback's older albums* from time to time for nostalgia. Creed seem pretty weak now Alter Bridge exist.

Oh, according to EWB, Alter Bridge is awful so them too.

*"Older" is up to All The Right Reasons (the one with Photograph and Rockstar on) - which is the most hilarously inconsistent album ever recorded. IIRC, they follow up one song about Chad Kroeger wanting to beat people up for even looking at his stripper girlfriend, into a song begging for world peace. Their follow-up, which included the old Raw theme tune, was gash even by Nickelback's standards.

Don't forget Muse